Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738871 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17050 on: March 17, 2021, 01:46:47 pm »
I don't think of bleach as super dangerous. Of course, you don't want to inject it or drink it, despite what the president of the United States might be a good cure for COVID. And you don't want to use it anywhere near ammonia.

But I keep a spray bottle with a weak bleach/water mixture for sanitizing. I don't use it a lot for COVID prevention, but if for example I opened a package of raw chicken and some blood got on the counter, I would sanitize it with a spritz from that bottle. Much safer than Lysol or similar products.

In the bathroom I use Soft Scrub with bleach. I don't use many cleaning products otherwise; I just use microfiber cloths. To be fair, your homes might all be cleaner than mine, but that's at least as much due to my laziness and dislike for housework as it is cleaning products.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17051 on: March 17, 2021, 03:47:58 pm »
In the bathroom I use Soft Scrub with bleach. I don't use many cleaning products otherwise; I just use microfiber cloths. To be fair, your homes might all be cleaner than mine, but that's at least as much due to my laziness and dislike for housework as it is cleaning products.

Not mine, for sure. My mother would be terribly disappointed if she knew what a terrible housekeeper I am.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17052 on: March 17, 2021, 04:04:29 pm »
I do not think anyone here would use the term 'bleach' unless we were actually using bleach. Having once ruined a good jumper (jersey or whatever you call it) when I should have changed my clothes before scrubbing, I do avoid the stuff.  We use Jif (called Cif in UK/Europe not sure about USA). It is labelled 'does not contain bleach' and while not recommended it will not harm if ingested (nor cure Covid)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17053 on: March 18, 2021, 09:45:41 am »
Not mine, for sure. My mother would be terribly disappointed if she knew what a terrible housekeeper I am.

:o  I assumed you were a good housekeeper, not because you provide details of your meticulous cleaning plans as Chuck does, but because you use dusting spray.

My own mother would probably be OK with my house; her house was in decent shape but she wasn't really into cleaning either. Now my ex-mother-in-law, on the other hand ...  ::)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17054 on: March 18, 2021, 09:47:22 am »
I do not think anyone here would use the term 'bleach' unless we were actually using bleach. Having once ruined a good jumper (jersey or whatever you call it) when I should have changed my clothes before scrubbing, I do avoid the stuff.  We use Jif (called Cif in UK/Europe not sure about USA). It is labelled 'does not contain bleach' and while not recommended it will not harm if ingested (nor cure Covid)

Oh, I always change into raggedy clothes when I'm using a product that contains bleach. Or at least I'm very careful to keep it at a distance from my clothes.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17055 on: March 18, 2021, 10:01:05 am »
:o  I assumed you were a good housekeeper, not because you provide details of your meticulous cleaning plans as Chuck does, but because you use dusting spray.

Oh, no. That would be a false assumption.

Plus, I assume where I live, right in the very center of city, has some effect on cleanliness. So often it seems that as soon as I finish dusting a room, it needs dusting again.  >:(  It isn't that way at my dad's place.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17056 on: March 18, 2021, 03:09:17 pm »
Oh, no. That would be a false assumption.

Plus, I assume where I live, right in the very center of city, has some effect on cleanliness. So often it seems that as soon as I finish dusting a room, it needs dusting again.  >:(  It isn't that way at my dad's place.

Well, because I have a dog and am a terrible housekeeper, I often glance underneath a table, for example, and think, wow, that is REALLY dusty. And then keep walking

Dogs shed so much it's like I have to dust practically every six months!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17057 on: March 18, 2021, 09:31:30 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

another productive spring cleaning day.

Mopped the kitchen floor
mopped the bathroom floor
I treated the bathroom with bug repellant.  Last year, I got some ants there, and used a spray that property management gave me, no smell, and worked after just one application.
I found online that wasps/hornets don't like the smell of peppermint, so I made a simple spray with water and peppermint extract.  I treated my a/c unit, which is where they're getting in.
I also used the repellant on the doors of the a/c unit, and then used packaging tape to seal any cracks around the doors and where the doors meet.
After that, made a door stopper from an unused table cloth.  Rolled it up, put it inside the doors, shut them, rolled up what was left and have it against the bottom of the door, so nothing can crawl under.
finally, I cleaned refrigerator, took everything out of it, and wiped down any shelves, drawers and the door.

I saw my brother, Michael, yesterday.  He came over for a belated birthday dinner.  He turned 50, but with all that's going on, we couldn't do his birthday in a big way.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch this weekend.  We were supposed to meet during the week, but today and tomorrow are/will be wet and cool.  Saturday will be sunny and warmer, so we'll meet then, and have lunch on her front porch.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17058 on: March 18, 2021, 09:43:27 pm »
To be fair, your homes might all be cleaner than mine, but that's at least as much due to my laziness and dislike for housework as it is cleaning products.

I'm sure that your homes are not as 'terrible' as you think they are.  We all tend to be our own worst critics.

I don't have a strong dislike for any particular cleaning products, but I do like lemon scented ones.  Oh, and I use Pine Sol when I mop, it's got a great, pine scent.

I am happy to say that I don't know anyone who ingested any cleaning products to cure Covid.   :laugh:

As for Jif, here, that's a peanut butter.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17059 on: March 19, 2021, 03:15:35 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

another productive spring cleaning day.

Mopped the kitchen floor
mopped the bathroom floor
I treated the bathroom with bug repellant.  Last year, I got some ants there, and used a spray that property management gave me, no smell, and worked after just one application.
I found online that wasps/hornets don't like the smell of peppermint, so I made a simple spray with water and peppermint extract.  I treated my a/c unit, which is where they're getting in.
I also used the repellant on the doors of the a/c unit, and then used packaging tape to seal any cracks around the doors and where the doors meet.
After that, made a door stopper from an unused table cloth.  Rolled it up, put it inside the doors, shut them, rolled up what was left and have it against the bottom of the door, so nothing can crawl under.
finally, I cleaned refrigerator, took everything out of it, and wiped down any shelves, drawers and the door.

I saw my brother, Michael, yesterday.  He came over for a belated birthday dinner.  He turned 50, but with all that's going on, we couldn't do his birthday in a big way.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch this weekend.  We were supposed to meet during the week, but today and tomorrow are/will be wet and cool.  Saturday will be sunny and warmer, so we'll meet then, and have lunch on her front porch.

How were you able to put a table cloth door stopper inside the door after you already sealed it with tape???

Are you a witch? A magician?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre