Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8905051 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17890 on: October 01, 2023, 09:20:18 pm »
Re: Burlington?

Once upon a time Burlington had a really nice store in an in-town shopping mall known as The Gallery that we had here. They had good stuff! I got lots of good dress-clothes-type things there. Hell, I got myself a Ralph Lauren suit there!

But then the store was moved to a different location in the mall, and the merchandise they began stocking in the local store is ... to put it both mildly and bluntly ... crap. I will not even set foot in the store.

Frankly, I am suspicious that the company deliberately dumps the shit-merchandise here because it's a center-city location and because of prejudice against the expected nature of the people who will shop there: lower income minorities.

I don't shop at Burlington at all, but Tina said that they had good Halloween home decor stuff, so I went.  I did manage to find a few things.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17891 on: October 04, 2023, 05:12:40 pm »
Is that same as Burlington Coat Factory or whatever it's called? I've never been there, partly because I've seen a couple of stores but both in weird locations far from other clothing stores. I've gathered I'm not missing much. But that might be a different entity than what you're talking about.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17892 on: October 04, 2023, 09:19:01 pm »
Is that same as Burlington Coat Factory or whatever it's called? I've never been there, partly because I've seen a couple of stores but both in weird locations far from other clothing stores. I've gathered I'm not missing much. But that might be a different entity than what you're talking about.

No, it's the same place. They just dropped the "Coat Factory" because they sell much more than coats. The older store here was for all intents and purposes a regular department store.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17893 on: October 04, 2023, 11:13:41 pm »
No, it's the same place. They just dropped the "Coat Factory" because they sell much more than coats. The older store here was for all intents and purposes a regular department store.

That's what I thought -- that for all intensive purposes it was a department store. (Just being annoying on the intensive; I'm not even sure I've ever heard anyone say that IRL but at this point it's such a famous mistake. An eggcorn, according to Merriam Webster, I just learned! https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/usage-for-all-intensive-purposes-intents Or maybe I've known that term for years because we've already talked about it? Who knows these days!)

And yeah, Hey Burlington, maybe don't locate yourself in semi-deserted unfashionable strip malls in areas people don't normally think of shopping for clothes?

In the closer malls to here, I've probably been in almost every store -- J. Crew, the Gap, Eddie Bauer or whatever -- literally dozens of times. And for many years of my life, I've lived within about 5 miles of a Burlington. Never even parked in front of it.

They need a better marketing team or sumpn'!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17894 on: October 05, 2023, 08:02:32 am »
In the closer malls to here, I've probably been in almost every store -- J. Crew, the Gap, Eddie Bauer or whatever -- literally dozens of times. And for many years of my life, I've lived within about 5 miles of a Burlington. Never even parked in front of it.

They need a better marketing team or sumpn'!

Around here from time to time we see TV commercials that make it look like a Penney's, say, or like a Sears did, back in the day.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17895 on: October 05, 2023, 05:33:36 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17896 on: October 06, 2023, 11:59:09 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Spooky Season is here!   ;D

I normally start October by watching the 1978 "Halloween".   However, that day I couldn't find it on TV.  Today (10/6) I decided to search On Demand, and found it, and am watching it now.

;D

Today, as of 5:00, I am on "Stay-Cation".  I don't have any plans, other than to get to a CVS on Wednesday, and get the new Covid vaccine.  I figure this way, if I get a reaction, I have until Monday to recover.

;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17897 on: October 07, 2023, 11:40:02 am »
Enjoy!

I'm on staycation next week, too. AND I'm going to try and get the COFID booster, also at CVS! I sure hope I don't have a reaction on my vacation, though! I'd rather have it on a workday because we get two special COVID days we can only use this year and I haven't used mine -- even when I actually had COVID in May. It only lasted two days and I wasn't very sick so I just worked them.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17898 on: October 09, 2023, 03:46:55 pm »
Happy bank holiday and happy staycations, you all!

I can't do a staycation...too much work!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17899 on: October 10, 2023, 11:11:03 am »
Just noticed that in my last post I wrote "COFID." Sorry, I actually meant COVFEFE.