Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8853202 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14620 on: August 17, 2016, 09:59:55 pm »
This was my lunch box:   :'( :'( :'( :'(

I had one like that. One day I dropped it, and the liner of the thermos bottle broke, and I had a mess in the box instead of a lunch.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14621 on: August 18, 2016, 11:52:55 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Well, isn't that a nice way to insult someone?  lol

I just got my pay stub for tomorrow, and my new raise is there!  Yaaaaaaaay for extra cash!  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14622 on: August 18, 2016, 11:53:39 am »
Hello Paul and Jeff!   I remember that lunchbox set too!  I recall a few people having it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14623 on: August 18, 2016, 03:12:26 pm »
I was deprived of the (apparent) fun of having a lunch box at all. No superheroes, no nothing. Poor me  :(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14624 on: August 18, 2016, 03:15:06 pm »
Congrats on the raise, Chuck! I hope it was a big one!

Me, I hardly ever get a raise. Poor me   :(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14625 on: August 18, 2016, 03:17:07 pm »
I had one of those barn-shaped ones with farm animals pictured on it. And then in 8th grade or so, I got a square one and decoupaged it.

(I'm not posting a photo of the first one because I know you all know what those looked like, and the second one is lost to history.)

Chuck! Great job on the school supplies. You are very thoughtful and generous.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14626 on: August 18, 2016, 03:31:40 pm »
After I dropped the "Scotch plaid" lunch box and broke the Thermos bottle, I got switched to a brown paper bag with cans of Welch's grape juice.

(I learned then that Welch's grape juice doesn't go good with a tuna salad sandwich, I guess for the same reason you're not supposed to drink red wine with fish.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14627 on: August 19, 2016, 09:13:33 am »

I'm in computer hell right now.  LOL   I just received a new laptop, but it's missing  some programs, so now I have to run my old computer, while talking to tech support with my new one.

::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14628 on: August 19, 2016, 09:28:57 am »

I'm in computer hell right now.  LOL   I just received a new laptop, but it's missing  some programs, so now I have to run my old computer, while talking to tech support with my new one.

::)

Oooh. One of my coworkers is supposed to get a new laptop today. She gets a laptop because she works at home on Tuesdays. I don't work at home, and I'm perfectly happy to have a desk top computer.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14629 on: August 19, 2016, 11:00:27 am »
Oooh. One of my coworkers is supposed to get a new laptop today. She gets a laptop because she works at home on Tuesdays. I don't work at home, and I'm perfectly happy to have a desk top computer.

I work at home all the time so I have a laptop that I have to lug back and forth and it's a huge pain. Literally -- I think carrying that 20-lb. thing in and out of the building, including a huge flight of stairs, has aggravated my chronic lower-back pain (I'm usually also carrying a purse, my lunch, a bottle of water, etc.). I've started taking the elevator when I'm carrying it up in the morning.

I've seen people using those rolling briefcases, but I haven't gone that far yet.