Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8737665 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17220 on: June 24, 2021, 06:45:11 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope that everyone has been well!

It's been a busy week here, a lot of work-related stuff going on, and getting other stuff done.

Mom had her cataracts procedure on her second eye on Tuesday, and she's still adjusting.   She hates the drops she has to put in her eyes, because she seems to miss her eye a few times before getting it in.  LOL

She's also been wearing sunglasses, because colors look so vibrant to her now, and she's trying to get used to it.

After the busy weekend last weekend, I'm happy to say I have no plans this weekend.  ;D  Maybe I'll do some reading!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17221 on: July 04, 2021, 03:46:56 pm »

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday was a busy day.   I went out with my family for lunch.  We were celebrating my brother's (Mike) promotion to Captain on the police force.  We went to an Italian place, and stayed for about two hours.   It was easier for us all to go in one car, so I drove my mom, dad and brother Chris up to the restaurant, where we met Mike and Michelle, my niece Shana and Derek, and my grand nephew, Trenton.

;D

After that, I took mom and dad home, and decided that I would stay there and do the laundry, so I was at mom and dad's yesterday until about 8:00.

Today I slept in, and did some light cleaning around the apartment, and for the rest of the day, I'll rest.  Tomorrow I'm off for the observance of July 4th, so I have an extra day.

Thought you may enjoy my 4th of July Facebook greeting today, which reflects my strange sense of humor.

Happy 4th of July to everyone who celebrates!
Hope you have fun at the family BBQ!

For those unfamiliar with the scene above, it's from Night of the Living Dead.  Just before this scene, Harry (the man) is shot and stumbles down to the basement where his sick daughter (Karen) is.  He gets to her, and dies.

When we see them again, it's in the scene above.  Karen has reanimated (she died before he came down to the basement), and is eating her father's arm.  Hence my line "fun at the family BBQ".

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17222 on: July 04, 2021, 05:10:18 pm »
Some very strange family traditions y'all have over there  ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17223 on: July 09, 2021, 08:40:41 pm »

TGIF to you all!

Well, some changes are going on at work!   We were given word that we are going back to the office as of Monday, but in a 'hybrid' stage.  They want limited people in the office at a time, so they are asking that people alternate their shifts at the office. 

Example, there are three people in my area who are Relationship Officers,  me, "Jack" and "Jill".  So I'll go in Monday, Jane on Tuesday, Jack on Wednesday, me on Thrusday, and Jane on Friday.  Then, the following week, we start with Jack on Monday, me on Tuesday, Jane on Wednesday, Jack on Thursday, and me on Friday and so on and so on.

We'll continue this way until they decide we're back in the office full time.  Not sure when that will be.   I went to my closet, and my clothes are ready to go, and they still fit.  In fact, the pants are a little loose.

After that, we were told that we can add an extra 30 minutes of work to our schedules, and then, every other Friday, leave at half day.  So this week (today) I shut down at 1:00.  Next week, I'll work the full Friday, and Pamela will have the opportunity to leave early.

Saturday (tomorrow) I'm going over to my friends' house for dinner, and I've been asked to bring desserts.  I'm going to bring some mini Italian pastries and cannoli.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17224 on: July 15, 2021, 07:01:30 pm »

I hope everyone is doing well!

Tell me, what's going on with you all?

This week is the first week of me going back to the office.  I was there Monday, Wednesday, and will be there tomorrow.  It went well, and it was good to see some coworkers again.

I saw my friends' on Saturday, and had a good time.  It was nice to catch up.  One of my friends invited her nieces, and I hadn't seen them in about 10 years.  They've turned into great women, and have families of their own.

Tomorrow is my coworker Maria's bday, but she won't be in, so when she was in the office yesterday, I took her out to lunch.

This weekend is going to be a quiet one, with the exception of having the plumber come over on Saturday.  My faucet in the bathtub is dripping, so it needs to be fixed.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17225 on: July 16, 2021, 09:54:45 am »
How nice that you are able to get together with friends, family, and coworkers! As we reenter society, I hope we all have a new appreciation for the benefits of gathering as a community. I know you do, Chuck! This is my birthday week and I was trying to get together with friend EDelMar to celebrate. I had picked out a restaurant that was halfway in between us. Just when it was time to drive over there, a rainstorm started. Not a downpour but a steady rain for nearly 10 minutes. So we moved the date to the next evening. I arrived at the restaurant but my friend wasn't there. He was stuck in rush hour traffic (It was almost 7 pm) and decided to turn around. I wasn't able to get together with R. either, because he doesn't feel well. So, I'm looking forward to gathering with my family today and tomorrow. Sunday, I take off for Wyoming. Yee-haw!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17226 on: July 16, 2021, 03:27:57 pm »
Chuck, your coworkers are very lucky people! Remember to tell me when a job opens there.

This is my birthday week

Happy birthweek!

Sunday, I take off for Wyoming. Yee-haw!

What's happening up there?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17227 on: July 18, 2021, 01:01:00 pm »

This weekend is going to be a quiet one, with the exception of having the plumber come over on Saturday.  My faucet in the bathtub is dripping, so it needs to be fixed.
:o :o :o :o

Oh no!!!!!!

Does the poor man know what he's in for?

Talk about occupational hazard!!

You might as well call an ambulance the minute he rings your doorbell!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17228 on: July 18, 2021, 05:30:23 pm »
:o :o :o :o

Oh no!!!!!!

Does the poor man know what he's in for?

Talk about occupational hazard!!

You might as well call an ambulance the minute he rings your doorbell!

😄😄😄

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17229 on: July 19, 2021, 10:15:41 pm »

First day of staycation today, and it was a good one.  I slept in, got some stuff done, and now I'm relaxing for the rest of the evening.

I'll be meeting a friend for lunch or dinner on Friday.  I'm leaving it up to her, and whatever fits her schedule better.

Other than that, things are pretty quiet and status quo.