Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735107 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17270 on: August 10, 2021, 06:28:21 pm »
Remember, he is on his best behavior and trying to make a good impression. Think about what it would be like if he were his natural self!

I know, I wondered about that!

I have a FB friend -- whom I believe you have become friends with, too, Lee -- who very frequently posts strongly stated messages against conservative things, like Trump. She met a guy on a computer dating site and saw him for several months (!) before finding out he's a Trump supporter and even into QAnon, etc. (She's been very public about this experience, so I'm not disclosing private info.) How does that even happen? I can't believe, especially considering her politics, that it didn't come up on their first date.

In the case of John, it's an awkward situation because I actually would be happy to help him around -- he needs a lot of help, it turns out. But as for romantic involvement, no. Just no.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17271 on: August 10, 2021, 09:16:18 pm »
He thinks most unvaccinated people are Black. No. Most unvaccinated people are Republicans.

:laugh:  (Are you sure that's not a liberal myth?  ;D )

:laugh:  Kaiser Family Foundation has stats!

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17272 on: August 11, 2021, 02:15:49 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

So, going back to the office occasionally gives me back something I hadn't had in my life since before the pandemic.

Office drama.

::)

I don't mean to be vague, but I don't want to put any names or info out there.   How to put this........

A coworker tried to help a customer by preparing a letter.   We have a department that prepares this type of letter, but the coworker opted to do it herself.   Apparently there was a discrepancy in the letter, and a fee was not calculated.

Not a big deal, but this coworker does not take criticism well, and proceeded to take it as people were questioning her ability to do her job.   This caused her to have a meltdown at the office, she opened it up to people who had no business knowing about it, and then started to cry at her cubicle.

I sat there, dumbfounded.  Of course, this meant I had to go into "support" mode and try to calm her down, which meant I was taken away from my work in an effort to help with this mess.

::)

I'm just glad the big bosses were not in the office.  If they witnessed that mess, who knows what would've happened.

speaking of work, one of the "big bosses" will be in town this Thursday, and we're going to a happy hour event from 5 - 7 at a local club.

I'll be meeting friends for dinner on Saturday, that should be fun.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17273 on: August 11, 2021, 02:17:29 pm »
Interesting to see what can spur on a conversation here!   An apartment gathering for Katy led to talks of blindness, and conservatism and vaccines.

and LOL at the comments about the liberals getting Katy!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17274 on: August 11, 2021, 04:32:46 pm »
Another aspect of that was people's understanding of news. When I sent John the links to stories debunking his claims he said he was skeptical of news because it's too subjective. >:(  He goes, "I don't think most liberals would want to get their news from Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson."

No, they wouldn't, but if they're smart neither would conservatives, and progressives wouldn't want to get theirs from Rachel Maddow or Chris Cuomo. They should want to get it from a news reporter trying to be as neutral as possible -- not a pundit/commentator paid to represent a specific political perspective.

I get so tired of people not understanding the difference. I have no problem with Maddow, et al. -- in fact enjoy watching them occasionally (Hannity and Tucker are, of course, another story). But there's a time and place for commentary and it shouldn't be confused with news reporting.  >:(

So tonight John has invited me to dinner again. That would be going a bit too fast for me even if he weren't conservative. My suspicion is he's pretty desperate to get a new girlfriend because he needs the support. I sympathize, but I don't think it's me. I'm going to suggest a drink on the roof instead.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17275 on: August 15, 2021, 01:59:51 pm »
Yesterday afternoon I heard Chuck's favorite song on the radio. Oh, the humanity. ...  :laugh:

It's odd, though. The radio station is "all Eighties," but yesterday afternoon the DJs were saying that this weekend they were doing all Nineties hits. Then they played my beloved "Summer of '69," by Bryan Adams, which came out in 1984 or thereabouts.

They also played Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" (another favorite of mine). I haven't looked that up, by I'd swear that was farther back in time than the Nineties.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17276 on: August 16, 2021, 03:11:37 pm »
Yesterday afternoon I heard Chuck's favorite song on the radio. Oh, the humanity. ...  :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17277 on: August 16, 2021, 10:30:30 pm »
LOL!  :laugh:
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17278 on: August 16, 2021, 10:31:45 pm »
.... I sympathize, but I don't think it's me. I'm going to suggest a drink on the roof instead.

Don't do it! Take a cue from my experience, that will only embolden him!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17279 on: August 17, 2021, 11:33:29 am »
Don't do it! Take a cue from my experience, that will only embolden him!

I wouldn't do it, either. Be polite and friendly (and help out in emergencies?), but maintain a certain distance.