Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8739477 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #1440 on: December 29, 2007, 02:42:28 pm »
I just wonder how well it really works. Like at the football game --- wouldn't he be able to hear what everyone else was saying-- the ones sitting between him and the huddle? That looks like it would be a big jumble of hearing a lot of people talking at once. That could get loud.

Try your dad's out and tell us how it works in a crowd, Jack!  ;D  Sometimes I think I need some kind of hearing help!!  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1441 on: December 29, 2007, 02:47:08 pm »
Good morning, Chuck!! I slept really late today -- almost 11:00. What are you going to do? I will probably stay at home. I was gone a lot yesterday. Saw "P.S. I Love You" with my best friend and her daughter. We laughed, we cried, I got choked on Jr. Mints, we loved it!!!  :P

I am babysitting my aunt's chihuahua and my cousin's Yorkie -- they've gone north to visit family.

We never travel together. If I'm gone -- my cousin takes care of my dogs. If she's gone, I take care of hers. In the past I have paid boarding kennels more than my trip cost.  :o

Happy Saturday, CD!!!!  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1442 on: December 29, 2007, 02:53:12 pm »
Okay Chuck, I am voting for the Rascal Flatts version because she runs after the truck.

(Well.....)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1443 on: December 29, 2007, 03:10:31 pm »
During my teen years and later -- when my youngest aunt and I ran around together, we had to compensate a lot for each other. I was legally blind in my right eye and she was totally deaf in her left ear. We always tried to situate ourselves so that I could best see and she could best hear! We still had a lot of fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1444 on: December 29, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
My grandpa was hard of hearing in his left ear.  I remember he would turn that ear towards us when we were talking, so he would hear us better.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1445 on: December 29, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »
Yes it does seem that if it worked it would pick up all the conversations that were going on alll around which would end up being a bunch of jumbled mess. It would kind of be like when more than one radio station is coming in at the same frequency. I remember once there were two radio stations here battling for the same frequency. One was supposed to go off the air, but the owners rebelled and kept theirs on too. In some parts of town people were picking up one station, in other parts the other station was coming in, and in lots of places both were coming in resulting in a big jumbled mess of noise. Also, it seems that if something like this worked law enforcement would have already jumped on it so they could listen in on people. The government would like it too. I will try and see if I can borrow my fathers to see what it does. I don't think his is the one they show on TV.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1446 on: December 29, 2007, 03:30:40 pm »
Shasta are you still legally blind in your right eye, that is if you don't mind me asking.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1447 on: December 29, 2007, 03:43:26 pm »
Shasta are you still legally blind in your right eye, that is if you don't mind me asking.

No. I had a cornea transplant and I can see great out of it!!  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1448 on: December 29, 2007, 04:01:51 pm »
Sorry if my statement seemed a bit sharp.  I just wanted to warn everyone that this thing is most likely a big waste of money.  But I agree with you Chuck, trying to sell it as an eavesdropping device is really cheesy.  Not only are they ripping people off, but they're appealing to base instincts while doing it.

Oh, no Gary, your statement didn't seem sharp at all.  No worries.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1449 on: December 29, 2007, 04:11:12 pm »
My grandpa was hard of hearing in his left ear.  I remember he would turn that ear towards us when we were talking, so he would hear us better.

Hunh? Why did he turn his bad ear toward you to hear you better? Why didn't he turn his good ear toward you to hear you better?  ???

Are you sure he really wasn't trying to not hear you better?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.