Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8737996 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15700 on: August 18, 2018, 11:21:10 am »
:laugh:  Most people want it to last at least a little while.  ;D

Dirty minds think alike!  ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15701 on: August 18, 2018, 02:27:00 pm »
Thanks for clearing up the mystery, Chuck!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15702 on: August 18, 2018, 04:26:08 pm »
You're welcome!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15703 on: August 18, 2018, 04:32:12 pm »

So, is anyone doing anything interesting today?

Mom called me and told  me that her and dad's dryer has crapped out, so that means I'm doing laundry today instead of tomorrow.   First load is in the dryer now, and the next load is in the washer.

I also picked up my groceries today, and loaded them away.   I was working from home on Tuesday, so the apartment got cleaned that day, so I don't need to worry about that.

Mom and Dad also have Trenton visiting for his first overnight stay.  He's staying with mom and dad tonight, tomorrow night, and going home on Monday.   They are going to taking him to an amusement park tomorrow.  I will spend part of the day tomorrow doing cooking, so I have meals done for the week.   

I tried something new today,  mashed cauliflower.  It was pretty tasty, but it made the kitchen smell like cooked cauliflower.  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15704 on: August 19, 2018, 09:42:28 am »
I will spend part of the day tomorrow doing cooking, so I have meals done for the week. 

What do you make? One big thing that will last several days, or several smaller things, or ...?

I tried something new today,  mashed cauliflower.  It was pretty tasty, but it made the kitchen smell like cooked cauliflower.  :laugh:

I made that quite a bit in my low-carb days. When I eased up on my carb restrictions, I started throwing one small-to-medium potato in with a head of cauliflower to give it a little more body. Or as a compromise I might use a turnip, which is about midway between the two in starchiness.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15705 on: August 19, 2018, 11:32:13 am »
What do you make? One big thing that will last several days, or several smaller things, or ...?

I tend to make a bunch of stuff that will get me through the week.  Example, today I'll make a bunch of meatballs.  I'll be able to use them in a sandwich or two, plus with a batch of ravioli.  I'll have enough ravioli for two meals, and I'll put some of the meatballs with them.

I also have some frozen meats from Omaha Steaks.  I'll cook up today two filet mignon and serve them with the mashed cauliflower.  I also have some brown rice I can make.  I am also thawing two hamburger patties to make and serve with the rice.

Lastly, I have some frozen chicken fried steak and I'll make one of them.

I also have some pre-cooked grilled chicken, which I'll mix into some salads.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15706 on: August 19, 2018, 02:20:06 pm »
I often get rotisserie chickens and can get at least four meals out of them -- two from the wings, thighs and legs; one or two with chopped white meat; and then I boil the carcass, freeze the broth and use it for making soup or dried beans at a later time.

Considering a rotisserie chicken doesn't cost that much more than a raw one, it seems like a pretty good deal. They're not as good as home-roasted chicken, but they save you one big step.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15707 on: August 24, 2018, 10:17:11 pm »
TGIF Bettermost Friends!

It was a busy week at work, my supervisor was out of the office Thursday and Friday, so I had to learn how to compile and run the reports she does weekly, so that I could have them ready for the Monday morning meeting.

I had to stay at work an extra hour or so to make sure everything was done, and I was glad when I was finally able to shut down the computer!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15708 on: August 25, 2018, 12:22:22 am »
It was a busy week at work, my supervisor was out of the office Thursday and Friday, so I had to learn how to compile and run the reports she does weekly, so that I could have them ready for the Monday morning meeting.

So it seems I'm not the only one expected to do the boss' job when she's out of the office.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15709 on: August 27, 2018, 07:33:21 pm »
So it seems I'm not the only one expected to do the boss' job when she's out of the office.

Oh, I'm sure that happens all over!!!