Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8739863 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14650 on: September 01, 2016, 11:28:27 am »
Just got a phonecall from mom, they've decided to release dad today, at 3:00.

Yay!  Good news.  Best wishes for your dad's recovery.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14651 on: September 01, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »
Glad to hear it!  :D

I hope he continues a speedy recovery.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14652 on: September 02, 2016, 01:35:51 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Happy Labor day weekend!

I have no plans, just to be at home and relax.  However, I have parties the next two weekends, so then I'll be busy.

bleh!   I need my rest time!   :laugh:

It's about 1:30 here, and we've been told we can leave at 3:00.  so far, that looks achievable.  I haven't  any phone calls or emails from clients since noon.  Perhaps they've all gone home.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14653 on: September 02, 2016, 03:40:21 pm »
Gosh, I'm just now hearing about your dad. Things happen fast in this neighborhood! I'm so glad to hear he's on the mend.

I just talked to our friend LauraGigs who's trying to decide between playing a gig in downtown Denver on Labor Day or going off to Wyoming for a quick weekend. Guess which one I told her to do?  ;)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14654 on: September 02, 2016, 08:58:00 pm »
Gee, I wonder which it was?

;)

I got to leave work at 3:00, so that worked out.  Spent the rest of the day doing some light cleaning, making dinner, and watching "scary tv".   "Alaska Hauntings" on the Destination America network.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14655 on: September 05, 2016, 11:59:19 am »
I just talked to our friend LauraGigs who's trying to decide between playing a gig in downtown Denver on Labor Day or going off to Wyoming for a quick weekend. Guess which one I told her to do?  ;)

I probably would have told her to play the gig and go to Wyoming when she doesn't have a gig. But I'm guessing you gave her the opposite advice!  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14656 on: September 05, 2016, 04:53:28 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Happy Labor day!

Friday night I did some cleaning,  Saturday was laundry and grocery shopping,  Sunday was lunch and visit with the family, today was a rest day. 

It also means it's a short work week, only 4 days.  very nice!

Dad continues to improve....he's up and walking around, and lifting two pound weights to strengthen his arms.   He has 2 or 3 more infusion treatments to go, and then he's done with that.  Last step, to have 18 staples removed.  He is not looking forward to that.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14657 on: September 06, 2016, 06:14:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Those first days back from an extended weekend are rough.

lol

Well, unofficially, summer is over.  We'll get back into the groove of work with September, and then events happen.  LOL   Nena's concert in NYC, Columbus Day, Halloween, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14658 on: September 06, 2016, 06:31:24 pm »
We thought winter was over but the forecast for this afternoon is high winds, falling temperatures and snow down to low levels. I am going to a meeting in the city this afternoon but will take my yaktraks in case. I put them away in the cupboard a few days ago.

Glad it wasn't last night as I had a ticket for a show "Oh What a Night", a tribute group to Franki Valli and Four Seasons  from Las Vegas. Now I am playing their songs on Youtube. I saw "Jersey Boys" in London in 2011.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14659 on: September 08, 2016, 12:20:52 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Oh my....if you're on a date with someone who stares at their phone more than you, it's time for a new  date.

:laugh:

My Saturday is going to be busier than I thought!  LOL   I have a BBQ that starts at 1(ish) and goes  until about 7 or 8.  I (however) have to leave at 5 because I'm meeting grade school friends at the Colorado Cafe at 7.

I'll be dragging my butt on Sunday.  LOL