Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680390 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15650 on: July 22, 2018, 11:18:09 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Usually I'm in bed by now, but since I'm out of work this week, I can stay up later that usual.  ;D

Friday was payday, and it was my paycheck with the overtime pay, I had an extra $250.00 in my deposit that week.

;D

That definitely made the overtime work worth it!

I do  have some plans for the week.   I need to get out and get some new shoes and sneakers.  I have some new sweatpants I need to get tailored.   I have to get the records I own inventoried.   I want to get rid of excess clothes I have, to make room for other things.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15651 on: July 23, 2018, 09:09:15 am »
Nice start to the week, Chuck!  :D

I don't usually think of sweatpants as getting tailored  :laugh:  because I associate tailoring with dressier garments. I take it they're too long or wide, though.

Hope it's a relaxing yet constructive week!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15652 on: July 23, 2018, 03:12:39 pm »
Nice start to the week, Chuck!  :D

I don't usually think of sweatpants as getting tailored  :laugh:  because I associate tailoring with dressier garments. I take it they're too long or wide, though.

Hope it's a relaxing yet constructive week!

Hello Katherine!

I'm not a tall person, so I often have to take pants of all kinds to the tailor to have them hemmed up.  I have three new pairs of sweats, but the ends are  not elastic, so they won't stay up by my ankle.  I have to have them hemmed up so I won't be stepping on them.

So far, today has been  both relaxing and productive.  ;D

I was able to sleep in until almost 10:00am (Usually up by 6) and catch up online with friends.

I was also able to get to the Sketchers store and get 2 new pairs of shoes and one new pair of sneakers.   Also did some cleaning around the apartment, and have three bags of garbage to take out for pick-up tomorrow.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15653 on: July 23, 2018, 04:00:05 pm »
I'm not a tall person, so I often have to take pants of all kinds to the tailor to have them hemmed up.  I have three new pairs of sweats, but the ends are  not elastic, so they won't stay up by my ankle.  I have to have them hemmed up so I won't be stepping on them.

Potentially this can happen with a number of different garments. When I was a kid, my mother often had to have the sleeves of my shirts shortened because if the shirt fit me in the body, the sleeves were usually too long because the sleeves were made proportional to the body.

This can still be an issue for me in suit jackets or sport coats: If the jacket fits me well in the body, often the sleeves are too long.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15654 on: July 23, 2018, 06:50:55 pm »
Yeah,  I've  had that experience as well, and I hate  it!  LOL    Sometimes I wish I could just get some stuff off the rack and wear it!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15655 on: July 24, 2018, 12:10:14 pm »
Hiya Bettermost friends!

Sleeping in feels so good!  ;D

I have lunch going in the oven, and once I'm done with it, I plan on going to my parents' place so I can get the inventory done on my vinyl records.  Not sure how long that will take, but hopefully not all afternoon.

After that, a walk in the park, and perhaps getting unwanted clothes out of my closet, to donate to the vets.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15656 on: July 25, 2018, 04:23:32 am »
really cool photos of Trent, he's really growing up fast. Your Mom and Dad are looking great !

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15657 on: July 25, 2018, 03:46:45 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Spent 4 hours at mom and dad's place yesterday, and got 350 records logged into an Excel spreadsheet.  I will go back and finish the rest tomorrow.

Later I'm spending time going through the closet to determine what I can get rid of, and actually get rid of it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15658 on: July 25, 2018, 03:54:55 pm »
really cool photos of Trent, he's really growing up fast. Your Mom and Dad are looking great !

Hiya Matthew!

Mom and Dad are doing great! 

Not long ago, the two of them, plus Mike, Michelle, Shana and Trent went to the Jersey Shore for some time together on the boardwalk.

Here's a pic of the great-grandparents and Trent at the aquarium.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15659 on: July 26, 2018, 02:23:16 am »
another nice photo, the board walk sounds a great place to go with Trent. I am sure they all had an awesome time