Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8908308 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #1660 on: January 16, 2008, 09:39:30 am »
Hiya Jan, Shasta, and BBT!

The gym is within walking distance from my job, so that will save me a lot of time!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1661 on: January 16, 2008, 05:33:38 pm »
Afternoon, Chuck!

Let us know how the gym works out.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1662 on: January 16, 2008, 07:59:35 pm »
Good luck at the new gym, Chuck.  Hope you see lots of hotties.  That should keep you going back for more.   :P

One reason why I keep going back to my gym. I could work out for free in a little facility at work, instead of paying a huge annual gym fee, but at my gym I can work out surrounded by hunks and hotties of all ages. I can't say that about the work facility.  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1663 on: January 16, 2008, 08:07:41 pm »
Y'all are soooo funny.   Hotties and all!  I will admit that it is a side benefit.

;D

Well, the gym I had planned on going to was only a 5 minute walk away from work.  When I checked them out online, I realized they were there for the "upper crust" women in the area where I work.  No way I could afford their prices.

However, after searching a bit online, I found another gym, the next town over.  It's only a 5 minute drive (instead of walk) and when I register, I also get 3 meetings with a personal trainer who can help me set my goals, and set me up on an exercise program (cardio and weightlifting) to help me shed fat and gain muscle.

I'm going to stop by on Friday, after work.  Friday is payday, and I can sign up then and there, and start my gym schedule on Monday.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1664 on: January 16, 2008, 08:25:42 pm »
Well, it's time for another "Which Do You Like" comparison.

This time, it's two different versions, but the same style of music.

Wish ft. Fonda Rae - "Touch Me (All Night Long)"

In 1984, studio group Wish released the dance single "Touch Me (All Night Long)".  It was also selected to be on the soundtrack of and in the movie "Nightmare On Elm Street 2".  The song got major play in the clubs, and while it didn't cross over to the pop charts, it got to #5 on the Billboard Dance Music chart.  No video was ever made, but I did find a slideshow of images of the featured vocalist, Fonda Rae, set to the music.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo888gWsCI[/youtube]

Cathy Dennis - "Touch Me (All Night Long)"

Cathy Dennis also started her career as a featured vocalist, in the studio group "D-Mob".  Together they scored the hits "C'mon & Get My Love" and "That's The Way Of The World".  She went solo soon after, and recorded her debut cd, "Move To This".  The second single was Cathy's version of the Wish song.  However, there was some confusion with the title.  On the single, the song is called "Touch Me (All Night Long)", but on the CD it's called "All Night Long (Touch Me)".  Cathy also rewrote the lyrics to the song, but kept the chorus the same.  Her single crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100, where it reached #2.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G3BEJVYKnY[/youtube]

So which do you like better, Wish ft. Fonda Rae, or Cathy Dennis?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1665 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:59 pm »
And now, for a brief music lesson.

:laugh:

When I was in Virginia, my cabin mates had no (or little) idea of who The Jets were, and there I was, with none of their music.  I said I would put something on my blog about them, to help jog their memories.

Eighties teenyboppers the Jets came from an extremely large family (17 children overall) and were comprised of eight of the family's brothers and sisters — Leroy, Eddie, Eugene, Haini, Rudy, Kathi, Elizabeth, and Moana Wolfgramm (their parents originally emigrated to the U.S. from the South Pacific nation of Tonga, in 1965, but their offspring were raised in Minneapolis). From 1986 though 1990, the Jets enjoyed 10 dance-pop hits (tops being "Crush on You" and "You Got It All"), as well as several full-length albums, two of which obtained platinum certification.

Here is the first chart hit The Jets scored.  "Crush On You"

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohCvl3gEYlY[/youtube]

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1666 on: January 17, 2008, 01:55:44 am »

i like the one by Fonda Rae.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1667 on: January 17, 2008, 07:35:16 am »

Happy Thursday, BetterMost!!!!

Oh, stomach is growling now!  damn!  I've got time to go before I eat!  haahahaaa

So, is everyone ready for the weekend?  It's only a day away!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1668 on: January 17, 2008, 07:39:04 am »
:) Good morning, Mr. Chuck!! Thursday. I like it.
It's only a day away!

What a sunny, tomorrowish observation!  8)  :P  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1669 on: January 17, 2008, 07:49:52 am »