Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735680 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15910 on: January 06, 2019, 06:16:40 pm »
I bet that helps you focus on what you actually need and will use and reduces impulse purchases.

Yes, it does reduce impulse shopping, so that's a good thing.   The site also keeps a history of past purchases, so you don't even have to search for stuff, you can  just go over past lists and check what you want and add it to the cart.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15911 on: January 06, 2019, 07:25:07 pm »
I actually like going to the Supermarket, sometimes meet friends and always go for a coffee afterwards. I make a list before I go and generally stick to it although sometimes I see new things to try. The worst thing is putting it away in the cupboards when I get home.  I guess when I was working full time I would have appreciated it. But that was over 10 years ago. I use to regularly go on Thursday evening because in those days supermarkets were closed on Sundays and I was too busy with washing and housework on Saturdays. They were only open on Thursday late now they are open from 7 or 8am to 10pm every day of the week. Only closed Christmas day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Anzac day morning.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15912 on: January 06, 2019, 07:32:47 pm »
how many times am I gonna celebrate this birthday?  LOL

Milk it for all it's worth.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15913 on: January 07, 2019, 09:12:46 am »
how many times am I gonna celebrate this birthday?  LOL

Oh, the misery of having a loving family and good friends who insist on showing how much they care about you! Hope you can steel yourself and make it through.   :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15914 on: January 07, 2019, 06:50:45 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm hoping for a nice, quiet week this week at work.  There is an "off site" meeting in Boston for a number of the people (I'm not one of them) so people will start traveling tomorrow.  Most of the people will be out of the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (the day to travel back to home).  Some have already said they're working from home on Friday as well.

;D

With everyone out of the office, I'm hoping this means I can work on my filing for 2018, and box it up and get it away.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15915 on: January 07, 2019, 06:53:53 pm »
I actually like going to the Supermarket, sometimes meet friends and always go for a coffee afterwards. I make a list before I go and generally stick to it although sometimes I see new things to try. The worst thing is putting it away in the cupboards when I get home.  I guess when I was working full time I would have appreciated it. But that was over 10 years ago. I use to regularly go on Thursday evening because in those days supermarkets were closed on Sundays and I was too busy with washing and housework on Saturdays. They were only open on Thursday late now they are open from 7 or 8am to 10pm every day of the week. Only closed Christmas day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Anzac day morning.

I was never a person who enjoyed food shopping, so I was glad when I had a shop-at-home option.   As for our grocery store holiday hours, I think they only day they are closed is Christmas day.  Some may close on Thanksgiving as well.

Milk it for all it's worth.  ;D

:laugh:

Oh, the misery of having a loving family and good friends who insist on showing how much they care about you! Hope you can steel yourself and make it through.   :laugh:

:laugh:   Well, I just got off the phone with the family, and scheduled the family gathering for the 19th, and got off the phone with some friends, and scheduled their party for the 20th.

Offline brianr

« Reply #15916 on: January 08, 2019, 01:26:00 pm »
Last year I was away leading our walking group camp. It was Saturday and we had dinner out that night and towards the end I mentioned it was my birthday. They were surprised I had gone all day without telling them. I had three cards, all from Australia and an email from a friend in the UK who shares the same birthday. We did not have wifi so no contact from my sister that day.
 This year I turn 75 and I had thought, being Sunday, of having an afternoon tea for friends. However it is only 10 days after I have my hernia operation, my sister will be here for that but has to go home 5 days earlier as she and her husband are going on a cruise so there is only a slight chance she will be able to contact me that day .

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15917 on: January 08, 2019, 07:53:55 pm »
This year I turn 75 and I had thought, being Sunday, of having an afternoon tea for friends. However it is only 10 days after I have my hernia operation, my sister will be here for that but has to go home 5 days earlier as she and her husband are going on a cruise so there is only a slight chance she will be able to contact me that day .

Will you be feeling up to going out then?

Offline brianr

« Reply #15918 on: January 09, 2019, 02:35:39 am »
Hopefully I can go out, the doctor said just 1 week before driving, but I do not think I will be up to cleaning my house and entertaining even if it is just coffee, tea and bought cakes.
For my 70th I invited my walking group back to the house after a walk, probably about 20. My sister searched the internet and found a private house not far away from me where the lady made cupcakes to order. Of course I had to pick them up.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15919 on: January 10, 2019, 09:34:59 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well!

i'm feeling very satisfied today, as the past few days have been very productive.  ;D

On Tuesday, Wednesday and today, there was an 'offsite' meeting in Boston.  People in my position were not required to go, but everyone else was, so it's been very quiet at work the past three days.  I used those three days to get all of my filing for 2018 done, and straightened up a few sloppy shelves in our file room and supply room.  It's stuff that needed to be done, but we were never able to get it done.  Now, we can move on to the next thing.

;D