Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8743793 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16850 on: December 24, 2020, 11:18:38 am »
Oh, I didn't know your mother and brother also have it. Double ouch.

Take good care of yourselves and stay alerted if symptoms get worse.
Wishing all of you a speedy recovery!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16851 on: December 24, 2020, 02:25:06 pm »
Oh no, I didn't see that on Facebook! I'm so sorry to hear that, Chuck! I'm sending healing thoughts for your family -- please keep us updated when you can.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16852 on: December 24, 2020, 03:52:39 pm »
((( Chuck and family))))

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16853 on: December 24, 2020, 11:42:45 pm »
Oh, dear God. ... I'm so sorry to hear that.  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16854 on: December 25, 2020, 12:36:47 pm »
Hoping for a turnaround in your health today, friend, and for your mother and brother to feel better too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16855 on: December 25, 2020, 05:31:38 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I Hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their holidays.

We are all hanging in there on our ends.   Today is day 4 for me, Chris and dad with Covid (turns out his negative was false) and mom is day 5.  All symptoms seem to be mild, stuffy nose, mild (and very infrequent) cough.  Fever appears to have broken, and the scratchiness of the throat has left.  So has the fogginess in my head.

I have been keeping myself hydrated, drinking a lot of water, cranberry juice, and orange juice.  I have beein taking Zicam, which is supposed to reduce the duration of colds.  I also have some cough meds, flu meds, and immunity boosters.

I also have an oximeter to measure the amount of oxygen in my blood, and my levels are as they should be.

Spending a quiet Christmas at home, eating chicken soup, and watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16856 on: December 26, 2020, 06:43:24 am »

I Hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their holidays.

We are all hanging in there on our ends.   Today is day 4 for me, Chris and dad with Covid (turns out his negative was false) and mom is day 5.  All symptoms seem to be mild, stuffy nose, mild (and very infrequent) cough.  Fever appears to have broken, and the scratchiness of the throat has left.  So has the fogginess in my head.

I have been keeping myself hydrated, drinking a lot of water, cranberry juice, and orange juice.  I have beein taking Zicam, which is supposed to reduce the duration of colds.  I also have some cough meds, flu meds, and immunity boosters.

I also have an oximeter to measure the amount of oxygen in my blood, and my levels are as they should be.

Spending a quiet Christmas at home, eating chicken soup, and watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

Oh my, I'm very sorry you spent Christmas Day alone. :'( Big hugs, Chuckie!

But it's good to hear you're all holding up ok! Thank you for keeping us posted. Ongoing good wishes coming your way :-*

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16857 on: December 26, 2020, 11:20:44 am »

Glad you and your family seem to be on the upswing! What do you take as immunity boosters?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16858 on: December 26, 2020, 10:18:33 pm »
Glad you and your family seem to be on the upswing!

Ditto!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16859 on: December 26, 2020, 10:57:30 pm »

We have officially made it through Christmas, and now we start the march to New Year's, and saying good bye to this God-awful year we're in now.

In spite of spending Christmas in my apartment, before I tested positive for Covid, I did manage to get everything done that I wanted.  My cards got sent, gifts were given, cookies were baked, and I even managed to go out for a night drive and see all the Christmas lights that I could.

I even watched Hallmark Christmas movies pretty much every day while working.

I have fallen out of the habit of making New Year's resolutions, as I feel they can sometimes set one up for failure.  However, I do believe a new year is a good time to hit the mental 'reset' button and move into the new year with a new frame of mind.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!