Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 5567465 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17320 on: October 13, 2021, 11:41:20 am »
I've heard that there is snow already in Colorado.

One of the most notorious blizzards in Minneapolis history involved 18" (not a typo!) on HALLOWEEN (also not a typo!) -- i.e., less than three weeks from now.

Luckily, I wasn't living here at the time.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17321 on: October 13, 2021, 12:05:47 pm »
One of the most notorious blizzards in Minneapolis history involved 18" (not a typo!) on HALLOWEEN (also not a typo!) -- i.e., less than three weeks from now.

Luckily, I wasn't living here at the time.

No blizzard, but I can remember having light snow while we were driving to my grandmother's on Halloween. On the other end, my mother used to tell me there was snow on the day we moved into the house where I was raised--that was on May 1!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17322 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »
In 2011 we had snow on October 29.  It caused MAJOR issues.   The trees had not lost their leaves yet, so the leave caught all the snow, and branches broke off and fell, taking down powerlines and causing a lot of property damage.

It was the Halloween Nor'easter

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17323 on: Yesterday at 04:58:26 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

This week I'm on 'stay-cation'!  ;D   

Got to sleep in this morning, and got some cleaning done around the apartment. 

My desktop is starting to act up, so I contacted a guy I know who works on computers and he's going to work on mine, possibly tonight.   He hasn't confirmed yet.

This beast was working fine until one point this morning.  It is about 8 years old, so I'm not surprised it's acting up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!