Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8862381 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14850 on: February 23, 2017, 12:06:16 pm »
Yeah, I agree with you on that!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14851 on: February 23, 2017, 12:34:08 pm »
I remember years ago, on a Thanksgiving week when we had Thursday and Friday off, somebody mentioned that Tuesday was simultaneously Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday -- the second day, the middle day, and the second-to-last day of the week.

Three-day weekends with Mondays off are much better, IMO, than with Fridays off. You have a long weekend, but then a short week to look forward to. Whereas the other way you enjoy the short week, then the long weekend, then it's back to the grind. Ugh.

Yeah, I agree with you on that!

I agree with you both.

One thing I sort-of hate about this time of year is that now that Presidents' Day is past, we have no more holidays until Memorial Day. If you want a holiday in the spring--say, at Easter time, whether or not you observe the religious holiday--you have to use leave time.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14852 on: February 23, 2017, 02:35:27 pm »
Yeah, we feel the same way at the bank.   We start off with two holidays in January, and one in Feb, then a stretch until May.  Then July, Sept, October, two in November, and December.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14853 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:49 pm »
Then you should all be very sorry for poor little us.

We have no holidays at all between Midsummer (24 June) and Xmas (24 Dec)!!!!!   :o :o >:( >:(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14854 on: February 23, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »

We have no holidays at all between Midsummer (24 June) and Xmas (24 Dec)!!!!!   :o :o >:( >:(

Why should we feel sorry for the people who inflicted Ikea on an unsuspecting world?  ;D  ;)

That is awful. No legal holiday from Midsummer Day to Christmas? How do you all stand it?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14855 on: February 24, 2017, 01:18:46 pm »

I do not feel sorry for Europeans for their lack of time off. So, OK, fewer official holidays. How many vacation days does the average person get?

Last time I checked (I'm not sure I checked Sweden specifically, but still) ... most people got at least four weeks off.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14856 on: February 24, 2017, 02:07:42 pm »
I do not feel sorry for Europeans for their lack of time off. So, OK, fewer official holidays. How many vacation days does the average person get?

Last time I checked (I'm not sure I checked Sweden specifically, but still) ... most people got at least four weeks off.

Both Australia and New Zealand get 4 weeks annual vacation but many people are now casuals and do not get that although they should get paid more to compensate.

In NZ for Public Holidays we get 2 days January, 1 day February, usually 3 days April (unless the 2 days for Easter are in March),  1 day in June, 1 day in October then 2 days at Christmas. Each region gets another day (here in Otago it is March)
However holidays mean little to me. I have not done a day's paid work since 2009.  ;D
All my working life as a teacher I got about 11 weeks holiday per year but that included all the public holidays. However I worked long hours in lesson preparation during term time.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14857 on: February 24, 2017, 02:31:20 pm »
Why should we feel sorry for the people who inflicted Ikea on an unsuspecting world?  ;D  ;)

It's very clear to me that you have yet to discover the many blessings of IKEA!
Modern life is impossible without a visit to IKEA at least every two or three years! 8)

That is awful. No legal holiday from Midsummer Day to Christmas? How do you all stand it?  ???

We don't. That's why we're all depressed from October to around February every year. All of us!!
Our only relief is a trip to IKEA now and then.    ;D ::)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14858 on: February 24, 2017, 02:37:58 pm »

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in Sweden everyone gets 25 vacation days a year by law, given that you work a full year.
Depending on your employer and your collective labor agreement, some people get more. I work in public health care, and I got 6 extra days when I turned 40, and another extra day when I turned 50. So I now have 32 days a year, which is maximum for me. No more extra days when I turn 60  :'(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14859 on: February 24, 2017, 02:38:07 pm »
It's very clear to me that you have yet to discover the many blessings of IKEA!
Modern life is impossible without a visit to IKEA at least every two or three years! 8)

Brainwashing. Clearly brainwashing. ...