Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738841 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16110 on: May 21, 2019, 06:04:03 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

First Tuesday where I don't have to bowl!

;D

Don't get me wrong, I like bowling, but I look forward to the break in the summer!

Work has been going well, so I have no complaints on that front, thankfully!

Memorial Day weekend is coming,  does anyone have any good plans?  I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend, and a BBQ on Monday.

I played all the scratch-off lottery tickets that I got for my birthday, and came home $150.00 richer.  :)

Windows open, and a nice breeze is blowing through my apartment, it feels so good!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16111 on: May 22, 2019, 08:58:37 am »
I played all the scratch-off lottery tickets that I got for my birthday, and came home $150.00 richer.  :)

Nice gift idea! Not expensive for the giver, but potentially rewarding for the recipient!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16112 on: May 25, 2019, 02:13:59 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone has some fun plans for this three day weekend!   For me, laundry is Sunday, and Monday I'm going to a BBQ with friends.

As for today........

Whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!

Out with the old.............

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16113 on: May 25, 2019, 02:14:45 pm »

.............and in with the new!!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16114 on: May 25, 2019, 02:23:36 pm »
Oh wow!  Congrats Chuckie!

May it serve you well.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16115 on: May 25, 2019, 10:26:37 pm »
Looks really nice, Chuck! More fun to drive? What features does it have that your previous vehicle didn’t? They’re always upgrading!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16116 on: May 26, 2019, 10:53:40 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is having a great weekend!

Got the car on Saturday (I've named her Sabrina), today I got the laundry done, went on a shopping spree at Bed, Bath & Beyond, and spent some time at my friends' house, showing off the car.

Tomorrow I have to get two dozen donuts, and then go to a BBQ at 2:00.  Nice way to end the weekend!

Oh wow!  Congrats Chuckie!

May it serve you well.

Thanks Sonja! 

Looks really nice, Chuck! More fun to drive? What features does it have that your previous vehicle didn’t? They’re always upgrading!

I'm really enjoying driving her, but I wouldn't say "more fun".....I'm still getting used to her, but I'm getting used pretty quickly.

There are two issues I have to learn  to deal with.  LOL  With the Tracker, the spare was on the back door/hatch.  With the Santa Fe, it's under the car, to give more rear space.   Getting the spare out from under a car can be pretty awkward.  However, with the car I have 5 years of free roadside assistance, so if need be, they can deal with that,  not me.   The other issue is the Santa Fe has "Stop/Start Technology".  In automobiles, a start-stop system or stop-start system automatically shuts down and restarts the internal combustion engine to reduce the amount of time the engine spends idling, thereby reducing fuel consumption and emissions. ... The engine restarts when the clutch is pressed prior to selecting a gear to move the car.   My Tracker didn't do this, so when the Santa Fe does, my thought is "oh, it just stalled!"

:laugh:

As for new features my Tracker didn't have, let's see what I can list.

Blind Spot warning,
Driver Attention Warning
Back-up Camera
USB ports to recharge phones
Vents in the second row for A/C and heating.

Finally, there is a screen on the dash that shows the radio information, it also can communicate with my phone, so it will play the music stored on my phone, play phone calls over the speakers, and use Google Maps for directional help.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16117 on: May 27, 2019, 09:50:06 am »

There are two issues I have to learn  to deal with.  LOL  With the Tracker, the spare was on the back door/hatch.  With the Santa Fe, it's under the car, to give more rear space.   Getting the spare out from under a car can be pretty awkward.  However, with the car I have 5 years of free roadside assistance, so if need be, they can deal with that,  not me.   The other issue is the Santa Fe has "Stop/Start Technology".  In automobiles, a start-stop system or stop-start system automatically shuts down and restarts the internal combustion engine to reduce the amount of time the engine spends idling, thereby reducing fuel consumption and emissions. ... The engine restarts when the clutch is pressed prior to selecting a gear to move the car.   My Tracker didn't do this, so when the Santa Fe does, my thought is "oh, it just stalled!"

The second you'll probably get used to fairly quickly. The first ... that one I would never get used to, but then I never change my own tires. I've had three flat tires in the past six months -- I blame the freeway on my way to work; they're doing a major reconstruction project and the road surface has been really rough and potholed. Anyway, my insurance policy has roadside assistance, and I also have AAA so if one doesn't work the other comes through.

I assume you'll get full coverage on Sabrina, so you might want to check the policy (not that you'd need roadside assistance from insurance for the next five years). I didn't know about mine for the first couple of years.

