Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8739838 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16420 on: March 17, 2020, 09:20:42 am »
54 cases in Minnesota so far. At first, all were people who'd recently traveled, but now it's starting to spread within communities.

My paper ran an interactive map of the U.S., showing how many cases confirmed, how many died, how many recovered. The death tolls aren't huge compared to the confirmed cases, but what's disturbing is that the number recovered is either 1 or 0 in almost every state, whereas the deaths are far higher. Except, for some reason, California, where there are 544 confirmed, 7 deaths, 6 recoveries.

Hopefully the recovery figures are small because it's still early.

The numbers get smaller as you go inland (except, sorry Lee, for CO). Wyoming has 3, ND 1. That's because people live more spaciously, I assume, though I suppose it's possible that they're just under-reported in those states.

Here's the map if anyone's interested. There's some MN-specific stuff at the top -- the U.S. map is at the bottom.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16421 on: March 18, 2020, 01:12:18 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is staying healthy and safe.

I haven't heard about any new cases in NJ, however, I expect that to change.  Just found out on the news that a Comcast repair man did a number of appointments in my town of Bloomfield, and he recently tested positive with Corona Virus, so now everyone he visited to do maintenance is now exposed.

::)

With being stuck at home, and then having lunch and dinner at home, no one has any incentive to go out, so people will not be exercising.  I'm trying to make sure I do some sort of activity each day.  I've been going to the park for walks after work, just to stretch my legs.  I also try (if work allows) to do 30 minutes of mild cardo during the day with Leslie Sansone.

I'm planning on getting a last workout with Leslie at the end of the day, before bed.

If I'm lucky, I'll loose a nice amount of weight while at home, and then when I go back to work, everyone will want to know what happened.  I can either be honest, or be dramatic and tell them I couldn't find food anywhere, and starved.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16422 on: March 18, 2020, 01:28:01 pm »
Who's Leslie?  You work out with her before bed?  Have you taken on a roommate?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16423 on: March 18, 2020, 02:13:28 pm »
Who's Leslie?  You work out with her before bed?  Have you taken on a roommate?

Oh, no roommate here.

"Leslie" is Leslie Sansone.  She's a current day "Jane Fonda"......she has a string of exercise videos that are low impact, but effective.  When I lost all the weight I did a number of years ago, it was using her exercise videos.

Her program is called "Walk Away the Pounds" and she gives a variety of exercises at a variety of tempos, and uses hand weights or elastic bands, and in 15 minutes you've burned the calories you would've burned in a 1 mile walk.  She has 1, 2 , 3 , 4 and 5 Mile Walk videos.

Here is one of her vids.  Watch the first few moments, and then you'll get the idea.  Skip ahead to 6:50 to see the pace increase.  Skip ahead to 11:30 for the band work.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16424 on: March 19, 2020, 10:01:41 am »
I can either be honest, or be dramatic and tell them I couldn't find food anywhere, and starved.

I'm planning the same!  :laugh: Maybe not the starved part, but the dramatic transition to svelteness.

I'd never heard of Leslie, but I used to do Kathy Smith videos about 20 years ago. I may try hers again. She uses free weights and is about the right level of challenge for me.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16425 on: March 19, 2020, 01:13:04 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is well.

I received an email from a coworker that yesterday her husband came home from work with two men in hazmat suits.  Apparently someone at his job came down with Covid-19, and now he and his whole family must quarantine.   The rest of the family can have the run of the house, but he is in the basement, isolated from everyone else.

I don't know if this means my office is going to be sanitized or not.

While I know this coworker well, and see her daily, she works way across the office from me, probably over 10x the 6 foot 'social distance' that is recommended, so I'm not concerned about having been exposed.

I've just come back from the post office, I'm sure it's an over-reaction, but I wanted to get my auto insurance and rent checks mailed out early, just in case there are delays with delivery.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16426 on: March 23, 2020, 03:48:56 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is hanging in there and doing ok.

First full week of working from home is down, who knows how many more there will be?  I've heard some projections that people may not go back to work until after June.  I guess all  we can do is wait and see.

I'm doing ok over here.  Able to get online and work, so I still have a schedule, and will still be getting a paycheck.

I'm also using Leslie twice a day to stay active.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16427 on: March 25, 2020, 04:04:39 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Where are you all at?  C'mon to my blog and show us all you're ok, and show each other some love!!

Day 10 of working from home.  That total doesn't include weekends, as I don't work weekends.  I will admit that I miss the office and my coworkers, but I do NOT miss the commute.  In fact, I'm working out more because I can do it from home while I monitor my computer for emails.

Between messages on Facebook and texts, it seems that about 4 or 5 people I know have tested positive for Corvid-19.  As far as I know, none of them have an pre-existing conditions and are out of the 'range' of danger, so I'm assuming they will be fine.

I haven't be exposed to any of them  since before this whole mess started, so I am ok.   I am watching myself, just to be safe.

Mom, Dad and Chris are all doing well, we spoke on the phone today, and they're all being careful.

My brother, Michael, is a Lt. on the police force, so he is a first responder, so he's out there daily.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16428 on: March 25, 2020, 09:56:14 pm »
Between messages on Facebook and texts, it seems that about 4 or 5 people I know have tested positive for Corvid-19.

:o

I don't know anybody who has, to my knowledge. If you don't include Amy Klobuchar's husband, who of course I don't know personally.

I haven't seen anybody mention on FB or Twitter having tested positive.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16429 on: March 27, 2020, 05:04:12 am »
:o

I don't know anybody who has, to my knowledge. If you don't include Amy Klobuchar's husband, who of course I don't know personally.

I haven't seen anybody mention on FB or Twitter having tested positive.

Same here.

Where are you all at?  C'mon to my blog and show us all you're ok, and show each other some love!!

There you go:
 :-* one for Chuckie
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*……. for everybody checking in.

Mom, Dad and Chris are all doing well, we spoke on the phone today, and they're all being careful.

That's good to hear.
My in-laws are both over 80 but apparently not as careful as they should be. They go out for grocery shopping way too often, since this is now their main entertainment.