Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680342 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15300 on: January 09, 2018, 06:49:35 pm »
Hello Bettermost  friends!

Quiet day at the office, most of my coworkers are in Boston for some official meeting or something, and won't be back to work until Friday.

:)

Tomorrow I'm off to have the second stage of my root canal taken care of, and then I'll check it at work with my laptop, from home.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15301 on: January 09, 2018, 07:22:43 pm »
Tomorrow I'm off to have the second stage of my root canal taken care of, and then I'll check it at work with my laptop, from home.

A root canal? Sounds like fun.  :)

NOT!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15302 on: January 09, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »
Yikes! Hoping for a pain-free and successful canal-ing! FR
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15303 on: January 10, 2018, 08:30:18 pm »
Hiya!

The root canal went as expected, and I'm pain free. 

I am a bit paranoid about the temporary crown on the tooth, so I'm chewing on the opposite side of my mouth.  :laugh:  The permanent crown will be put on 1/29/18

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15304 on: January 10, 2018, 09:33:55 pm »
The long-ago Brokie ruthlesslysentimental once told me that at first he thought LOL meant "lots of luck." So he said it to someone who posted that they ere going to get a big procedure at the dentist's.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15305 on: January 13, 2018, 05:54:18 pm »
The long-ago Brokie ruthlesslysentimental once told me that at first he thought LOL meant "lots of luck." So he said it to someone who posted that they ere going to get a big procedure at the dentist's.

That reminds me this image, from a site about parents making text errors.   Of course, there's no way to determine if this actually happened or not, but it's funny.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15306 on: January 13, 2018, 05:56:53 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Hope everyone is having fun this weekend.

After a few days of warm temps, and hard rains yesterday, it is now very cold again in NJ.   I'm staying inside and cleaning the apartment.

Tomorrow is my dad's bday, and mine is the day after, so tomorrow I'll be at their place for a family lunch.  Mom decided to have a selection of lunch meats, and everyone can make their own sandwich, and then got three mini-cakes for dessert.  One vanilla, one chocolate, and one red velvet.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15307 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:26 pm »
Yes, a very fun day, friend Chuck. I went to a meeting of my permaculture group, and was elected president of the chapter! It makes me proud, and scared at the same time.

Then, just a short time after I got home, my friend EDelMar appeared. He has been traveling and working remotely since just after Thanksgiving, so it was wonderful to actually see him again. I happened to have some chili cooking in the crock pot, so we had an intimate dinner sitting by the fire in my living room. He caught me up on all our mutual friends. We may get out in the mountains tomorrow, and then he's off back to the East Coast on Wednesday. I'm so blessed to have such a loyal friend.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15308 on: January 14, 2018, 11:35:35 pm »
Hello Lee!

Congratulations on your new position in the permaculture group!  I'm sure you'll be great!

The dinner you had with Adam sounds nice!   Glad you got to have some time together!

Today was busy, but productive and fun.   I got some cleaning done around the apartment,  got the garbage taken out,  some stuff stored away.   Then I went to mom & dad's place for the family celebration of the birthdays.  I got a new hamper (I've needed one for some time now....lol  My old one was falling apart).  I also got some plastic laundry bags, an ebay gift card, a bracelet, and cash.

After the party, I got the laundry put away, and picked up my groceries.   

My birthday is tomorrow, but I'm off work.   At my job, instead of a getting treated for your birthday, you treat others, so usually, the birthday celebrant brings in bagels or such for everyone for breakfast.

I decided to be different.   For those who like savory, I found a recipe for an "easy" breakfast meat casserole, consisting of eggs, cheese, milk, tater tots, bacon and sausage.   For those who l like sweet, I found a recipe for an "easy" French Toast casserole, consisting of French bread, eggs, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon.

Since we're off Monday, I will prep and bake them tomorrow, and bring them to work on Tuesday, heating them with sternos and aluminum pans.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15309 on: January 15, 2018, 10:36:11 am »
Today was busy, but productive and fun.   I got some cleaning done around the apartment,  got the garbage taken out,  some stuff stored away.   Then I went to mom & dad's place for the family celebration of the birthdays.  I got a new hamper (I've needed one for some time now....lol  My old one was falling apart).  I also got some plastic laundry bags, an ebay gift card, a bracelet, and cash.

Everybody here is very excited because the Minnesota Vikings won their playoff game yesterday. If they win the next game, they'll be in the Super Bowl. And the Super Bowl is in Minneapolis. It would be the first time in NFL history that a Super Bowl team played in its home stadium.

So what's funny is, I gather according to people's comments that it was an extremely exciting game. I was reading the newspaper but had the game on because my ex-husband and son had been watching it earlier and games (football, basketball, baseball) never distract me enough to keep me from reading. Like, if it were some show I hated (Two and a Half Men or something), I'd still find myself looking up and getting caught up in the dialogue and plot. But I can tune out sports. They're like white noise in the background. I rarely keep the TV on but in this case the background noise seemed kind of friendly and compatible.

The few times I looked up, the Vikings were ahead of the New Orleans Saints, 23-21. Then a while after that, I realized the game had probably ended, so I glanced at the TV to see who had won. The Vikings were jumping around and talking to reporters. So I figured, oh nice, they held on to their lead.

Apparently it was much closer than that. I never did hear the final score, but judging from today's OMG!!!! WHAT A GAME!!! type comments, I'm assuming the Saints pulled ahead but then the Vikings won at the last minute with some great play or something.

On Feb. 4, the day of the SB, if the Vikings are in the game I will be the most boring person in Minneapolis. :laugh:

I decided to be different.   For those who like savory, I found a recipe for an "easy" breakfast meat casserole, consisting of eggs, cheese, milk, tater tots, bacon and sausage.   For those who l like sweet, I found a recipe for an "easy" French Toast casserole, consisting of French bread, eggs, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon.

Since we're off Monday, I will prep and bake them tomorrow, and bring them to work on Tuesday, heating them with sternos and aluminum pans.

That is so nice of you, Chuck! Your coworkers are lucky to have you.  :D