Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8736580 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16390 on: January 22, 2020, 11:31:25 pm »
Around here when they call it coke and they don't mean a soda they're talking about something that gets snorted up the nose.  8)  ;D

:laugh: :laugh:

It's interesting how many permutations there are of "place to purchase and eat food cooked by someone else." I once interviewed a guy who had organized a humanitarian organization that made multiple trips to Uganda, with the first big objective of raising the standard of living from $1 a day to $2 a day. When they accomplished that it was huge. Better netting for protection from malaria. Good tin roofs, so the family wouldn't have to go outside in the middle of the night in monsoon season and hold the canvas roof to keep it from blowing off. And a small "restaurant" where a woman would make a big pot of beans or something and sell them in her backyard. It's a start!  :D

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16391 on: January 29, 2020, 10:03:06 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Had a busy weekend last weekend.

I did my grocery shopping and laundry on Friday after work.  Saturday evening I had a birthday party to go to, and then Sunday there was a family late lunch birthday celebration, and mini-golf.  It was the one time that the family could get together to do my bday, dad's bday, Derek's bday (Derek is my niece, Shana's, boyfriend and Tenton's dad) and Jeannie's bday (Jeannie is Derek's mom).

Trent picked up on mini-golf pretty quickly, and really enjoyed himself.

;D

This weekend I plan on doing grocery shopping and laundry on Friday again.  Sunday is the Super Bowl, and I have a party to go to, so I'll be making stromboli for that.  That means if I get the shopping and laundry done on Friday, I can just relax on Saturday.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16392 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:05 pm »
This weekend I plan on doing grocery shopping and laundry on Friday again.  Sunday is the Super Bowl, and I have a party to go to, so I'll be making stromboli for that.  That means if I get the shopping and laundry done on Friday, I can just relax on Saturday.

Why am I not surprised?  ;D

At least you make stromboli for parties. I knew someone who baked a ham when someone died. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16393 on: January 30, 2020, 02:11:43 pm »
MORE stromboli???!!!??? :o :o :o

I thought you were all strombolied out by now!

Careful you don't get strombolism, a rare and dangerous disease  ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16394 on: February 02, 2020, 12:44:57 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Super Bowl Sunday has arrived.   To be honest, I don't even know what two teams are playing today.  LOL

I'm going to a party today, and I'll probably only stay until half-time.  I'm  not one of those people who call out sick the next day, so I have to be at work tomorrow my usual time, so staying up way past bedtime to watch a football game I'm not really interested in  is not in the cards.

:laugh:

I'll watch the first half, stay to see Jennifer Lopez and Shakira do their half-time show, and then I bid everyone a good night.

I did manage to get the laundry done yesterday, so I can spend today getting the stomboli prepared and baked.

I also managed to get some cleaning and straightening up done around the apartment.  It looks much better now!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16395 on: February 02, 2020, 01:11:19 pm »
Super Bowl Sunday has arrived.   To be honest, I don't even know what two teams are playing today.  LOL

I don't think I do either. Though I do know they're in the Superbowl because they won playoff games against the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints, the very two teams I would be a fan of if I were a fan of any football teams, which I'm not.

I'm going to a party today, and I'll probably only stay until half-time.  I'm  not one of those people who call out sick the next day, so I have to be at work tomorrow my usual time, so staying up way past bedtime to watch a football game I'm not really interested in  is not in the cards.

I'm planning to go to a movie, probably Ford vs. Ferrari, because it sounds good, it's up for an Oscar, and it's more of a "guyish" film and, if I may briefly stereotype, men in general seem more into football than women in general, so I'll benefit from more empty seats. Though I'm sure theaters showing Little Women will be emptier than usual, too.

Personally, I've never watched a whole football game in my life. I used to watch the Superbowl commercials and ignore the game, but nowadays I can see the commercials online if I wish.

But you can bet I'll be in front of the TV and up late next Sunday, even though I'm sure many of the choices will be, as usual, dumb. But I never miss it. And if all goes well I'll know how much to root for F v F winning awards. Or another way to put it: Christian Bale and Matt Damon vs. Leo and Brad Pitt. In general I like Bale better than Pitt and DiCaprio slightly more than Damon. So they cancel each other out star-wise. But so far my favorite movie this year is OUaTiH, even though I usually dislike Tarantino movies.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16396 on: February 09, 2020, 06:11:29 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well!  ;D

Busy week at work this past week, but I manged to get most things done, and stay on top of everything.   I also went out to lunch with some of my coworkers and a client.  People in my position at the bank generally don't go out to meet clients.  However, there was some change-over with the people managing their accounts, and it lead to a few issues that really upset the client.  Thankfully, I was able to smooth things over, and they told the people I report to  that they were ready to leave the bank, but opted to stay because of the service I gave them.

So the last two times there was a client lunch, I was asked to go as well, because this client is so happy with the service I gave them.

Spent Friday working on reports, which can get a little dicey, but I got them done, for the most part.

I also had my yearly review this week, and my supervisor is very happy with me, so I got a raise and bonus.   The bonus should be in my account by the end of this month, and then the raise starts in March, and will show up in the first paycheck of April.

;D

Going to an Oscar party tonight, but most likely won't be staying to the end.  I have to work tomorrow, and the Oscars always run late, so I'll probably be leaving by 10:00 or so.  However, the party starts at 6:00, so I'll be there for a while.  The hostess also has a theme each year, and this year's theme is "your inner child".   My inner child loved Saturday morning cartoons, so I'm going in a pair of sweatpants and a purple t-shirt with a big yellow "Z" on it, like what Zan (the male Wonder Twin) wore.  I will also bring 7 of my Super Friends figures with me, the main 7 from the TV show:

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, and the Wonder Twins.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16397 on: February 17, 2020, 02:49:03 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Three day weekend for me!  ;D

Saturday was a 'do nothing' day, and was just what the doctor ordered.  ;D

Sunday I did laundry, and the family went out to get lunch to celebrate Chris' birthday (02/12) and my parents' wedding anniversary (02/13).

Today was a sleep-in day.  After that, I collected the trash to take out, I took down my Valentine's decor, and put up my St. Patrick's Day stuff.   I also put some screens up on the back of the louver doors in front of my heater/ac unit.

With Spring approaching, I know the time is coming for the yellow-jackets and hornets.  This year I want to see if I can keep them out of my place.  I know they are getting in from the attic, so I'm going to start spraying the soffit area where I saw them getting in last year.  I'm hoping that between the screens and the spray, I'll have a hornet-free apartment.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16398 on: February 19, 2020, 09:56:49 am »
With Spring approaching, I know the time is coming for the yellow-jackets and hornets.  This year I want to see if I can keep them out of my place.  I know they are getting in from the attic, so I'm going to start spraying the soffit area where I saw them getting in last year.  I'm hoping that between the screens and the spray, I'll have a hornet-free apartment.

I'm glad you mentioned that. Reminds me I'll need to think about replacing the filter for my hvac unit.

Why isn't it your landlord's responsibility to get rid of/prevent the yellow jackets and hornets from getting into your place?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16399 on: February 19, 2020, 10:37:40 pm »
It's basically a matter of chance, if that makes sense?

The hornets find their way into the soffit of the apartment building into the attic.  A nest gets made, and they find their way into my apartment.

I don't think they're any real way to keep them out of the soffit, other than to spray regularly, which is an expense, so the property management company isn't going to do that.