Author Topic: Music Music Music  (Read 220086 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Music Music Music
« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2023, 05:26:33 pm »
This morning I decided to root out my old LP of "A Festival of Carols in Brass," an old, old recording by the Philadelphia Orchestra's Brass Ensemble; it isn't Christmas for me without that album.

I ended up looking through my old LPs. I don't have many of them, but they do more or less make a time capsule of the mid Seventies to the early Eighties.  :laugh:

I pulled out an LP I've probably not listened to in, I don't know, 35 years? It's Dan Fogelberg's "Greatest Hits" album. Now, there was a singer who really had a way with a ballad.

(Anybody else remember him?)

I can't listen to this one without tearing up and almost bawling: "The Leader of the Band."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDByv7HoAyg
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2023, 08:11:06 pm »
Oh yes, I remember Dan Fogelberg.

"Longer", "Same Auld Lang Syne", "Language of Love" were all faves of mine.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2023, 08:51:44 pm »
This was my favorite of his, a duet with Tim Weisberg--"Since You've Asked".  ''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2023, 11:52:51 am »
Oh yes, I remember Dan Fogelberg.

"Longer", "Same Auld Lang Syne", "Language of Love" were all faves of mine.

I read yesterday that he actually did run into his high school sweetheart in a convenience store.

I suppose you wouldn't exactly call him Brokie-ish, but he did have a working ranch near Pagosa Springs.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2023, 12:00:49 am »
This was my favorite of his, a duet with Tim Weisberg--"Since You've Asked".  ''

I don't believe I've ever heard that one. It's very pretty. I like the melody.  :)