Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735590 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15890 on: December 24, 2018, 08:35:46 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Christmas Eve has arrived!

The luncheon went very smoothly, and most of the food went.  What didn't I was able to wrap and save for meals during the week.   I'm sure I'll be getting leftovers from tomorrow too.

My sister-in-law has planned a meal of chicken parm, penne ala vodka, meatballs, salad, garlic knots, cavatelli & broccoli. 

For dessert she has a fruit tart, peanut butter pie, and I have a bunch of cupcakes, two of the vegan, for Trent who is dairy allergic.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15891 on: December 24, 2018, 09:36:46 pm »
My second Christmas alone.
Actually I had one way back in 1976 in Avignon, France when I had a picnic lunch (do not remember the details) and made the mistake of ordering agneau - lamb for dinner at a restaurant but not recognising cerveaux - brains. I will never forget that French word again.
Today, after going to Midnight Mass in the cathedral, very late night for me, bed at 1 am, I had usual Fruit juice and cereal for breakfast but finishing with toasted Swiss (Züpfe) bread and cheese. Then with morning coffee I had a fruit mince tart. Lunch was 3 courses. Smoked salmon, capers and wheat biscuits to begin then cold chicken with apricot flavoured stuffing (do not like turkey very much), sliced ham, potato salad and garden salad with avocado and garlic dressing. A little lie down (a bit difficult with company) before heated plum pudding and brandy cream. All combined with a few glasses of Central Otago Pinot noir. I decorated the dining room table (rarely used for dining) and got out good dinnerware and cutlery.
Not sure if I will get into the garden this afternoon, a beautiful sunny day in the South Island, apparently heavy rain, floods and road slips in the North Island.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15892 on: December 25, 2018, 07:28:43 pm »
Sounds like it was a pretty restful Christmas for you!

I hope there's not a lot of damage on the North Island!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15893 on: December 25, 2018, 07:30:18 pm »
Home again!

I was out today about 11:00, spent time with my parents, and then over to my brother and sister-in-law's place.  Stayed there until 5:00, had a good lunch, opened gifts, and now I'm home, and tired.

Bed will feel good tonight!

Back to work tomorrow!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15894 on: December 26, 2018, 11:07:17 pm »

Back to work tomorrow!!

What? You don't get Boxing Day off?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15895 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:01 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Getting ready for New Year's Eve, and I'm not doing anything now.   :laugh:

My friend Tina, who hosts every year, is sick and sent a mass text to everyone apologizing, and saying the party is off.  She told us today so that we can find other options.  I'm thinking that for a change, I'll spend a New Year's Eve at home, enjoying the peace and quiet. 

I'll make myself a nice meal, relax with TV and computer, and sleep in the next day.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15896 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:26 pm »
What? You don't get Boxing Day off?

It's not a national holiday, the banks are open.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15897 on: December 28, 2018, 10:28:48 am »
I'm thinking that for a change, I'll spend a New Year's Eve at home, enjoying the peace and quiet. 

I'll probably do the same. I don't really like going out on NYE anyway, especially if I have to drive, which I almost always would.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15898 on: December 28, 2018, 09:28:24 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF!

Left work a little later today than usual, but because of the holidays, there wasn't a lot of traffic, so I got home quicker than usual.

I have some baking to do tomorrow, I have a party to go to, and I have extra pepperoni from my luncheon, so I'm going to make some stromboli.   Other than that, and laundry, it should be a quiet weekend.

Work on Monday, but I should be able to leave early, so I'm happy about that!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15899 on: December 28, 2018, 09:29:14 pm »
I'll probably do the same. I don't really like going out on NYE anyway, especially if I have to drive, which I almost always would.

I've already decided that I will use my time on the Eve and the Day to de-Christmas the apartment.