Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8741837 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16010 on: March 07, 2019, 12:31:07 pm »
I've also had pasta made from chick-peas that was very delicious.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16011 on: March 11, 2019, 09:17:13 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Monday, if there is such a thing!

I spent the day home from work, on a sick day.  Last week one of my coworkers came in sick, and the wonderful woman shared her germs with everyone.

Bless her heart.   >:(

I could've  probably worked from home, but I wanted to be off in  case I wanted to take a nap.  I ended up doing that, and slept for three hours during the day.

I'm  going back to work tomorrow.  I'm still  not 100%, but I feel better than I did earlier.  I think after another good night's sleep, I'll feel even better.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16012 on: March 11, 2019, 10:47:01 pm »
I spent the day home from work, on a sick day.  Last week one of my coworkers came in sick, and the wonderful woman shared her germs with everyone.

Bless her heart.   >:(

God love her!  :laugh:

They call that "presenteeism," coming to work when you're so sick you should stay home.

Today a woman who sits not far from me at work had a horrible, dry, hacking cough. I hope she keeps it to herself.

I hope you're feeling better soon.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16013 on: March 12, 2019, 10:07:39 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Went back to work this morning.....still wasn't 100%, but felt much better, and couldn't justify staying home.   I'm feeling even better now, so I know I'm on the mend.

;D

Was able to get caught up on everything, and leave on time.  That's always a plus.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16014 on: March 12, 2019, 10:10:42 pm »
God love her!  :laugh:

They call that "presenteeism," coming to work when you're so sick you should stay home.

Today a woman who sits not far from me at work had a horrible, dry, hacking cough. I hope she keeps it to herself.

I hope you're feeling better soon.  :)

I am feeling much better.....I think I'll be back to 100% by Thursday, latest.

I also hope the hacking woman keeps the germs to herself.   I don't know how it is at your office, but at mine we all have laptops and the ability to work from home, so there's really no reason to come into the office sick.  So when someone does it, and then gets others sick, it's really annoying.

I don't know how much PTO time everyone gets at my office, but I know for my time with the company, I get between 5-6 weeks to be used as vacation time or sick time, so there's no reason to go to work sick.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16015 on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:58 am »
I also hope the hacking woman keeps the germs to herself.   I don't know how it is at your office, but at mine we all have laptops and the ability to work from home, so there's really no reason to come into the office sick.

That's the way it is, here, too, but if I'm too sick to come into the office, I'm not about to work at home.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16016 on: March 13, 2019, 09:18:47 am »
I get between 5-6 weeks to be used as vacation time or sick time, so there's no reason to go to work sick.

Unless you want to take a long vacation! Or unless you get really sick, God forbid, and need the time later.

I'm not defending people who go to work sick, especially if they can work from home and not take PTO. But I wish companies would separate sick days and vacation days. Mine also lumps them altogether like that.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16017 on: March 13, 2019, 11:43:36 am »
I'm not defending people who go to work sick, especially if they can work from home and not take PTO. But I wish companies would separate sick days and vacation days. Mine also lumps them altogether like that.

Ours was that way, and then the company went to a "lump" system. We were told the company had to do this because of a new city ordinance. (Don't ask me why or how the city has the authority to regulate employers in this way within its own bounds. I don't know the answer to that. It just does.)

But doing it this way simplifies record keeping for the company. Formerly, we had two separate time codes for reporting sick time vs. vacation time. Now the company bean counters only have to deal with one PTO code. It saves the bean counters time, and time is money.

I don't have a problem with having all PTO being lumped together because it also saves me having to keep track of sick time vs. vacation time.

It just seems simpler all around to me to have one PTO rather than sick and vacation.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16018 on: March 13, 2019, 02:39:24 pm »
It would be illegal in both NZ and Australia to lump them together. In NZ the minimum is 5 days per year sick leave (even if you only work 1 day per week) while in Australia it is 10 days but that is for a person working 5 days per week, so a person working 1 day per week only gets 2 days sick leave (now called sick and carers leave so you can take time off for a sick child).
As a teacher, my vacation days were of course fixed (about 55 days) but I had 22 days sick/carers pay on full pay and another 22 days on half pay per year. I think 20 days accrued to the next year and, as I never took more than 5 days in any one year, I had a huge amount when I left but I did not get pay for them.
I only took it as carer's leave once when my mother (aged in late 80's by then) moved home. Some women teachers seem to have a sick child every 2 weeks and knew in advance (as they booked all their classes for the day into the library which annoyed me as the teacher/librarian).
I did occasionally have a "sick of work" day but never more than 2 or 3 in any one year and, as said, never more than 5 sick days in any one year.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16019 on: March 13, 2019, 02:41:27 pm »
And both Australia and NZ have a compulsory minimum 4 weeks annual vacation leave per year.