Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744554 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #700 on: November 21, 2007, 11:09:47 am »
I came out at 28, Deb.  I was in denial.  deeply.

Thanks for answering, Chuck.  I read your reply yesterday, but didn't answer it, but now I think I should acknowledge it.  I do remember the age of 28, from things you've said, but I thought maybe that was when you first began coming out to family/friends, and that you had come out to yourself earlier.

It must have been tough, going through that abuse in high school and at your first job, if you didn't fully understand yourself yet.  Not only did you survive, but you deserve a lot of credit for just sticking with that job.  It took guts.

Now for a happier topic:  Happy Thanksgiving, to you and to everyone who visits here today and tomorrow.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #701 on: November 21, 2007, 01:05:18 pm »
Hi, Chuck.  I should explain why I'm here:  I came over to look for Meryl's picture from the 11/3/07 NYC dinner, and decided to browse around some, and found your blog.  I've been reading it from the beginning ... such good poems, and other thoughts.  I admire the way you think, and the way you express your feelings -- you know that from what I've said elsewhere on DCF.

Hi also to Truman and Richard, Chucky's good buddies whom I met in SF:  you seem to hang out in this blog a lot.  And hi to Jeff and Karen, too.

"Making Up" might be a good title for that poem, if you're still looking for a title, but that's just an idea.

I'll probably come here and lurk, now that I found this place, and maybe find some other people's blogs, too.  Haven't really done much on BetterMost, but there are some nice people here.

I sure am glad to see you here. I thought I was seeing things when I saw your picture there. You didn't tell me hello  :'( but I am still glad to see you. Please come to Bettermost more often  ;)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #702 on: November 21, 2007, 01:09:10 pm »
And by the way my blog is "Jack's Ramblings" so please come by. I need more visitors or I will have to put out the "Going out of business" sign  ;D

Offline dejavu

« Reply #703 on: November 21, 2007, 01:50:40 pm »
You didn't tell me hello  :'( but I am still glad to see you. Please come to Bettermost more often  ;)

Hello, Jack.   ;)    :)

Now I told you hello, and I'll find your blog soon.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #704 on: November 22, 2007, 03:26:16 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving BetterMost!!!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #705 on: November 23, 2007, 07:09:01 am »
Good Morning  BetterMost!!!!

Happy Black Friday!

I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on AVOIDING all the stores this weekend.   :laugh:  Shopping is rough enough without all the crowds!

No poem today, but I have a music vid to attach here.  One of my favorite male vocalists, and someone I had no idea could sing.   Peter Cetera & Crystal Bernard.  For those who don't remember, Crystal Bernard is an actress.  She got her break as K.C. Cunningham on "Happy Days".  After that, she was cast as Amy Tompkins in "It's A Living".  Her best known role was on "Wings" as Helen Chapel, the woman who worked the lunch counter.

As you can see from this duet with Peter Cetera, she has a pretty voice!  Well, at least I think so.  ;D

(I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight

P.S. the ability to embed the vid was blocked by the person who posted the video, so I can only link it here.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #706 on: November 23, 2007, 09:35:24 am »
Good Morning  BetterMost!!!!

Happy Black Friday!

I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on AVOIDING all the stores this weekend.   :laugh:  Shopping is rough enough without all the crowds!

No poem today, but I have a music vid to attach here.  One of my favorite male vocalists, and someone I had no idea could sing.   Peter Cetera & Crystal Bernard.  For those who don't remember, Crystal Bernard is an actress.  She got her break as K.C. Cunningham on "Happy Days".  After that, she was cast as Amy Tompkins in "It's A Living".  Her best known role was on "Wings" as Helen Chapel, the woman who worked the lunch counter.

As you can see from this duet with Peter Cetera, she has a pretty voice!  Well, at least I think so.  ;D

(I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight

P.S. the ability to embed the vid was blocked by the person who posted the video, so I can only link it here.

good morning.
I would be shopping if I had any $$$$!
LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #707 on: November 23, 2007, 09:38:31 am »
I hear ya, I think I had Xmess all year long and spent the money on myself.  ;D

I think I'll do my shopping on line this year, and stay out of the stores, as much as possible.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #708 on: November 23, 2007, 09:47:21 am »
Good morning Chuck.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #709 on: November 23, 2007, 09:55:06 am »
Morning Chuck ...   Enjoy your Thanksgiving left overs.   :-*