Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745852 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16910 on: January 19, 2021, 08:23:53 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I've been away from my blog for 9 days!   Ooops!  I thought I Had been back before today!

I hope everyone is well!

My family continues to improve.  I feel like I'm back to 100% now.  Maybe been there for a few days now.

Chris is still on his oxygen tank, but the oxygen amount continues to be reduced, and he's doing well.

Had the day off yesterday for MLK day.  I stayed at home, except for when I dropped my vehicle off for regular maintanence.

Things are pretty much  the same here.  Nothing major going on.

I took my Valentine's decorations out.  No intentions to hang them yet, it's too soon, but I wanted to test them and make sure they were still working.  I'm glad I checked, one of the hearts was dead.  I ordered a replacement from Amazon, and it should be here for the weekend.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16911 on: January 19, 2021, 08:43:32 pm »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16912 on: January 20, 2021, 10:46:56 am »
one of the hearts was dead.

:'( 

And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?
How can you mend a this broken man?
How can a loser ever win?
Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again

I ordered a replacement from Amazon, and it should be here for the weekend.

:laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16913 on: January 20, 2021, 09:46:19 pm »

Happy Hump Day and Happy Inauguration Day!

;D

Holding on to hope for the future.

As for the replies about the lights dying, I never expected to get such replies.  :laugh:

Since you talked about broken hearts, how about a poppy little video from the 80s?

The Jets were a family band, 8 oldest siblings from the Wolfgramm family.  There were 6 younger siblings who were not in the band.  In their brief time on the charts (4 years) the had two albums that sold a million copies each, and 6 Top 20 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

This was "Cross My Broken Heart".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16914 on: January 22, 2021, 08:51:09 pm »

Weekend is here!

;D

I put my Valentine's Day lights up today, and have them lit as I type.  I went looking for a Valentine's Day thread, but I don't see one.  Perhaps I'll start one.

No big plans for the weekend.  The usual on Sunday, laundry and visit the family.  Other than that, it should be quiet.  Perhaps I'll do some cleaning.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16915 on: January 23, 2021, 02:01:21 am »

I put my Valentine's Day lights up today, and have them lit as I type.  I went looking for a Valentine's Day thread, but I don't see one.  Perhaps I'll start one.

LOL
The last time I celebrated Valentines Day was probably 1981 when I had my only longtime relationship (more than a month but it lasted 18 months) and we went out for dinner.  If all goes to plan this year I will be staying at a place called Punga Cove in the Marlborough Sounds at the top of the South Island. I have booked 3 nights. It is not cheap. Need to leave my car and take an hour and 45 minute ferry trip to get there. There is no cell phone coverage and only limited wifi near the wharf cafe but I do have an A-Frame chalet with ensuite. On Day 1 I plan a 4 hour return  415 metre climb to a lookout. On Day 2 (Feb 14) I plan a 13km walk but mainly at sea level then take the ferry back to my accommodation.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16916 on: January 23, 2021, 10:35:23 am »
Wow, Brian, that is some vigorous hiking! And a fun location overall.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16917 on: January 23, 2021, 10:37:20 am »

Remembering Jackie today.

The last time I celebrated Valentines Day was probably 1981 when I had my only longtime relationship (more than a month but it lasted 18 months) and we went out for dinner.  If all goes to plan this year I will be staying at a place called Punga Cove in the Marlborough Sounds at the top of the South Island. I have booked 3 nights. It is not cheap. Need to leave my car and take an hour and 45 minute ferry trip to get there. There is no cell phone coverage and only limited wifi near the wharf cafe but I do have an A-Frame chalet with ensuite. On Day 1 I plan a 4 hour return  415 metre climb to a lookout. On Day 2 (Feb 14) I plan a 13km walk but mainly at sea level then take the ferry back to my accommodation.

Hello Brian!  I hope your trip goes off smoothly, and you enjoy it.

I celebrate most major holidays.   In the past I've printed up Valentine's cards and left them at the desks of all my female cowokers, along with a small bag of candy that I put together.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16918 on: January 23, 2021, 11:11:39 am »
In the past I've printed up Valentine's cards and left them at the desks of all my female cowokers, along with a small bag of candy that I put together.

:o   :D

You are the world's most thoughtful coworker.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16919 on: January 23, 2021, 12:11:47 pm »

I celebrate most major holidays.   In the past I've printed up Valentine's cards and left them at the desks of all my female cowokers, along with a small bag of candy that I put together.

Don't the boys get jealous?