Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8845203 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17320 on: October 13, 2021, 12:05:47 pm »
One of the most notorious blizzards in Minneapolis history involved 18" (not a typo!) on HALLOWEEN (also not a typo!) -- i.e., less than three weeks from now.

Luckily, I wasn't living here at the time.

No blizzard, but I can remember having light snow while we were driving to my grandmother's on Halloween. On the other end, my mother used to tell me there was snow on the day we moved into the house where I was raised--that was on May 1!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17321 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »
In 2011 we had snow on October 29.  It caused MAJOR issues.   The trees had not lost their leaves yet, so the leave caught all the snow, and branches broke off and fell, taking down powerlines and causing a lot of property damage.

It was the Halloween Nor'easter

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17322 on: October 18, 2021, 04:58:26 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

This week I'm on 'stay-cation'!  ;D   

Got to sleep in this morning, and got some cleaning done around the apartment. 

My desktop is starting to act up, so I contacted a guy I know who works on computers and he's going to work on mine, possibly tonight.   He hasn't confirmed yet.

This beast was working fine until one point this morning.  It is about 8 years old, so I'm not surprised it's acting up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17323 on: October 20, 2021, 04:18:43 pm »

Happy hump day!    ;D

I just found out I'm moving back home!    :o

Not permanently, it's a temporary situation.   I've been having issues with the faucet in the bathtub leaking, and the plumber took at look at things, and sent pics to the property owner.   My bathroom is functional, but looks like hell.  Paint is pealing, the vanity is not in the best shape, there are some cracked tiles near the floor.  I never said anything, because it's all just cosmetic.

Property owner has decided I need a whole new bathroom!   It will take about 10 days, which means no shower or toilet, so I'm gonna have to move back home for a bit.

I have to schedule with the plumber to get this done.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17324 on: October 20, 2021, 04:28:05 pm »
Oh, I bet it's gonna look nice!

Esp if you decide on a new decor after the renovation... ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17325 on: October 20, 2021, 07:51:01 pm »
Oh dear...but it will be nice to have a new bathroom!

Will you be Cellardweller once more?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17326 on: October 20, 2021, 09:11:22 pm »
Ten days? That's absurd. When I redid my bathroom, it only took about four or five, and I was without a toilet for only about a 24-hour period.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17327 on: October 21, 2021, 02:58:06 pm »
Will your rent stay the same, or will the landlord see their chance to raise it?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17328 on: October 21, 2021, 04:03:37 pm »

Stay-cation passes too quickly!  :laugh:

So, my desktop is limping towards the finish line.   :laugh:   The family friend who is a techie was not able to help me, he said my hard drive is just about done.   Thankfully, I was able to move all of my pictures and docs to an external hard drive, so they are safe.   I also made copies of all my bookmarks, so I can set them up in the new computer.

I went out and got a new monitor today, and he is coming to set up the new comp for me tomorrow evening.

So that means I'll need to spend some time making sure the apartment is clean, but since I did a recent cleaning earlier in the week, that shouldn't be too much to do.

I'm also meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, and then picking up groceries at 7:00, after he leaves.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17329 on: October 21, 2021, 04:08:18 pm »
Oh, I bet it's gonna look nice!

Esp if you decide on a new decor after the renovation... ::)

My decor will stay the same, thank you very much!

Oh dear...but it will be nice to have a new bathroom!

Will you be Cellardweller once more?

Nope, I'll be in the spare bedroom, on the second floor.  I'm only a cellar dweller online.  ;D

Ten days? That's absurd. When I redid my bathroom, it only took about four or five, and I was without a toilet for only about a 24-hour period.

I know nothing about the ins and outs of bathroom replacement, and since it's not my property,  I'm not too worried about it.  As long as it's done as timely as possible, and correctly, I'm good with that.

Will your rent stay the same, or will the landlord see their chance to raise it?

I signed a lease, so the rent is set until May of next year.   What they choose to do at that point, I don't know, but I'm sure it won't be raised by much.  Each year I've been here, the rent has been increased by $5.00 or $10.00.