Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8740368 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15940 on: January 17, 2019, 10:26:57 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15941 on: January 18, 2019, 09:21:16 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone doing?

It's Friday, it's pay day, it's RuPaul's Drag Race night, and it's a three day weekend!  ;D

I got my shopping done early, because we're supposed to have bad weather this weekend.  I'm intending on spending the weekend in the apartment, just watching the weather through the window.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15942 on: January 19, 2019, 11:31:25 am »
Wow, that birthday party looks really nice -- and delicious!

Those are some weird-looking faxes and printouts, though.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15943 on: January 19, 2019, 01:30:55 pm »
That was quite a spread you put out for lunch.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15944 on: January 21, 2019, 03:56:47 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

So, the snow that was supposed to come really didn't come.  It snowed for a little bit, but it later turned to rain and everything was washed away.

It is BITTER cold now!  Winds are making it feel even colder!   I didn't have to go anywhere, but I got in the car and drove it around for about 10 minutes, just to make sure it would start.  I don't want it to be a solid, frozen block when I have to go to work tomorrow.   I intend on taking another quick drive just before dinner, and then one more just before bed.

Since I rushed around on Thursday and Friday to get things done early before the predicted snows hit, I was able to pretty much relax this weekend, and do nothing.  It's a little early, but I decided to put my Valentine's decor up in my windows.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15945 on: January 21, 2019, 03:57:57 pm »
Wow, that birthday party looks really nice -- and delicious!

Those are some weird-looking faxes and printouts, though.  :laugh:

I knew that somebody was going to say that, but I couldn't decide who!

That was quite a spread you put out for lunch.  :)

Everyone really enjoyed it!  Finally a change from the usual bagels and muffins.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15946 on: January 21, 2019, 08:46:33 pm »
It is BITTER cold now!  Winds are making it feel even colder!   I didn't have to go anywhere, but I got in the car and drove it around for about 10 minutes, just to make sure it would start.  I don't want it to be a solid, frozen block when I have to go to work tomorrow.   I intend on taking another quick drive just before dinner, and then one more just before bed.

This might sound crazy, but if you are can do it, parking the car facing away from the wind/with its rear end facing into the wind might help.

When I was in high school, I had a job in a drug store. One Sunday, it was bitterly cold and windy. I parked my car facing away from the wind. No one else who worked in the store did that. They all parked their cars facing into the wind. When it came time to close the store and go home, I got in my car, started it up, and was on my way. The others sat there and sat there trying to get their cars started.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15947 on: January 22, 2019, 07:45:20 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Temps are starting to go up, which is good, as rain is predicted for my area.  At least it won't freeze!

Bowling tonight, and tonight is my team's night to supply the music.  I've prepared 3 CDs full of 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s dance music.

Fingers are crossed for my status at work in February and March.  One month I will get  a merit increase, and the second I will get a bonus.  ;D

On top of that, I was given a new title that may mean more money as well.  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15948 on: January 24, 2019, 09:14:12 am »
It is BITTER cold now! 
By bitter cold, are you talking a high of 13 below zero? Because that's the forecast here for next Wednesday  :o >:(

The other days next week are balmier -- it's supposed to soar into the single below-zero digits and even up to 2 degrees by Thursday. And on Friday ... 12! T-shirt weather.

Get me out of here.  :(

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15949 on: January 24, 2019, 11:54:14 am »
By bitter cold, are you talking a high of 13 below zero? Because that's the forecast here for next Wednesday  :o >:(

The other days next week are balmier -- it's supposed to soar into the single below-zero digits and even up to 2 degrees by Thursday. And on Friday ... 12! T-shirt weather.

Get me out of here.  :(
:o :o :o!
Sorry to turn Chuck's blog into the weather report, but it's snowing here in Colorado, very pretty gentle snow. It's supposed to taper off by noon.
"chewing gum and duct tape"