Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680783 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15630 on: July 01, 2018, 05:21:08 pm »
I really don't enjoy being outdoors when it's that hot/humid.  I don't feel comfortable at all!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15631 on: July 05, 2018, 06:28:54 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

;D

It was nice having a day off in the middle of the week!  Tomorrow is pay day and Friday!

Have no plans this weekend, so it should be a quiet one for me!   Next week at work will be busy!  We have meetings going on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I think tomorrow will be a late night at work, to make sure we are prepped for Monday!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15632 on: July 07, 2018, 04:49:13 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

After having to use the A/C on a daily basis, We have a break today!   The heat isn't too bad, and there is no humidity!  I am able to turn the A/C off and open the windows and let some fresh air into the apartment.

Went outside for a bit, and then  did my grocery shopping, so that chore is now done!

Even managed to find a small guest in the place (a spider) and get him onto an envelop and transfer him to the outside windowsill.  I watched him run off and down the end of the sill, so he's out of my place now.  Some bugs always find a quick end in my place (wasps, hornets, centipedes) but I try to save spiders, as they get rid of other pests.   As long as they aren't too big/fast, I will catch them and put them out.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15633 on: July 07, 2018, 10:00:19 pm »
I'm with you, Chuck1 I keep a "bug jar" at the ready to re-home critters that crawl or otherwise relocate themselves inside!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15634 on: July 07, 2018, 11:04:08 pm »
I've seen some devices that supposedly will capture a bug, and then release it outside.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15635 on: July 08, 2018, 10:25:39 am »
Even managed to find a small guest in the place (a spider) and get him onto an envelop and transfer him to the outside windowsill.  I watched him run off and down the end of the sill, so he's out of my place now.  Some bugs always find a quick end in my place (wasps, hornets, centipedes) but I try to save spiders, as they get rid of other pests.   As long as they aren't too big/fast, I will catch them and put them out.

I leave spiders alone unless they're really big, which they're usually not. I just watched a small one crawl across my bathtub.

Wasps, hornets and bees I would try to let out if I could do it safely (if they were up against a window and I could just open it or something). Centipedes gross me out too much to do anything about them. I just watch in horror as they crawl away to wherever they're going next.

The other night I found a Junebug trapped inside a window. My son grabbed it and put it outside.

At least in Minnesota we don't really have cockroaches. Don't get me started on the cockroaches in New Orleans. I'll say only this: Some people keep geckos roaming free in their homes specifically to eat the cockroaches. That seems like an OK idea if you don't mind the thought of going into your dark bathroom some night, reaching for the light switch, and having your hand come down on a gecko.

A few months ago the New Yorker ran a terrifying story about stinkbugs. It began with this couple who went into their bedroom one night and found every single surface covered with stinkbugs. Apparently they're invading the entire country. Hopefully the "every single surface" scenario will be a rarity.

Then of course there's my other bug terror ... bedbugs.

Mosquitoes I kill with a clean conscience. That's just self defense.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15636 on: July 08, 2018, 07:24:41 pm »
Mosquitoes I kill with a clean conscience. That's just self defense.

:laugh:

Spiders get a reprieve from me.  Mosquitoes are on the kill list, as are wasps, hornets and yellow jackets.  The only time they get out is if they are on the screen, and I can safely raise the screen and lower the window.  I then tap on the window until they fly off.

If bees were to get into the apartment, I would do my best to get them out without killing them.

Have not encountered cockroaches. thankfully!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15637 on: July 09, 2018, 11:09:40 pm »
Ugh!

I worked 5 hours later than I usually do, and I'm tired!

I will probably have to do it tomorrow too!   Should make for a good overtime paycheck!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #15638 on: July 10, 2018, 01:55:18 pm »
5 hours!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Make sure they pay you well!!! Or, give you an extra day off instead.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15639 on: July 10, 2018, 09:04:37 pm »
I worked another 4 hours overtime today.  Oh, trust me Sonja, I'll be paid!