Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680450 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15260 on: December 21, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »
Chuckie, I got your Christmas card :D.  Awww, so sweet! Thank you very much, made my day when it came :-*.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15261 on: December 21, 2017, 08:24:55 pm »
coke life is the green one with stevia instead of sugar or aspartame. It was sold for a couple of months in my city, and I tasted it once. Didn't taste good, kind of a bitter tart.  I still prefer the original coke.

Interesting!  I didn't find it bitter at all.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15262 on: December 21, 2017, 08:25:16 pm »
Chuckie, I got your Christmas card :D.  Awww, so sweet! Thank you very much, made my day when it came :-*.

You're welcome,  darlin'!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15263 on: December 22, 2017, 09:18:31 pm »
At the store tonight, I went to get some sparkling water, which is shelved next to the soda. I saw the Coke display and remembered what to do. Sure enough, Coke Lifet! For all I know, it's been there the whole time.

I bought a six-pack of cute little 7.5-oz. cans. Haven't tried it yet, but that's a good size. 12 oz. of pop is always too much for me.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15264 on: December 23, 2017, 03:34:47 pm »
Very cool!   Glad you found it!  Now, I wait for judgement!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15265 on: December 24, 2017, 10:33:16 pm »
Well, my family made it through another Christmas.

;D

We celebrated today (Christmas Eve) and arrived at 2:30 at my parents' place.

Dinner was tasty,  plenty of desserts,  exchanged  all the gifts,  had a lot of laughs, and now, I'm back home and relaxing.

Tomorrow I have no plans, so I will sleep in, and then do laundry and clean the kitchen.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15266 on: December 24, 2017, 11:43:01 pm »

Tomorrow I have no plans, so I will sleep in, and then do laundry and clean the kitchen.
Sacrilege  ;D  one of the most wonderful things about Christmas day is that one does not do anything like work and does not feel guilty not doing it.
We had a hot night so 20'C at 6am but a cool change so only about 15'C at lunch time.
I went to the Cathedral at 10am. A bit disappointed as the choir only had about 8 voices (usually about 20). I guess a lot are university students (our university has the leading music school in the country) and have gone home.
Our new bishop continued to impress me. Instead of going up into the pulpit for the sermon, he wandered up and down the aisle asking children what Father Christmas had brought them. Even so it was not much more than 5 or 6 minutes. A lot of people from the cruise ships, most local people go to midnight church but I have trouble sitting up that late.
The city was strange, only a few tourist shops open and lots of tourists hanging around and boarding buses.
My favourite coffee shops closed so I came home and had coffee and fruit mince pie. Then an hour later I had smoked salmon and mustard potatoes. I waited another 30 minutes and had cold ham, turkey, Greek and beetroot salad. By that time I had drunk 2 glasses of pinot noir so I lay down for well over an hour. I had trouble getting up again but finally about 3pm I had plum pudding, brandy cream and of course more pinot noir. I suffer from bad indigestion so it was good to eat in portions.
I will watch the news at 6pm and I never miss the Queen's Speech at 6.50pm. Not sure I want any dinner, will need to think about that. I think the Edinburgh Tattoo is on TV.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15267 on: December 25, 2017, 10:33:37 am »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15268 on: December 25, 2017, 10:36:01 am »
Sacrilege  ;D  one of the most wonderful things about Christmas day is that one does not do anything like work and does not feel guilty not doing it.

:laugh:

I do understand that, however, mom & dad's dryer broke this week, which means I must use the one in my building.  I figured that this would be the one day no one else is doing laundry, so I won't have to wait to do it.  LOL

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15269 on: December 25, 2017, 11:32:51 am »
My favourite coffee shops closed so I came home and had coffee and fruit mince pie. ... smoked salmon and mustard potatoes ... cold ham, turkey, Greek and beetroot salad ...plum pudding, brandy cream

Your menu sounds kind of like something out of Charles Dickens! So what'll it be today ... a goose?

I haven't had fruit mince pie in years. I used to as a child but I've never heard of anyone eating or serving it for decades on decades. What's funny is that although it was made entirely of raisins and other chopped up fruit, we always called it "mincemeat pie." And I was shocked to learn later that some people ate a thing with that name that had actual meat in it.

I think I did eat plum pudding once, many years ago, when my stepmother -- a good cook who likes making unusual or impressive desserts -- made it for Christmas Eve dinner. But I've never seen it as something you could buy at a store or order in a restaurant.