Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738695 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #690 on: November 20, 2007, 03:18:01 pm »
Mom was a "dancing queen."

So that's where you got it from.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #691 on: November 20, 2007, 03:23:50 pm »
So that's where you got it from.  ;D

;)

all the good stuff, I got from mom.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #692 on: November 20, 2007, 05:56:45 pm »
Here's a poem that I just wrote while here in my cubicle.  Not sure what to call it.  Any suggestions?

Going gets rough, sometimes that's true
Lasts as long as you want it to
Always open hearted is how you should be
Don't close heart or mind, please let yourself see
You have something special, somehthing others wish for
Destroying a friendship, I can't comprehend
So hold on to what you have, a trustworthy friend

Hi, Chuck.  I should explain why I'm here:  I came over to look for Meryl's picture from the 11/3/07 NYC dinner, and decided to browse around some, and found your blog.  I've been reading it from the beginning ... such good poems, and other thoughts.  I admire the way you think, and the way you express your feelings -- you know that from what I've said elsewhere on DCF.

Hi also to Truman and Richard, Chucky's good buddies whom I met in SF:  you seem to hang out in this blog a lot.  And hi to Jeff and Karen, too.

"Making Up" might be a good title for that poem, if you're still looking for a title, but that's just an idea.

I'll probably come here and lurk, now that I found this place, and maybe find some other people's blogs, too.  Haven't really done much on BetterMost, but there are some nice people here.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #693 on: November 20, 2007, 06:07:43 pm »
Hi, Chuck.  I should explain why I'm here:  I came over to look for Meryl's picture from the 11/3/07 NYC dinner, and decided to browse around some, and found your blog.  I've been reading it from the beginning ... such good poems, and other thoughts.  I admire the way you think, and the way you express your feelings -- you know that from what I've said elsewhere on DCF.

Hi also to Truman and Richard, Chucky's good buddies whom I met in SF:  you seem to hang out in this blog a lot.  And hi to Jeff and Karen, too.

"Making Up" might be a good title for that poem, if you're still looking for a title, but that's just an idea.

I'll probably come here and lurk, now that I found this place, and maybe find some other people's blogs, too.  Haven't really done much on BetterMost, but there are some nice people here.

Hey!!!
Well, fancy meetin you here!!
What a great suprise!!
I really need to mosey over to DC more!
I miss my friends over there!
How have you been lately? Ready for thanksgiving?
Well, honey, you are as welcome as the flowers in May!
You come here anytime you want. My blog is Thoughts from the Clouds!
You come by anytime!  ;D
Richard
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline dejavu

« Reply #694 on: November 20, 2007, 06:28:29 pm »
Well, hi, Richard.  Nice to see you, too.  I'll check your blog out when I get a chance.

And now back to why I pressed the "Reply" key:  I came to this post of Chuck's.

Also spent some time reviewing some of the more serious blog entries in this section of the forum, and it has me thinking of when I was planning my own suicide.

It wasn't long after graduation from high school.  I was never the "big man on campus".  Hell, I wasn't even "man on campus".  Spent most of my time in school on the run from others who had made me a target.  I wasn't "out" but apparently, it was known (assumed) who I was, and I took a lot of verbal and physical abuse for it.  Everyone I knew was happy for graduation, to move on to the next phase of life.  I was happy to be away from them, and took a job at a local supermarket.

{snip}

After getting the top off the bottle, I thought of my parents finding me that way the next day, and couldn't do that to them.  I shredded the lyrics, and went to the bathroom and flushed the pills, telling myself that God doesn't give you more than you can bear.

20 years later, I look back remembering that I had no idea things would get better.  I remember that pain, and I'm quite surprised I am here to tell the tale.  It hurt like hell, then.  It was the darkest period of my life, and I hope to never be there again....

(((((((Chuck)))))))

This blows my mind, although it shouldn't, because suicide is so common among young gay people.  20 years later, all I can say to you is that I can't imagine you not being here today, and I'm so thankful (and grateful) that you came through that period in your life.  I don't think you'll ever have to be in a dark place like that again, because you have so many friends now who care about you.

:-*   

I do have one question, if it isn't too personal:  At the time when the other people were treating you so badly because they "assumed" you were gay (even though you weren't "out" to them) -- did you realize yourself that you were gay?  I seem to remember you mentioning how old you were when you "came out" to yourself, and it seems like it was fairly late, but I can't remember just when it was.

Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #695 on: November 20, 2007, 06:30:53 pm »
I came out at 28, Deb.  I was in denial.  deeply.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #696 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21:16 pm »
I came out at 28, Deb.  I was in denial.  deeply.

That was the age of my "Second Coming (out)," when I moved to Philadelphia. I faced facts to myself two years earlier, at 26.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #697 on: November 21, 2007, 07:53:09 am »

Good Morning  BetterMost!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Still in the thankful mode today, so here's some Clarence Clemmons and Jackson Browne for you all.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnO1awcBB0[/youtube]

Scott6373

« Reply #698 on: November 21, 2007, 08:37:48 am »
Morning Chuck

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #699 on: November 21, 2007, 09:03:44 am »
Morning Chuck

Morning, buddy!!   ;D