Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8862636 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15440 on: March 17, 2018, 12:35:13 pm »
My latest idea to make it look better was to get a heavy table cloth in a pattern I liked that would match the colors in my living room.  I found a tablecloth in a wood pattern that is a nice, sturdy material.

I ordered some pinking shears so I can cut it down to size, and then just cover the top.  I made sure the cloth is 'oversized' so I would get one (or more) replacements so when the initial covering gets worn,  I can replace it with a new one.  I also got two cloths, so I can have somewhere between 4 to 6 coverings all together.  Here is what the new tablecloth looks like, but it hasn't been sized yet.

I cut it down with pinking shears, and attached it to the top with thumbtacks, so I can remove it easily.

Here is what it looks like.  Not perfect, but better than before.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15441 on: March 17, 2018, 12:40:14 pm »
Yeah, I actually like Jameson's better than Guinness. Also better than scotch, which is one of the few spirits I dislike.  :P

I would be tempted to drink Jameson's tonight, except that when I walk into the Usual Watering Hole, Trevor, the hot young blond bartender, has my Glen Livet and soda on the bar before I even ask for it. If he's got the drink already made, I feel I can't very well say that I don't want it and want something else instead.

I'm told by a reliable source that it's the mark of a good bartender to know what his "regulars" drink without having to ask what they want. so that means there's nothing special about me, but it still makes me feel a little special.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15442 on: March 17, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »
My latest idea to make it look better was to get a heavy table cloth in a pattern I liked that would match the colors in my living room.  I found a tablecloth in a wood pattern that is a nice, sturdy material.

I ordered some pinking shears so I can cut it down to size, and then just cover the top.  I made sure the cloth is 'oversized' so I would get one (or more) replacements so when the initial covering gets worn,  I can replace it with a new one.  I also got two cloths, so I can have somewhere between 4 to 6 coverings all together.  Here is what the new tablecloth looks like, but it hasn't been sized yet.

I cut it down with pinking shears, and attached it to the top with thumbtacks, so I can remove it easily.

Here is what it looks like.  Not perfect, but better than before.

Interesting pattern of cloth, but to me the whole thing looks like a "coffin" table with a pall over it. ...

;D  :-*

But that's alright. Abbie the genius lab tech on N.C.I.S. sleeps in a coffin. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #15443 on: March 17, 2018, 12:54:12 pm »
Interesting pattern of cloth, but to me the whole thing looks like a "coffin" table with a pall over it. ...

;D  :-*

I guess that fits for a zombie fan.   :laugh:

The only person who could use that as a coffin would be a little person.   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15444 on: March 17, 2018, 12:57:40 pm »

I guess that fits for a zombie fan.   :laugh:

I forgot about that!  :laugh:  :-*

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15445 on: March 18, 2018, 11:04:15 am »
I would be tempted to drink Jameson's tonight, except that when I walk into the Usual Watering Hole, Trevor, the hot young blond bartender, has my Glen Livet and soda on the bar before I even ask for it. If he's got the drink already made, I feel I can't very well say that I don't want it and want something else instead.

I'm told by a reliable source that it's the mark of a good bartender to know what his "regulars" drink without having to ask what they want. so that means there's nothing special about me, but it still makes me feel a little special.

It's like Cheers for you!  :D

If I had a Cheers, the bartender couldn't do that, because when I go into bars I get different things different times. I like alcohol in most forms: beer, wine, spirits. Except scotch. And I'm not crazy about gin, though I can handle the occasional gin martini. And I don't like anything mixed with a sugary soft drink (e.g., rum and Coke), though an occasional margarita is nice.

Other than that, I'm easy to please, and tend to switch around depending on my mood and the time of year.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15446 on: March 18, 2018, 01:45:59 pm »
It's like Cheers for you!  :D

If I had a Cheers, the bartender couldn't do that, because when I go into bars I get different things different times. I like alcohol in most forms: beer, wine, spirits. Except scotch. And I'm not crazy about gin, though I can handle the occasional gin martini. And I don't like anything mixed with a sugary soft drink (e.g., rum and Coke), though an occasional margarita is nice.

Other than that, I'm easy to please, and tend to switch around depending on my mood and the time of year.

It happened again last night!  ;D

I stick with scotch because I know how it will affect me, and, perhaps more importantly, how it won't affect me.

I can take a gin and tonic (with lime) on a hot summer Sunday afternoon, but that's it.

I got started on rum and Coke, so. ...

Jack (Daniels) and Coke is OK, too, not just what I'd drink regularly. That's something I would make for myself at home. Same with a rum and Coke.

I won't touch tequila for anything. I've heard too many horror stories. ...

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #15447 on: March 18, 2018, 05:59:30 pm »
It happened again last night!  ;D

The bartender knows you well!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #15448 on: March 18, 2018, 06:02:00 pm »
I won't touch tequila for anything. I've heard too many horror stories. ...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15449 on: March 18, 2018, 06:40:11 pm »
Haha! For all mixed drinks and spirits, I just have one. I'm kind of a wino, professionally so, since three wineries are my clients. I can drink a beer, but usually only in high summer. And I can drink hard cider, but usually only pear cider. Apple cider upsets my stomach. Among hard spirits, the only thing I can drink is gin, and then only one.

My daughter is an amateur mixologist and has created some amazing drinks but since she's pregnant again, she's not doing much of that.

Rodney's was as close as they come to Cheers, and it is closed and torn down (boohoo).
"chewing gum and duct tape"