Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733555 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15590 on: June 07, 2018, 01:35:23 am »
Not a lot, probably about a cm. At 8.30am the bus company put on the website that buses were terminating at the bottom of the hill. I kept checking but no update. Just after 12.30, I rang and the girl told me all buses were running normally. I said well update the webpage and ran for a quick shower then with my hiking stick headed for the bus stop. I had to walk down the middle of the road but no traffic. Just caught the bus. at 1.05pm There was no snow in town so paid the money and did not stay for the meeting but went to a cafe for a sausage roll and coffee then caught the bus back so only away an hour and a half. Have sent bus company an email of complaint, no reply yet.
All gone when I got up this morning. Yesterday was my garbage day (we have 2 companies and the other company collected the day before). The bin was not emptied but I left it out and the truck has just come at 5pm today, about 28 hours late. I know I chose to buy a house above the regular snow line but it can be a hassle.
Fingers crossed no snow on July 30 when I leave for Sydney then on to Paris.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15591 on: June 07, 2018, 05:44:35 pm »
It will be interesting to see if you get a reply to that email.   What's the purpose of having a website if it's not going to be updated with current news?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15592 on: June 07, 2018, 05:46:34 pm »
Good evening Bettermost Friends!

;D

Bright, sunny day here.  The apartment is getting warm now, as the setting sun is hitting my windows, but it's still cool outside, so I refuse to turn on the A/C.   :laugh:

fans are on, and the apartment should cool off shortly.

Tomorrow is Friday, and pay day, so it's a good day to go to work.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15593 on: June 08, 2018, 06:24:38 pm »
TGIF Bettermost friends!

;D

Friday and pay day for me, and I am a happy person because of both!  LOL

Have to do laundry tomorrow instead of Sunday.  My bowling league is having their season-end banquet on Sunday during the afternoon, so I can't do laundry then.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15594 on: June 10, 2018, 05:16:19 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

;D

Did my laundry last night, as today was my bowling league's end of season banquet.   My team ended the season in 11th place (out of 20 teams) and we ended up with $185.00 each in prize money.

There was also another title we won, and we each got another $75.00 apiece, so I came home with an extra $260.00.  ;D

I get to sleep in a little tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment to go to in the morning at 9:00, and then I'll go to work afterwards.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15595 on: June 10, 2018, 06:54:26 pm »

I get to sleep in a little tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment to go to in the morning at 9:00, and then I'll go to work afterwards.

Monday, June 11, must be Dentist Day.  ;D  I go in the afternoon, so I'm taking the afternoon off.

Our Pride Parade got rained on today. I was eating brunch at the Usual Watering Hole (I've done my share of Pride Parades), and then the rain started. Everything is dry, now, but the sky is overcast and very dreary.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15596 on: June 13, 2018, 06:06:13 pm »

;D

Happy Hump day!

Work has been getting busy, but all is going along well, and I've been able to leave each day on time, and with everything done.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15597 on: June 13, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »
Monday, June 11, must be Dentist Day.  ;D  I go in the afternoon, so I'm taking the afternoon off.

Our Pride Parade got rained on today. I was eating brunch at the Usual Watering Hole (I've done my share of Pride Parades), and then the rain started. Everything is dry, now, but the sky is overcast and very dreary.

Sorry to hear  that Pride got a shower!   Hope the dental visit went well.  Mine went ok, and now the teeth are back to 100%  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15598 on: June 14, 2018, 05:37:59 pm »

Father's Day is coming up, does anyone have plans this weekend, Father's Day related or not?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15599 on: June 15, 2018, 07:40:51 pm »
TGIF!

I got a phone call today that my family is celebrating Father's Day next week.  Next Saturday is Trent's graduation from his pre-school, so since we're getting together that weekend, we'll celebrate Father's Day the same time.