Author Topic: What Did You Want to Be When You Were a Kid??  (Read 9637 times)

injest

Re: What Did You Want to Be When You Were a Kid??
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 03:34:55 pm »
would you be interested in changing your career to research or would that involve a lot of school and stuff?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 03:38:16 pm »
I don't have any idea what Lynne does.

I have trouble figuring out jobs where you don't make or sell something...I had a friend that works in Government over in Great Britian. He tried to explain what he did but I just never could understand it. He said he evaluated programs and made suggestions for distribution of funds....
huh?

So when he went in to work...what did he do? read computer screens? where did the information come from? It is all very confusing...

Maybe he gets paid for his suggestions. It sounds like he is giving advice to others, and people are willing to pay for it. You're right Jess. It is confusing.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 03:46:45 pm »
I know it is hard to believe but I made great grades in school...straight As most of the time. In advanced English and Math classes. I wasn't always stupid!

JESS!  Honey you are NOT stupid now!   :-*  {{{{Jess}}}}
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 03:50:17 pm »
huh! I have always thought that being a bit of an actress would really help if you went into teaching....you have to be comfortable being the focus of attention..and willing to let your hair down now and again..an extrovert if you will...

sounds like you made a good match with your choices!

Haha--thanks, Jess. Yeah--I have to ham it up sometimes to get their attention. I usually hum a tune or make up a (short)song to sing to whomever made the highest grade on a test while I'm passing them out. Or when they are all asking questions at the same time, I hold my ears and get very dramatic about not being able to hear more than one person at a time. LOL. And I make up stories a lot -- they usually believe me until I start to laugh. (It doesn't pay $$ as well as a real actress, but I get lots of hugs!)  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 04:22:51 pm »
JESS!  Honey you are NOT stupid now!   :-*  {{{{Jess}}}}

I don't know, Dot. It feels like my brain has atrophied....like it has shriveled up like a raisin! sometimes it physically hurts to think...and learning new things just gets harder and harder..

maybe it is a sign of old age!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 04:24:08 pm »
Haha--thanks, Jess. Yeah--I have to ham it up sometimes to get their attention. I usually hum a tune or make up a (short)song to sing to whomever made the highest grade on a test while I'm passing them out. Or when they are all asking questions at the same time, I hold my ears and get very dramatic about not being able to hear more than one person at a time. LOL. And I make up stories a lot -- they usually believe me until I start to laugh. (It doesn't pay $$ as well as a real actress, but I get lots of hugs!)  :)

well you NEED money...and you NEED hugs....the trick is getting them balanced out!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 05:34:59 pm »
I know it is hard to believe but I made great grades in school...straight As most of the time. In advanced English and Math classes. I wasn't always stupid!

STOP IT, JUST STOP IT.   yOU ARENT STUPID AND NEVER HAVE BEEN.   I dont like hearing you talk about yourself like that....Even in a joking way...its not funny!!!!!

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 06:59:46 pm »
maybe it is a sign of old age!

Well, you are still smart!!! VERY smart in my book.

But--I do think age is affecting me sometimes. I once could spell everything without thinking about it. Now I have to think. And I'm just not as "quick" as I used to be. Like--sometimes I can know there's a word to use that has a certain definition that I'm talking about, but I can't call the word to mind readily. I don't think I'm less smart, but it's frustrating and it makes me a little reluctant to interact with others. I don't like it, but it's a fact of my life.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 07:21:11 pm »
I wanted to be in a bluegrass band.  ;D I took banjo lessons for about 4 years and all I ever got was two songs; Cripple Creek and Foggy Mountain Breakdown. Then I decided I would be a physical therapist in highschool, but was talked out of it by a guidance councellor who got me off on a vocation track.

Luckily I went to college anyway, ended up with a BA in Fine Art Photography, the Ansel Adams/Diane Arbus type stuff. Never did anything with that degree. Later I became a paralegal which lead to realestate and property management, so now I am a babysitter for peoples investment properties.

What a long strange trip its been.......
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 07:32:38 pm »

HEY!!  >:(

Don't you talk about yourself like that!  >:(  You're NOT stupid!!

Everyone around here knows I'M the STUPID one!!  :laugh:

Don't you dare try to snatch that honor away from me!  >:(  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.