Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680043 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15820 on: November 10, 2018, 03:14:47 pm »
hello Bettermost Friends!

Weekend is here!  ;D

I will have a bit of a busy weekend.  Right now I'm relaxing, but I need to get the apartment cleaned, as my supervisor from work is coming over on Monday. 

We have a project we need to work on before we go on a trip to Rhode Island for a meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will get laundry done Sunday, pack a bag for the trip on Tuesday.

The week after, my coworker (Pamela) is away for a family trip to Tennessee for Thanksgiving, so I'll be handling all the work that week.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15821 on: November 11, 2018, 07:53:57 pm »

hello Bettermost Friends!

Sunday evening, and I've been busy!   My supervisor will be coming over tomorrow about 9:00, so we can go out and get our "NJ" stuff.  We're going to a business meeting in Rhode Island on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Groups from different states were asked to bring something that your state is known for, to put into goodie bags.

We are putting together brown paper lunch bags that will each have one Jersey apple, some blueberries, and a fresh Jersey bagel.

We originally thought it would be funny to put in the ingredients for a "typical" Jersey breakfast, which would've been a fresh Jersey bagel, and a package of pork roll/Taylor Ham.  After some thought, we realized the pork roll would need to be refrigerated, and may not be appetizing if left out all day without refrigeration, so we opted for the apple and blueberries.

Side benefit of Sacha coming here tomorrow for that, it means the apartment is very clean now!  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15822 on: November 12, 2018, 11:26:00 am »
We are putting together brown paper lunch bags that will each have one Jersey apple, some blueberries, and a fresh Jersey bagel.

Does a Jersey bagel differ from a NY bagel? When I lived in NYC I loved H & H bagels. They're the only bagels I'd ever eat untoasted.

The original H & H stores have closed since then and reopened under new ownership, so I don't know if they're still as good.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15823 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:53 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It was a busy day today!!!   I met with Sacha at 9:00, and we were off!  Drove to a farm to get the fresh picked apples, then to a supermarket that sells jumbo-sized blueberries, and then stopped at a deli to get lunch, and finally a bagel stop to grab 70 bagels.   

We had a quick lunch, and then spent the rest of the afternoon doing an assembly line, loading 70 brown lunch bags with one bagel, one apple, and one 8 oz cup of blueberries.

Sacha has just left for the day, and now it's time to relax a bit!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15824 on: November 12, 2018, 04:58:01 pm »
Does a Jersey bagel differ from a NY bagel? When I lived in NYC I loved H & H bagels. They're the only bagels I'd ever eat untoasted.

The original H & H stores have closed since then and reopened under new ownership, so I don't know if they're still as good.

To my knowledge, the only difference is the water used at the locations.  :laugh:

However, I've been told by people who left the state and come back that both pizza and bagels in other places "suck" compared to NJ and NY pizza and bagels.

here are some of the blueberries and bagels.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15825 on: November 12, 2018, 05:00:06 pm »
more bagels, and the apples.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15826 on: November 12, 2018, 05:17:54 pm »
Quite an operation! I hope you bought extra, so you could eat some!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15827 on: November 12, 2018, 05:32:23 pm »

To my knowledge, the only difference is the water used at the locations.  :laugh:

However, I've been told by people who left the state and come back that both pizza and bagels in other places "suck" compared to NJ and NY pizza and bagels.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Water+bagel

If you scroll down and check out the periodical references, one says something about a "true"water bagel not having any egg in the dough, but I can't vouch for that.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15828 on: November 12, 2018, 09:55:40 pm »

I think you'd get an argument about the pizza from both Chicago and Italy, but I don't think there's any question about the bagels.

They have bagel chains here that are OK, but they're no H & H. I can't vouch for any other bagels in either NY or NJ, but I assume they're superior.

If you scroll down and check out the periodical references, one says something about a "true"water bagel not having any egg in the dough, but I can't vouch for that.

Bagged bagels in the grocery store dairy case are specifically labeled "egg" as opposed to plain, so I assume the plain ones don't have egg. I prefer the egg ones, myself.

With cream cheese and lox. And maybe some capers, a squeeze of lemon and chopped hard-boiled egg.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15829 on: November 13, 2018, 11:17:37 am »

With cream cheese and lox. And maybe some capers, a squeeze of lemon and chopped hard-boiled egg.

You forgot chives!

EDelMar and I were only in New Jersey for a bit on my last trip but he insisted on dropping by a local bakery and picking up some cupcakes. I thought it strange because he had never expressed an interest in cupcakes before. I got a red velvet one. It was delicious.
"chewing gum and duct tape"