Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680894 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15870 on: December 12, 2018, 05:06:45 pm »
You may be the most loyal and conscientious adherent to holiday traditions and other festivities I know!

I didn't even get around to putting up the outside Christmas lights this year. It still might not be too late, but ...

I do have a Christmas tree standing in my living room but at the moment it's just plain, with neither lights nor ornaments.

I enjoy doing it!

In fact, when I got home from bowling, I realized that one of the light up decorations I put up in the windows had partially burnt out.  I went out today and got a replacement, and picked up a replacement for the one in the other window in case it burns out as well.   I got them at the same time,  when I first moved in the apartment, so they're about 6 years old.  For $14.99, I can't complain about them.  They lasted quite long.

It's not too late to put up lights outside, if you want to!  It's 13 days until Christmas....you can just put one or two strands of lights somewhere....in a shurb, or around your door, and you'll be done!

Chuck, I received your card! Thank you so much. It's a very classy design!!

Due to my grandson's birthday on December 1 and my son's birthday today, I'm always going to be playing catch-up for Christmas. I remember when people went out shopping for presents on Christmas Eve. Now, by December 10, it's considered "too late" and we're starting to see bare shelves.

I'm glad you like it, Lee!  :)

I ordered them online in November, and I just mailed out the last batch of cards today!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15871 on: December 12, 2018, 05:08:37 pm »
My father used to drag me to the mall on the morning of December 24 to find something for him to give my mother. I went along with it, but it annoyed me for sure!  :laugh:

But I really shouldn't laugh. In the pre-internet days, I didn't get into the spirit of shopping for Christmas gifts until much closer to the holiday. Now I tend to buy the few gifts I need to buy much farther ahead of time to insure I can get what I want.

Yes, you're right.  I've ordered stuff online later this year, and two times I've been contacted by the company, saying that items I've ordered are out of stock and won't be replenished until after Christmas.  I had to shop again and replace the items that were canceled from my orders.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15872 on: December 12, 2018, 10:11:09 pm »

Yes, you're right.  I've ordered stuff online later this year, and two times I've been contacted by the company, saying that items I've ordered are out of stock and won't be replenished until after Christmas.  I had to shop again and replace the items that were canceled from my orders.

My second cousin likes Starbuck's coffee (but I don't hold that against him  :laugh: ), so I decided I would get him and his wife a pound of Starbuck's Holiday Blend. I went into a Starbuck's on Saturday to get it, and I'm glad I did because they were almost out of the Holiday Blend.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15873 on: December 12, 2018, 11:57:05 pm »
It's not too late to put up lights outside, if you want to!  It's 13 days until Christmas....you can just put one or two strands of lights somewhere....in a shurb, or around your door, and you'll be done!

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. If weather permits this weekend, I might give it a shot.

I have some shrubs and small trees in lining the front of my house. What I usually do is take three main shrubs, put multicolored lights on the outer two and strands of blue and teal lights on the middle one. I plug them into a long extension cord that wraps around the house (because the outlet is in back) and has a light sensor to turn them on when it gets dark.

If I do it this year, I might just slack off and do one of the shrubs instead of three. But at least I'll be showing some holiday spirit!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15874 on: December 13, 2018, 09:50:52 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Today is my last day of vacation, back to work tomorrow for me.   Oh well, all good things come to an end.

I've finished about 90% of my holiday activities.  I just have to wrap gifts, make my cookies, and have a small holiday gathering.   The gifts will be done as they arrive.  Some have, and others are still out.   The cookie shopping was done today, and the baking process begins tomorrow.

The gathering is happening on Dec. 23rd, and will be about 6 or 7, including me.   I've decided to put out a mixed spread.  I'll be making potato skins, "pigs in a blanket", buffalo chicken dip, and buying veggies, cold cuts, some rolls, and sushi

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15875 on: December 13, 2018, 09:55:04 pm »
My second cousin likes Starbuck's coffee (but I don't hold that against him  :laugh: ), so I decided I would get him and his wife a pound of Starbuck's Holiday Blend. I went into a Starbuck's on Saturday to get it, and I'm glad I did because they were almost out of the Holiday Blend.

Sounds like good timing, Jeff.  I would assume that the Holiday Blend would be pretty popular at this time of year.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. If weather permits this weekend, I might give it a shot.

I have some shrubs and small trees in lining the front of my house. What I usually do is take three main shrubs, put multicolored lights on the outer two and strands of blue and teal lights on the middle one. I plug them into a long extension cord that wraps around the house (because the outlet is in back) and has a light sensor to turn them on when it gets dark.

If I do it this year, I might just slack off and do one of the shrubs instead of three. But at least I'll be showing some holiday spirit!

Sounds like a plan to me, Katy!   If you're not feeling really into it, just do the one shrub, and be done with it.  It won't take long, and as you said, you'll be showing some holiday spirit!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15876 on: December 13, 2018, 11:12:45 pm »
I've decided to put out a mixed spread.  I'll be making potato skins, "pigs in a blanket", buffalo chicken dip, and buying veggies, cold cuts, some rolls, and sushi

Do  you mind if I check airfare to NJ? I could bring my popular lox,-cream cheese with dill lemon onion caper tortilla rollups.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15877 on: December 15, 2018, 12:04:42 am »
LOL!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15878 on: December 16, 2018, 01:00:13 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

My goodness!

This weekend was the marathon baking session for cookies.  I'm taking some to work on Monday, and to bowling on Tuesday.   Mom is keeping some for herself, taking some to work, and giving some to a friend.

We made SO MANY cookies today, and we're still not done!!!   We're making one more batch of sugar cookies, and then corn flake wreathes. 

I got to mom's place at 10:00 in the morning, and we worked until 10:30 tonight!  I can't believe we didn't finish!   LOL

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15879 on: December 16, 2018, 11:29:39 am »
Wow, what a nice way to spend time with your mom! And get all those cookies out of it as a bonus.