Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738397 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16160 on: July 15, 2019, 06:09:11 pm »
It's supposed to be hot and humid here too. Can't believe I was looking at 12-ft snowbanks just last week! Stay cool, friend.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16161 on: July 22, 2019, 07:55:24 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing ok after the heatwave!

I've been doing some online jigsaw puzzles.  Haven't done a real one in a while, but doing them online is fun!

Saw the parents and cat this weekend, and Blaze is doing better lately!   Mom had been worried about him, as she felt he was walking funny and thought he was in pain from arthritis or a leg issue.  Blaze is a very large cat, and about 13 now, so he is not as limber as he once was, meaning he doesn't groom himself so well.   Mom brushes him, but she felt he needed more care (he's a long-hair cat) so she took him to the vet to have the fur trimmed down to almost the skin, to cool him for the summer.

When she went to pick up Blaze after the appointment, he told her that he did have some knots on his sides, however, he had a few big knots between his hind legs, which must've been pulling on him, causing his strange walk.  Now that the fur is all cut away,  he's walking much better.

Mom has decided that instead of doing this for the summer, she'll have it done three or four times a year, so that he's always neater, and the knots won't have time to get out of control.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16162 on: July 23, 2019, 05:08:52 pm »
So, what is your opinion of the new country star Orville Peck, friend Chuck?

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #16163 on: July 24, 2019, 06:36:31 pm »
Never heard of him until you posted.   Checked out his videos on YouTube......nice voice, don't get the whole "hide my identity" thing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16164 on: July 24, 2019, 07:21:58 pm »
Don't you find his fringed mask a little erotic?

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #16165 on: July 25, 2019, 08:30:20 pm »
Don't you find his fringed mask a little erotic?

Not really.  And I've seen this sort of done before, with chains, by Prince.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #16166 on: July 26, 2019, 07:48:47 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF Everyone!

Got through the busy week, and now it's time to do NOTHING!

LOL

I know I won't be doing nothing.  However, this weekend is the first one in a long time that I have no plans, and can just relax.  ;D  I will spend some time doing some dusting and cleaning of surfaces and such, maybe clean the fridge a bit, but no traveling, and spend the evening just relaxing and watching TV.

;D

Vacation is coming up, not next week, but the week after.  This time is much needed!  LOL   One of my coworkers is starting to REALLY work my nerves, and I need this break!  I don't know what's going on with her life lately, but she's been really really obnoxious lately, you can just feel the cloud of negativity hanging over her.  Unfortunately, I'm not the only one who has noticed it, and I don't think she knows the impression she is giving off to others.

I hope she can relax this weekend, and come back refreshed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16167 on: July 28, 2019, 10:55:51 am »
If your coworker keeps it up, could you possibly go for coffee or something similar and tactfully discuss the issue? If she was a normal person before her recent obnoxiousness, she'd probably want to be made aware of how she's coming across. Plus you're such an amiable coworker you could probably do it in a way that wouldn't offend her too much. Bring her a donut!  :D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16168 on: July 28, 2019, 10:58:55 am »
Wow, I just looked at the number on top: Cellar Scribblings has been read almost 2.9 million times!!!  :o If Cellar Scribblings were a book, it would be an international best seller, you'd be rich from the royalties and they'd be making a movie of it!

Somehow I  never noticed that feature before. I'm sure other threads have racked up millions of readings as well.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #16169 on: July 28, 2019, 06:28:35 pm »
Bring her a donut!  :D

It's funny you should say that, I'm bringing donuts to work tomorrow!