Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 2967624 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16240 on: September 02, 2019, 11:09:28 am »
I can read it but it's not ideal. I would probably "ctrl +" my screen.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16241 on: September 05, 2019, 08:31:32 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend is upon us!

;D

It looks as if it will be a quiet weekend, and for that I am happy. 

No real pressing plans at all in the near future, other than having to make the first appointment for my new car's scheduled maintenance.   I'll need to check with my brother or father to make sure they are around next weekend and can follow me to the dealer and then drive me back when the car is done.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brian

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16242 on: September 06, 2019, 02:52:35 am »
My dealer 'Dunedin City Ford 'always ask if I want a lift anywhere. I guess I would need to find my own way back but I only go during the week and I have a free bus pass. so decline their offer.  For the service (once per year on anniversary of when I purchased in 2010 so February) it takes a couple of hours,  I usually go into the city for a movie. For the yearly WOF (Warrant of Fitness) it is on the anniversary of its first registration so November and takes about 45 minutes. I go across the road to the garden/hardware centre and have a coffee and wander until they ring me. So much better than when I first owned a car that needed servicing every 1000 miles.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16243 on: Yesterday at 10:37:53 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

The past week has been a little crazy.  I had a few deadlines at work that I had to meet, and thankfully, I got all my assignments done.  I hate missing deadlines!

On top of that, we have a new (as my mother would call him) "high mucky-muck" at work who decided that he was going to do a string of "Town Hall Meetings" to discuss things that needed to be discussed regarding how our processes are going to change.

We were told we would need to have a lunch ready, and were given a head count of 49 people.   Of course, the day before the meeting, our office's Executive Assistant was out of the office, so it fell to me to get everything set up and make sure that everything was in place.

The day of the meeting, we had people standing along the walls and barely enough food, because about 15 more people showed up, who had not responded to the invite, or weren't invited at all, and just showed up for the meeting and the food.

::)

One of the executives who works in my office was telling the Executive Assistant (who I am close with) that this situation (not enough seats or food) was unacceptable.  I turned to her and told her that we were given a head count of 49, and if there wasn't enough seating or food, it was  because people who weren't supposed to be there, were there.

That seemed to shut her up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!