Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734047 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16030 on: March 18, 2019, 09:36:55 pm »
I'm not sure what type of windows they are.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16031 on: March 19, 2019, 08:50:19 am »
Yeah, I don't know how you would even tell with a window.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16032 on: March 19, 2019, 07:01:24 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is well today!

I did some personal stuff at work.  :laugh:

My supervisor was working from home, so I took the opportunity to take some personal papers to the office, and I sifted though them.  I kept what I needed to keep, shredded what I needed to shred, and put everything in order in a binder.

One of the things I said I was going to do was get a 'financial check-up' the year I turned 50.  My bank has financial advisers, and at one point in the summer I plan to make an appointment with one,  and have him/her go over all my paperwork, and let me know what I'm doing right, and what I should change.

I have a chunk of funds in a 401k, an investment account, two Acorn Funds.   

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16033 on: March 27, 2019, 09:13:27 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well!

Tomorrow is tax day, and I guess we'll see what the new tax laws are going to do to my refund.

*fingers crossed that it won't be too bad!*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16034 on: March 31, 2019, 09:19:03 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend has come and gone.....just about!

Today's weather has been crazy.....all morning it was grey and raining.  Then, about 3:00 it got sunny.  Now, it's pretty cold out.  I did have the windows open earlier,  it was nice to have the fresh air coming into the apartment.

Taxes were done on Thursday, and I'm getting a refund that is $50.00 higher than last year, so I wasn't affected too badly by the new laws.

Relaxing this evening,  laundry is done, groceries are away, and apartment is clean.  ;D

Was at a wedding this weekend, two guys from my bowling league got married on Saturday.  It was a lot of fun.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16035 on: March 31, 2019, 10:30:07 pm »
Taxes were done on Thursday, and I'm getting a refund that is $50.00 higher than last year, so I wasn't affected too badly by the new laws.

You must have been at Mar a Lago after the tax law passed and Trump looked around the dinner table and said, "I just made you all much richer!"

Was at a wedding this weekend, two guys from my bowling league got married on Saturday.  It was a lot of fun.

Fun! I love weddings, as long as there are other friends there!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16036 on: April 02, 2019, 11:18:03 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is well!  ;D

For some reason,  the past few days feel like they've crawled by!  I'm glad tomorrow is Wednesday.  Halfway through the week.

Last week, I received a package at work.  It was an inter-office package,  and my supervisor got one as well.  We opened the boxes, and in them were red bricks, with white text on them.

There were no cards or any notes explaining why we got them.

::) :laugh:

I have it on the wall of my cubicle, and if someone annoys me, I threaten to hit them with it.

Here is the brick.  I left the calculator and computer mouse in the pic, for size comparison.  It's actually pretty heavy too

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16037 on: April 02, 2019, 11:19:34 pm »
You must have been at Mar a Lago after the tax law passed and Trump looked around the dinner table and said, "I just made you all much richer!"

Yeah, that's me, rolling in dough!  :laugh:

Oh, there were plenty of friends there,  there were about 20 other people there I knew from the league, some bowlers,and some partners.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16038 on: April 03, 2019, 08:29:14 am »
At a first quick glance at the photo, I thought it was the lid of a red box filled with chocolates. Disappointing to find out it was a brick and a keyboard!  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16039 on: April 03, 2019, 09:07:36 am »

Oh, God, I hate 'em. Hate 'em.

Tell you what, I'm perfectly aware that a lot of that is because I'll never have one of my own--i.e., jealousy.

BUT: All the outdated patriarchal shit that's gone on at all the straight weddings I've attended makes me want to barf. I'm surprised the groom doesn't have to hand over a bride price (cows? goats? sheep?) in front of the whole assembly before the wedding can proceed. The worst of all is "giving away the bride." Why not sell her and at least make some money off the proceedings? That might help pay for it. Doesn't the bride's family pay for it anyway?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.