Blind Spot warning,
Driver Attention Warning
Back-up Camera
USB ports to recharge phones
Vents in the second row for A/C and heating.

Finally, there is a screen on the dash that shows the radio information, it also can communicate with my phone, so it will play the music stored on my phone, play phone calls over the speakers, and use Google Maps for directional help.

Wow, fancy! Does it have the thing where you don't actually have to put the key in the ignition, it senses it in your pocket and you just press a button?

The music/phone/google maps feature will be really handy! Minnesota is starting a new no-hold law, which means you can't even hold your phone to make a call -- you have to have a feature like this. I have an aux plug in my car, so I could get the music to play through the speakers, but you'd still have to manipulate the phone to use it.

A few years ago I was assigned to cover an auto show. They had a contest for a free car, and this woman won who had come to the show to look at cars to replace her old one and wanted to upgrade to one with seat warmers and a rear-view camera.

The one she won was unbelievably decked out. Not just seat warmers, but seat AC! Not just RV camera and blind-spot sensor, but also features that steer your car back into your lane if you start to drift or slow you down if the cars ahead slow down, and all sorts of other things. Plus roaming wireless.

The theme of my auto-show article was all the fancy automated features you can get on cars these days. Some have, I think, since become standard. It's like we're in some middle ground before we reach fully automated cars -- The Singularity!

But I also talked to a mechanic who said all these automated things mean the cars take twice as long to fix, and yet he can't charge his customers twice as much.

Sounds like you've still got good old-fashioned manual transmission. In the city, even -- I salute you! I had that for 11 years but have had automatic so long I'd have trouble going back to manual.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16118 on: May 27, 2019, 11:39:11 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Going to a BBQ at 2:00, and I'm bringing dessert.  I went to a local donut shop, and got these.

1st Row: 3 Red Velvet & 1 Oreo
2nd Row: 2 Oreo & 2 Ring-A-Ling
3rd Row: 1 Ring-A-Ling & 3 Twix
4th Row: 3 Triple Chocolate & 1 S'mores
5th Row: 2 S'mores & 2 Reverse Jersey Cream
6th Row: 1 Reverse Jersey Cream & 3 Cinnamon Sugar Nutella.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16119 on: May 27, 2019, 11:43:02 am »
The second you'll probably get used to fairly quickly. The first ... that one I would never get used to, but then I never change my own tires. I've had three flat tires in the past six months -- I blame the freeway on my way to work; they're doing a major reconstruction project and the road surface has been really rough and potholed. Anyway, my insurance policy has roadside assistance, and I also have AAA so if one doesn't work the other comes through.

I assume you'll get full coverage on Sabrina, so you might want to check the policy (not that you'd need roadside assistance from insurance for the next five years). I didn't know about mine for the first couple of years.

Wow, fancy! Does it have the thing where you don't actually have to put the key in the ignition, it senses it in your pocket and you just press a button?

The music/phone/google maps feature will be really handy! Minnesota is starting a new no-hold law, which means you can't even hold your phone to make a call -- you have to have a feature like this. I have an aux plug in my car, so I could get the music to play through the speakers, but you'd still have to manipulate the phone to use it.

A few years ago I was assigned to cover an auto show. They had a contest for a free car, and this woman won who had come to the show to look at cars to replace her old one and wanted to upgrade to one with seat warmers and a rear-view camera.

The one she won was unbelievably decked out. Not just seat warmers, but seat AC! Not just RV camera and blind-spot sensor, but also features that steer your car back into your lane if you start to drift or slow you down if the cars ahead slow down, and all sorts of other things. Plus roaming wireless.

The theme of my auto-show article was all the fancy automated features you can get on cars these days. Some have, I think, since become standard. It's like we're in some middle ground before we reach fully automated cars -- The Singularity!

But I also talked to a mechanic who said all these automated things mean the cars take twice as long to fix, and yet he can't charge his customers twice as much.

Sounds like you've still got good old-fashioned manual transmission. In the city, even -- I salute you! I had that for 11 years but have had automatic so long I'd have trouble going back to manual.

Yes, I do have full coverage on Sabrina, so I'll have to look and see if I have that feature or not.

She doesn't have the keyless feature, so I still have a key to put into the car to turn it on.  No, I don't have a manual transmission, she is automatic.   I do know how to drive a stick, however.  Two of the trucks I've owned in the past were stick-shift.