Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744348 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17280 on: August 17, 2021, 12:43:00 pm »
Don't do it! Take a cue from my experience, that will only embolden him!

Well, I've been developing a small network of friends in the building and introducing them all to John so he won't have to rely on me entirely, and they go up for drinks on the roof, too.

If I ever have to confront the romance issue, I'll just point out that we wouldn't be a good fit. We get along fine and conversation is enjoyable enough but he's MUCH more traditional and conservative -- not just politically but in a lot of ways -- than I am.

BTW, Lee, speaking of John -- but in this case my brother John -- he and I talked for a few hours on the phone last night and I told him that if I ever disappear from the internet he'd be getting a call from you.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17281 on: August 18, 2021, 11:52:48 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Things have been busy here, but I've been staying on top everything, so I'm happy about that.

The family is doing well, so that's good.

What's up with you all?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17282 on: August 18, 2021, 11:54:28 pm »
So tonight John has invited me to dinner again. That would be going a bit too fast for me even if he weren't conservative. My suspicion is he's pretty desperate to get a new girlfriend because he needs the support. I sympathize, but I don't think it's me. I'm going to suggest a drink on the roof instead.

I agree with your assessment, that he's looking for someone to help him with day - to - day stuff.   I would maintain a friendly distance if you're not interested.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17283 on: August 18, 2021, 11:56:55 pm »
Yesterday afternoon I heard Chuck's favorite song on the radio. Oh, the humanity. ...  :laugh:

Ya know, Nena had other songs, they just didn't catch on over here.  I always liked this one too.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17284 on: August 18, 2021, 11:58:35 pm »
Well, I've been developing a small network of friends in the building and introducing them all to John so he won't have to rely on me entirely, and they go up for drinks on the roof, too.

If I ever have to confront the romance issue, I'll just point out that we wouldn't be a good fit. We get along fine and conversation is enjoyable enough but he's MUCH more traditional and conservative -- not just politically but in a lot of ways -- than I am.

BTW, Lee, speaking of John -- but in this case my brother John -- he and I talked for a few hours on the phone last night and I told him that if I ever disappear from the internet he'd be getting a call from you.

You could always just start to speak to John about the large circle of gay men you've met through a Brokeback fan site, and see what his reaction is.  If that doesn't put him off, just mention hating Trump and liking Rachael Maddow.

:laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17285 on: August 19, 2021, 12:05:28 pm »

Maybe you could PM me his number, just in case!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17286 on: August 19, 2021, 01:18:12 pm »
Things have been busy here, but I've been staying on top everything, so I'm happy about that.
Where've you been? Here and there? Having a piece of pie at the bus station?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17287 on: August 19, 2021, 02:15:37 pm »

You could always just start to speak to John about the large circle of gay men you've met through a Brokeback fan site, and see what his reaction is.  If that doesn't put him off, just mention hating Trump and liking Rachael Maddow.

:laugh:

Oh, don't worry! I've made my own political preferences clear. I've even given him my standard lectures about inheritance tax and the economy's need for immigrants.  :laugh: (I'm such a fun dinner companion!)

I don't mind being casual friends with him or helping him out. He's reasonably intelligent and easygoing. But for anything beyond that, a Trump vote is a deal breaker. Especially if the person also thinks it's perfectly reasonable for rich kids to inherit $11 million without paying a penny of tax while kids from middle-class or lower families wind up inheriting zero because their parent needed long-term care that's so expensive they had to go on Medicaid and spend down all their money because the rich person's money "has already been taxed" ( ::) don't get me started on how money gets taxed when it changes hands, not once and for all!).

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17288 on: August 19, 2021, 02:16:53 pm »
Maybe you could PM me his number, just in case!

I did!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17289 on: August 26, 2021, 08:07:52 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

It's been a while since I've been here!

I always seem to get caught up in stuff online, and I don't get here often enough!

*slaps own wrist*

So, everyone, what's going on?

I had dinner with friends last Saturday,  saw some people who I hadn't seen since the pandemic.   They served some ziti and chicken parm.  Really good.

I got a chocolate pound cake with a chocolate ganache on top for dessert.

My family is doing well, and we're going to meet up on Saturday for my niece's birthday.  That should be fun.

This summer at work they started doing "flex hours", meaning that I could work an extra half hour each day, and then on every other Friday, leave at noon.  Tomorrow is my latest "flex Friday".

Next week the bowling league is meeting for the first time since the pandemic, and then the week after is our first official week of bowling, so it will be good to see everyone again.

:)