Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8906056 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7570 on: January 21, 2010, 01:22:10 pm »
Chuck have you ever been to Ft. Lee, New Jersey?

And do you know a Mr. Richard Fader?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7571 on: January 21, 2010, 04:22:34 pm »
Chuck have you ever been to Ft. Lee, New Jersey?

??? ??? ???

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7572 on: January 21, 2010, 05:36:43 pm »
It's always SOMETHING!  

When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7573 on: January 21, 2010, 06:56:09 pm »

A Dick Fader?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7574 on: January 23, 2010, 01:31:07 am »

Hi Jackie!

I really miss our conversations.  The PMs and phone calls always made me laugh.  I will never forget that day.  I was watching the Dave Cullen forum very closely.  We had just lost Heath, and those closest to you were praying for you.

I stepped away to have lunch, and came back to find the message from Nellie that you had left us.

My cubicle at work is full of pics from the travels I've done due to Brokeback and this forum.  My coworkers know I'm a "Brokie" and just at that moment they came to my cube to tell me they were sorry about Heath.  I then told them about you, and had a mini break down.

I wanted to mourn for you properly, but I had a job to do.  I'm a mod on the "Fan" threads on DCF, and the Heathens were in shock and mourning so hard.  I was getting emails, PMs, Instant Messages, even phone calls in some cases.  I was needed, so I pushed aside my grief for you, and was there for them.

Oxford was coming, and a memorial service was planned.  Wayne surprised me by telling me how much you liked my poetry, and asked me to prepare a piece for your service.  I guessed that would be my time to grieve.  However, I hate public speaking (I'm sure you were watching me with a smirk on your face.  ;) ) and I was so focused on not messing up your service, that I got through it without incidence.

It was only after watching our movie, that it hit me, because you weren't there with us to see it.  I left before the credits ended, and walked outside for air.  Thankfully, some Brokies followed me.  That's where I had my breakdown.

I think of you every day, Jackie.  I have this picture on my dresser, and I see it each day when I wake, and when I get ready for bed.

And this one hangs on the wall of my cubicle at work.

Thank you for being there when I needed you, Jackie.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, for your kind heart, for your calming demeaner, and your shoulder and ear, whenever I needed them.

I hope I was able to return the favors for you.

You greeted me at the Texas BBQ, the Bay City gatheirng, some of the slash bashes, and the Colorado BBQ.  I know you'll be there to greet me at the gates when it's my time to cross over.

Love you.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #7575 on: January 23, 2010, 02:36:48 am »
I love you Chuck!
Hugs and tears for you here! :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

pnwDUDE

« Reply #7576 on: January 23, 2010, 02:49:49 am »
Chuck, thanks for that wonderful tribute to Jackie. She meant a lot to me. I will never forget the wonderful time we had when she visited Steve and I. Times before the politics and BS, and they were good. She reminds me of that. Thanks again.

Brad 

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #7577 on: January 23, 2010, 12:57:54 pm »
((( Chuck )))

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

« Reply #7578 on: January 23, 2010, 02:05:44 pm »
Hugs, Chuck
Sadly I never met Jackie in person but her messages to the forum and even one to me personally, as well as the response to her by people like yourself showed me what a lovely person she was.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7579 on: January 23, 2010, 02:36:56 pm »
Chuck, thanks for that wonderful tribute to Jackie. She meant a lot to me. I will never forget the wonderful time we had when she visited Steve and I. Times before the politics and BS, and they were good. She reminds me of that. Thanks again.

Brad 

Back Row:BradInBlue, Steve and Painted Shoes
Front Row:imennisshesjack & ImJackshesEnnis, RobInPuyallup and Trigger_Hippie.