Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8867696 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16920 on: January 23, 2021, 04:47:51 pm »
Don't the boys get jealous?

That's what I wondered!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16921 on: January 23, 2021, 05:06:12 pm »
I just did some late Christmas baking.  LOL

My niece, Shana, gave me a Christmas gift, cookie ingredients in a Mason jar.  I got it the weekend before Christmas, and intended to make them before the holiday, but then I got Covid.

I didn't want to make "cootie cookies", so I held off until now.  They turned out good.  They're cooling now, can't wait to try them!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16922 on: January 23, 2021, 05:08:36 pm »
  :o   :D

You are the world's most thoughtful coworker.

thank ya!  ;D

Don't the boys get jealous?

That's what I wondered!

Since the majority of them are straight, I'm sure they're happy to not get candy from me.  :laugh:

One of the guys that I work with, who is gay, pretended to be all offended that he wasn't offered one, so I printed out a card for him, and gave him a bag.  He was happy after that.  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16923 on: January 23, 2021, 09:57:23 pm »
Since the majority of them are straight, I'm sure they're happy to not get candy from me.  :laugh:

If they literally DON'T WANT CANDY and it's not because they're cutting carbs, that seems like a problem they need to get over. Next year, I'd maybe give them some whether they like it or not, accompanied by a friendly platonic card. Maybe they'll learn a lesson, or maybe they'll surprise you. A win either way.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16924 on: January 24, 2021, 02:24:09 pm »

If they literally DON'T WANT CANDY and it's not because they're cutting carbs, that seems like a problem they need to get over. Next year, I'd maybe give them some whether they like it or not, accompanied by a friendly platonic card. Maybe they'll learn a lesson, or maybe they'll surprise you. A win either way.

Not for Chuck's finances!  :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16925 on: January 25, 2021, 12:40:21 pm »
Not for Chuck's finances!  :laugh:

Based on Chuck's references to bringing food to events, I imagine if he stopped spending money on them his coworkers would all lose about 10 pounds.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16926 on: January 25, 2021, 03:50:25 pm »
Based on Chuck's references to bringing food to events, I imagine if he stopped spending money on them his coworkers would all lose about 10 pounds.

:laugh:

Plus, Chuck would save a lot of money and become a millionaire in no time.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16927 on: January 25, 2021, 07:14:22 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

The immediate post below was also posted in the Coronavirus thread.  If you read it there, you can skip down.  I'll leave a little bit of a blank space, and then continue more of the post.

just got off the phone with mom.  We have an update on Chris.

Chris had an appointment with a pulmonologist today, to see what's going on with him needing oxygen, as his oxygen levels always seem to drop when he's off oxygen.  As silly as this sounds, I need to go into Chris' past.

When my mother was pregnant with Chris, she started to bleed.  She and dad rushed to the hospital, and the doctors could not find a heartbeat, so they told her she had lost the baby, and gave her medicine to induce labor.

After giving her the meds and waiting, labor hadn't started, they examined, and found Chris' heartbeat.  They immediate gave her another drug to stop the induced labor, and she carried Chris to term.

When Chris was born, he had a concave chest because his chest bones had not fused.  You could see his skin pulsing where his heart was.  He had to have surgery to have a plate put into his chest, to make up for the lost bone.  Part of this procedure (because medicine was not as advanced as it is now) resulted in Chris having part of his lungs removed to accommodate future bone growth and the plate.

The pulmonologist explained that Chris has never had full lung capacity because of this surgery, so that's why his levels drop when he's off the oxygen.

She has cleared him to go back to work, and she's ordered a portable oxygen machine for him.  She also recommended that the machine be dropped down again to a lower level.  She also explained to him that going forward, if he ever gets a virus or pneumonia, he will most likely need oxygen again.

He contacted his job, and they will have a position open for him in March, that will be Monday - Friday, full-time hours, and it's not a problem for him to take his portable oxygen tank, if he needs it.

Y'all are just having fun talking about my baking habits and finances.   With the food that I do bring there, the guys can miss out on Valentine's Day.  In fact, they should be giving me stuff!  So there!  LOL

It wasn't too busy today with work, so I was able to get some reorganizing done in my utility closet, and putting other things away.

I got a package on Saturday from my job.  The company wanted to give their employees a 'thank you' for doing all that we have during the pandemic and working from home, so they gave us all a $25.00 credit to a store that sells items with our company logo on it, and we have until next week to spend it.

(I fought to contain my exictement - ::) )

I went to the site and found three canvas bags that have the company logo on it, and they arrived on Saturday.  I'll use them for grocery shopping.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16928 on: January 25, 2021, 07:17:11 pm »
I get paid again on Friday, and I want to replace my shower curtian.

It's 8 years old now, and showing its age.  It's clean, but there is yellowing and other defects now, so it's time to replace it.

For those who need a reminder, I had this shower curtain.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16929 on: January 25, 2021, 07:18:13 pm »
I think I found a great replacement.