Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735700 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14750 on: December 29, 2016, 11:44:43 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

currently at work, but it's a skeleton crew for this time of year.   Almost no traffic coming in, and I'm hoping to leave early today, but we'll see.

I'll peek in later and let ya know if I'm trapped until 4:30 or not.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14751 on: January 23, 2017, 05:24:49 pm »

Remember you today Jackie!  I hope you're looking down on us and laughing at our antics.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:35:32 pm by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14752 on: January 24, 2017, 03:08:39 pm »
Well Hello BetterMostians!

:)

whew, things have been busy between work and me getting the stomach bug that's going around.

Not fun.

I kept it off Facebook, because had I put it there, I would've had mom at my door with meds and chicken soup.

:laugh:

Yes, I get she would be trying to help, but when I'm sick, I just want to be left alone either in bed or on the couch.

Things seem to be getting back to an even keel, and my computer is once again accessing Bettermost at work, so I should be here more regularly now.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14753 on: January 24, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »
We missed you, Chuck!! Those pesky mothers!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14754 on: January 24, 2017, 05:05:47 pm »
When I had Norovirus just before New Year's, I would have given ANYTHING if my mother could have still been around to take care of me, make sure I didn't get dehydrated from ... being sick, etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:56:32 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14755 on: January 25, 2017, 12:00:29 pm »

Well Hello BetterMostians!

Happy hump day to you all!   

I think this coming weekend the family is supposed to be getting together for missed birthdays in January.  While I was sick, my family was sick too.  lol  Everyone appears to be back and able to hang out, so I think this weekend is a "go".

The US figure skating National Championships were last weekend, and I really enjoyed watching them,  it's been a few years since they were aired on TV all in the same weekend.   Our world team has been named, and the US World Figure Skating Championships will air on the last weekend of March.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14756 on: January 25, 2017, 12:11:39 pm »
We missed you, Chuck!! Those pesky mothers!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I had Norovirus just before New Year's, I would have given ANYTHING if my mother could have still been around to take care of me, make sure I didn't get dehydrated from ... being sick, etc.

Perhaps I should clarify, especially since I know "you don't know what you've got till it's gone."

I love my mom, but after living with her for 40 some odd years  (43??) I appreciate my privacy.

I still have a key to mom & dad's place, so to be fair, I gave them a spare to my apartment, in case of emergency.

After moving out, I was still having to contend with mom doing my grocery shopping, offering to do laundry,  preparing meals, and other things I was enjoying doing on my own.

I found out mom had been letting herself into my apartment, just to make sure all was "Ok".  She had gone through my mail.  It was at that point I sat her down and told her that by law, my landlord had to give me two days advance notice before coming into my apartment, that they can't just let themselves in at any time, and that goes for her as well.

LOL

I told her if she continued, I'd be forced to take my key back.  She stopped immediately.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14757 on: January 25, 2017, 01:19:54 pm »
Oh, I got a few scratch off tickets for my bday from the bowling league, I just won $20.00!

;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14758 on: January 25, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »
Oh, I got a few scratch off tickets for my bday from the bowling league, I just won $20.00!

;D

Are you going to invest that in more tickets?  ;D

My dad did that once and ended up the $200.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

Message to BetterMost members!!
« Reply #14759 on: January 28, 2017, 09:18:14 pm »
Hiya Bettermost members!

Most of you all know our member Debbie (Deja Vu) who posts here and on DCF. 

Her mother lives in Colorado, and lately her health has not been as well as in the past, so Debbie had been taking trips back and forth between her home in Pa. and Colorado to care for her mom, and help look after the house/property.

Debbie has a brother who lives out-of-state and not able to help, and a sister who lives in Colorado, but had just overcome some of her own health issues, so most (if not all) of the work was falling to Debbie.

Debbie went back to Colorado in September, with plans to stay until the beginning of March.

I received a text from Debbie early this morning.  Her mother's health had continued to deteriorate, and this morning she passed away, peacefully.

That is all the details I have at the moment.  Should Debbie opt to share more information, I will pass it along.