Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745123 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15130 on: October 27, 2017, 04:28:55 pm »
I'm sure he'll be wearing his pearls.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15131 on: October 27, 2017, 11:00:30 pm »
Regarding  the parties, I'm going as Tom Hanks' character from A League of Their Own - Jimmy Dugan.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15132 on: October 27, 2017, 11:07:29 pm »
What are you making? It just occurred to me this morning that my work is having a pot-luck lunch on Tuesday, and I'll either have to come up with something or stay home that day.

I'm making a Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole.

https://lilluna.com/cheesy-chicken-alfredo-casserole/

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15133 on: October 27, 2017, 11:17:03 pm »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15134 on: October 28, 2017, 10:22:44 am »
Here's something I just made yesterday evening for the first time, shrimp and grits. It was fast and easy. Frozen shrimp is finally becoming affordable again. I paired it with a salad of arugula and cherry tomatoes from my garden and baby corn. The chives and lemon juice were also from my garden.
https://chefsavvy.com/creamy-shrimp-grits/

I love shrimp and grits and have been thinking of making some myself. I bought grits at the store the other day for this very purpose. I was thinking of waiting until fresh shrimp goes on sale. Was the frozen good? What brand?

I also love garden arugula and wish I still had some. Unfortunately, we (my ex-husband did most of the planting) grew only one batch of it. We should have reseeded! It was the most delicious arugula I've ever had, aside from last summer's garden arugula. I've pretty much sworn off buying the stuff in store clamshells -- my last several boxes have gone bad long before their due date.

I'm making a Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole.
https://lilluna.com/cheesy-chicken-alfredo-casserole/

Chuck, that casserole sounds delicious! Only in Minnesota, we'd call it "hot dish."

I'm not sure what to do about our work pot luck. One of the problems is I don't want to wear a costume, but I also don't want to be the boring person who doesn't get into the spirit of the holiday.

I only go into that job twice a week and I can generally pick my days, so I don't have to go that day.

Still deciding ...

The invitation says "bring some scary food (or just food)." I saw a recipe for deviled eggs with spiders on them You make the deviled eggs, then you cut kalamata olives into a spider body, head and legs. That sounds like waaaayyyy too much trouble. Actually, deviled eggs always seem like too much trouble, though I love them. Actually, cooking period is seeming more and more like too much trouble.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #15135 on: October 29, 2017, 03:43:47 am »
Can't you just go the easy way with the scary food? Cook some regular casserole food, then put saran wrap over the casserole and on top you put the biggest, ugliest plastic spider (or zombie hand, or....) you can find in a store. That way it looks nice and scary as long as the buffet is not opened. Once the food is available, nobody cares anyway :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15136 on: October 29, 2017, 11:39:34 am »
Can't you just go the easy way with the scary food? Cook some regular casserole food, then put saran wrap over the casserole and on top you put the biggest, ugliest plastic spider (or zombie hand, or....) you can find in a store. That way it looks nice and scary as long as the buffet is not opened. Once the food is available, nobody cares anyway :laugh:

That's a good idea. Better than cutting kalamata olives into tiny little spiders' legs, for sure!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15137 on: October 29, 2017, 10:18:11 pm »

that's what my friend and I did to her sisters cake for the Halloween party.

She made a spice cake, and we cut it up and put bats, spiders and eyeballs on it.   LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15138 on: October 29, 2017, 10:19:34 pm »
I am glad that I got everything done yesterday.   Today was windy and rainy all day.  I would not have wanted to carry groceries  and laundry through it!

I pretty much stayed in the apartment all day, nice and dry!   :)

I did order my holiday cards, and did some  online Christmas shopping.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15139 on: October 30, 2017, 12:20:05 am »
I love shrimp and grits and have been thinking of making some myself. I bought grits at the store the other day for this very purpose. I was thinking of waiting until fresh shrimp goes on sale. Was the frozen good? What brand?
I thought the frozen shrimp was even better than fresh. When fresh shrimp goes on sale, you can bet it's not all that fresh.  Don't remember the brand.

I'm not sure what to do about our work pot luck. One of the problems is I don't want to wear a costume, but I also don't want to be the boring person who doesn't get into the spirit of the holiday.
I have a witches hat that I get out every year. It makes a statement and all you have to do is wear regular black clothes. I'm thinking of being a fancy witch this year and wearing a black cocktail dress that I have, mostly because I probably will have no other opportunity to wear that dress. Broom optional.

The invitation says "bring some scary food (or just food)." I saw a recipe for deviled eggs with spiders on them You make the deviled eggs, then you cut kalamata olives into a spider body, head and legs. That sounds like waaaayyyy too much trouble. Actually, deviled eggs always seem like too much trouble, though I love them. Actually, cooking period is seeming more and more like too much trouble.
I hear you, friend! You can actually get deviled eggs at the store nowadays. It's usually $10 or $12 for 24. But I think it's still too much trouble because people eat a half egg in one bite. $10 for 24 bites of food? It doesn't go far enough for my taste.
"chewing gum and duct tape"