Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8905945 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #18010 on: March 16, 2024, 06:18:31 pm »
I hope you're planning to do your word games as usual?!?!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #18011 on: March 17, 2024, 10:43:54 am »
I hope you're planning to do your word games as usual?!?!

of course I will!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #18012 on: March 17, 2024, 10:44:42 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #18013 on: March 17, 2024, 11:57:57 am »
I should have drunk Jameson's last night, but since the Usual Watering Hole actually had my Glenlivet, I figured I'd better drink it while they had it so they would keep having it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #18014 on: March 31, 2024, 09:30:15 am »

I hope everyone is doing well!

I'll be going over to my family's place later today for lunch, and then a quiet evening at home.

Work has been busy the past few days, I guess in anticipation of Easter, because Friday was pretty slow.

Speaking of work, my office is doing a fundraiser / donation drive to support a local homeless organization.  We've been accepting donations of food, new clothes, shoes, toiletries, and other items, for the month of March.   Next week we'll be doing the drop off.

A lot of bills came to me recently, so it's a good thing I held on to my bonus.   :laugh:   Car insurance, life insurance, renter's insurance, renew the car registration, on top of the usual monthly bills.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same over here!   I hope you can say the same!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18015 on: March 31, 2024, 04:31:39 pm »
I have lots of bright colored flowers this year! Good thing since I didn't have the chance to dye Easter eggs. We had a pop-up brunch at my daughter's house, eating lots of goodies, and then we threw the patio furniture cushions on the lawn and just sat in a big circle and visited. It was great! Now I'm back home and trying to coax my cat into eating. I stopped at the store on the way home. Everyone was bustling about just as if it were another day! It was so hard to find some fishy food for her that wasn't mixed with other things that cats don't eat, like cheese and vegetables. She won't touch that "giblets and gravy," "Captain's choice," or "mixed grill" either. She is a smart cat!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #18016 on: April 08, 2024, 02:43:04 pm »

How is everyone doing??

This is what I experienced on Friday with the "great NJ quake" hit on Friday.  LOL   I was in the basement working, and the door next to me, which leads to the backyard, started to shake.  I thought that large truck carrying heavy machinery drove up the street.  Nothing fell over or anything.  It wasn't until my phone started to blow up with texts that I realized it was an earthquake.

I did feel the one we had later in the day.  I was back at my apartment then, and the monitor on my computer desk started to shake, and I immediately thought,  "earthquake or aftershock".

and now today we have this...

I left the office earlier than usual, to get home.  No real intentions to watch the eclipse, however, I wasn't sure if there weould be a rush of traffic with people trying to get to places to view it, so I wanted to get home earlier than usual.

of course, I also wanted to be home in case the eclipse summoned the zombies.

Obviously, that's a joke, however, I've heard so much stuff about this eclipse, involving "the end times", "the rapture", and other general craziness.

I've also heard that the earthquake on Friday, and today's eclipse are linked, because the eclipse is happening on 4/8, and the earthquake on Friday was 4.8 on the scale.

::)

Some people have too much free time.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18017 on: April 08, 2024, 04:54:08 pm »
Mother Nature must have heard all your talk about "things are just the same" and days of "doing nothing" and decided to shake things up for  you a bit! Let's hope the excitement dies down a notch.

Instead of an earthquake, here we had high winds. It was odd how the wind decided to blow one chair cushion halfway across the yard while the others remained where they belong, and tipped one pot over while the others stayed where they were. On a greater scale, my trees only lost some minor twigs and branches while down the street a tree blew over onto a neighbor's roof! Mother Nature is such an enigma!

A friend called me from upper Vermont to check on how the eclipse was going and I had thought it would start an hour later. But I looked out the window and saw that unusual silvery duskiness in the air. Yup, the eclipse was happening. I called up my daughter and she had forgotten all about it. So I ran over there with my eclipse glasses. For crying out loud...children cooped up doing their schoolwork while science was happening on a grand scale right outside! I'm so glad I made them watch it...they were very impressed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18018 on: April 08, 2024, 05:20:14 pm »
Maybe the wind (Jack) was trying to push the teapot closer to the kettle.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #18019 on: April 09, 2024, 01:16:21 pm »
I tried to make a "viewer" out of a cereal box; a friend sent me the directions. It might have worked, but my aim at the sun was very poor. A never down the street came by with an extra pair of eclipse glasses, and he saved my eclipse experience. I read or heard somewhere that in our location we would have a 91% coverage, but it looked to me like more than 91% of the sun was covered. Even without full coverage, the light turned gray and there was distinctly a brief cool breeze.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.