Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735485 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16960 on: February 02, 2021, 01:59:13 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

People here know that I love snow and winter.

::)

There is easily 18 to 24 inches out there.  I just spent 40 minutes digging out half of my car.  I'll try for the other half later.

Remember that scene from Brokeback where Jack yells out "Fuck Aguirre!"   Well.....Fuck the snow!!!

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16961 on: February 02, 2021, 02:05:54 pm »
Damn!  Take it easy out there, Chuck.  Does the apartment management plow the parking lot?  You don't want to get snowed in again  >:(
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16962 on: February 02, 2021, 03:09:55 pm »
Remember that scene from Brokeback where Jack yells out "Fuck Aguirre!"   Well.....Fuck the snow!!!

Sounds like the snow is going to stick more than an hour, too.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16963 on: February 02, 2021, 03:16:21 pm »
But.....aren't you happy about the snow?

You love snow!!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16964 on: February 04, 2021, 12:24:30 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I had some good luck today. 

The past two days I was too busy to get out and shovel out my car all the way.  I was working on a monster report that was due end of day yesterday.  As a result, I was working until dark, and couldn't get out to clean the car.   I got maybe about half of it cleared the first day after the snowstorm.

At 9:30 this morning I went outside with a shovel and snow brush to finish on the car.  About 15 minutes in, the property maintenance crew showed up, and they told me that I should move my car to the empty spot next to mine, and push the snow into my usual spot, and they would use their snow blower to clear the snow for me.

Talk about good timing!

The Monster Report I have to submit and contend with on a monthly basis is done as of yesterday, so now I can relax a bit for work.

Today has been busy regarding work, in respect with calls.  I had a call earlier today, I have a virtual call now (I'm listening on the laptop while typing here on my personal desktop) and then at noon I have a third call.

I believe I have two for tomorrow too.  ::)

Damn!  Take it easy out there, Chuck.  Does the apartment management plow the parking lot?  You don't want to get snowed in again  >:(

Yes, they blow the lot.  Thankfully, the way they do it doesn't seem to snow us under.  They plow the center of the lot, and then come in with smaller snow blowers and remove the piles that were created by the snowplow, and they clean a thin strip between the parked cars, but they can't get too close as they don't want to damage the cars.  So the tenants still have to clean off their cars and the snow immediately around the cars.

Sounds like the snow is going to stick more than an hour, too.

Oh yeah, still a lot of snow on the ground.  It will be here for a while.

But.....aren't you happy about the snow?    You love snow!!

I'm happy about the snow, I do love snow.  HOWEVER, I'd rather have 4 storms of 6 inches each, than one storm with 2 feet at once!  lmao!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16965 on: February 04, 2021, 12:48:32 pm »
Yes, they blow the lot.

Uh. ... Too much sharing?  ???  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16966 on: February 04, 2021, 01:37:44 pm »
pervert

:laugh:

Offline morrobay

« Reply #16967 on: February 04, 2021, 01:53:56 pm »
Hi Chuck, good that they have snow plows to help the residents.  And glad you're finished with your monster report.  How long do your virtual meetings last, and do they use Zoom?   We started out using Webex but they just phased that out and now we use MS Teams.  They rolled it out last year and it took a LONG time to get used to, everyone hated it, but now it's not so bad.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16968 on: February 04, 2021, 02:39:48 pm »
Hi Chuck, good that they have snow plows to help the residents.  And glad you're finished with your monster report.  How long do your virtual meetings last, and do they use Zoom?   We started out using Webex but they just phased that out and now we use MS Teams.  They rolled it out last year and it took a LONG time to get used to, everyone hated it, but now it's not so bad.

That's exactly what happened where I work. They said Webex was too expensive. Just when I was getting comfortable with it, they switched to Teams. I can't really say I hate it because all I have to do is show up, at least for now, and so far I can handle that. I'm too far down on the totem pole to have to schedule meetings.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #16969 on: February 04, 2021, 03:17:43 pm »
Teams meetings are great, it's the files we have to update and maintain that gave us hell in the beginning.  Multiple people are supposed to be able to update the same file at the same time - well, that didn't work.  Data was disappearing and it was really slow at first.  Haven't noticed that for a while now, not sure what they did, but it seems to be working...it's still cumbersome though, especially when you're used to Excel.