Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8739167 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16290 on: November 24, 2019, 10:55:14 am »
There is a great visual gag in the definitive Superman movie where Christopher Reeve runs up to a pay phone that's not in a phone booth. He has to change in an alley.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clark Kent exposed?!! Nooooo!!!!

Yup!  Apparently, Superman is revealing that he and Clark are one and the same.   The story takes place in a book being released in January called "Superman:  Heroes #1"

Here is the cover.  You may not be familiar with all the characters on it, so I'll give you a run down.  They are mostly members of the Justice League (JLA) or Young Justice (YJ)

Starting in the back, the character in brown with the mask and staff was originally one of the Robins.  The original Robin was Dick Grayson, who as an adult left Batman and became Nightwing.  He was replaced by Tim Drake, he has now grown and left Batman as well, and goes by the name "Drake", that is the character in brown with the staff.  He currently leads a team of teen heroes called "Young Justice", so Drake's team affiliation is YJ.

In front of Drake is Green Lantern and Flash.  Across from Flash is a man with glasses.  Plastic Man.  Next to him is Zatanna, Batman and Aquaman (all JLA).

In front of them is a faceless man (Question - JLA) and then Impulse (YJ) and the newest Robin (Damian Wayne) .  Next is Wonder Woman (JLA).

At this point you can see Superman's eyes reflecting in the glasses Clark Kent would wear.  Directly under the glasses are the updated Wonder Twins (Jayna & Zan).  Standing next to Jayna is Superman's best friend, Jimmy Olsen, Daily Planet photographer.  Next to him is Teen Lantern (YJ) and next to her, Wonder Girl (YJ).  Standing next to Zan is Perry White,  Daily Planet editor.  Next to Perry is Superboy (YJ), the young woman with the glowing elements on her outfit is new hero, Naomi (YJ)  and by her is Green Arrow (JLA).

Front and center of them all is Lois Lane, and draped over her arm is one of the suits that Superman would wear when he was Clark.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16291 on: November 24, 2019, 11:44:51 am »
goes by the name "Drake"

Oh, I've heard of him!

Here are the ones I've heard of/could identify:

Dick Grayson
Green Lantern
Batman
Wonder Woman
Jimmy Olsen
Perry White
Lois Lane

I'm not even totally sure I know Green Lantern -- possibly I'm confusing him with Green Hornet.

I can think of superheroes who aren't on here, though. Like Green Hornet, Antman and ... well, probably others. Are they characters in the other brand of comics?

Is that Superman's left foot at the bottom of the pic, and if so, what kind of footwear is that?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16292 on: November 24, 2019, 01:19:27 pm »
Oh, I've heard of him!

Here are the ones I've heard of/could identify:

Dick Grayson
Green Lantern
Batman
Wonder Woman
Jimmy Olsen
Perry White
Lois Lane

I'm not even totally sure I know Green Lantern -- possibly I'm confusing him with Green Hornet.

I can think of superheroes who aren't on here, though. Like Green Hornet, Antman and ... well, probably others. Are they characters in the other brand of comics?

Is that Superman's left foot at the bottom of the pic, and if so, what kind of footwear is that?

Yes, that's his left foot, and I don't know why his boot looks that way.  Perhaps for the event he's getting a costume change?

As for Antman and Green Hornet......  There are a lot of comic companies.   Green Hornet was on a few different minor comic companies.  Antman is on the roster of one of the bigger companies, Marvel.

Superman and everyone on that cover are all part of the DC Comics universe.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16293 on: November 24, 2019, 02:26:41 pm »
So when a movie features a big group of them, are they all from Marvel or DC? Is there any agreement among superhero fans that one is better than the other?

I feel like I would like Antman because it's hard to not like anything starring Paul Rudd. Did you see it? And what's that franchise Chris Pratt was in?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16294 on: November 24, 2019, 07:17:07 pm »
So when a movie features a big group of them, are they all from Marvel or DC? Is there any agreement among superhero fans that one is better than the other?

I feel like I would like Antman because it's hard to not like anything starring Paul Rudd. Did you see it? And what's that franchise Chris Pratt was in?

Guardians of the Galaxy?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16295 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:59 am »
Guardians of the Galaxy?

Yes, thanks. I was told it was good, or at least entertaining, but I couldn't really get into it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16296 on: November 26, 2019, 07:07:03 pm »

Yes, when a group of heroes is in a movie together, they are all from the same company, either DC or Marvel.

DC fans like DC better,  Marvel fans like Marvel better.  LOL  There is no real agreement over who is better than the other.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16297 on: November 26, 2019, 09:42:19 pm »
DC fans like DC better,  Marvel fans like Marvel better.  LOL  There is no real agreement over who is better than the other.

Oh, somewhere I read a review and the writer said something like "Obviously all the [DC/Marvel] comics are much better than the [Marvel/DC] comics." I kind of took it as "fact," or at least widely agreed-upon opinion. But the reviewer must have just been on one of the sides.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16298 on: December 01, 2019, 09:43:01 pm »
Yup!  Apparently, Superman is revealing that he and Clark are one and the same.   The story takes place in a book being released in January called "Superman:  Heroes #1"

Here is the cover.  You may not be familiar with all the characters on it, so I'll give you a run down.  They are mostly members of the Justice League (JLA) or Young Justice (YJ)

Front and center of them all is Lois Lane, and draped over her arm is one of the suits that Superman would wear when he was Clark.

Lois Lane's skirt looks a little "retro" to me.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16299 on: December 02, 2019, 01:26:10 am »
Lois Lane's skirt looks a little "retro" to me.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. It’s a fashionable length and otherwise ordinary but fine. Same with the rest of her outfit — hairstyle, fitted shirt, etc. You must be more cutting edge than I am.