Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744928 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17690 on: October 18, 2022, 08:45:47 am »
I get about 5 weeks a year vacation.

Good for you! I guess that means at 25 years you're an old-timer at your job.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17691 on: October 18, 2022, 08:00:20 pm »
I get between 6 and 7 weeks, but it has to cover holidays and sick days, too. (I say between 6 and 7 because I just divided the total hours by 8 and I got a little over 38 days, but some are carried over from last year.) Did we just talk about this? It sounds familiar.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17692 on: October 19, 2022, 03:00:23 pm »
Good for you! I guess that means at 25 years you're an old-timer at your job.  8)

I know a few people who have 30 or more years there.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17693 on: October 19, 2022, 03:22:47 pm »
I have 32 vacation days a year.
They are totally unrelated to holidays or sick time.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17694 on: October 20, 2022, 10:53:36 am »
Another example of Viking economics in action! Let's appoint a Swede as National Economic Advisor. While we're at it, let's bring in a Swede for the next British Prime Minister!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17695 on: October 20, 2022, 03:54:05 pm »
Great idea, Lee!

I'm available for both positions, as long as I can keep my 32 days!  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17696 on: October 23, 2022, 11:15:35 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Back to work tomorrow!    >:(   All good things come to an end.

I had a nice vacation.  I got some relaxation in,  I watched a number of horror movies to get me into the Halloween spirit, was out with friends on Saturday the 15th, got come cleaning done around the apartment, got some shopping done, went out for lunch once, and yesterday went out to Haunt O Ween with the family.

Haunt O Ween was an outdoor event that was "family friendly" so no major scares, to avoid frightening little kids.

I posted pics in the Celebrating Halloween thread, you can see them here.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,53527.msg720538.html#msg720538

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17697 on: October 23, 2022, 12:58:23 pm »
Still doing yard work to get my property ready for winter. I was out mowing yesterday evening and ran over the extension cord, breaking it, so maybe mowing is done for the season. I was primarily mowing to gather up all the leaves to make a nice mulch. I'm not mowing where i planted new grass as it is still too young and tender. Watering it 2-3 times a day so it is always hydrated.

I got smart this year and put netting over my pond so it would not be choked with leaves. In my spare time I'm making 24 wisteria wreathes for daughter's class to decorate. Have to have that done by mid-November. First I cut and braid the wisteria into a rough circular shape and then put them in a washtub so they will dry perfectly round. Once that happens, I spread them out so they can dry some more and the leaves fall off. They need to cure for at least 2 weeks.

Another chore is to bring all the plants in. Before I started that, I mopped the sunroom and all the other floors upstairs and cleaned the baseboards. The new windows and patio door and clean floors really spiffed it up. I'm trying to clean all the pots and saucers before I bring them into the sunroom. When did I get so many plants? It's a mystery. I'm taking the afternoon off to go to a performance of Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit. It has a spooky theme but I doubt if it would appear on one of your lists!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17698 on: October 30, 2022, 11:15:16 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Halloween is tomorrow!  ;D

I went out to two different Halloween parties, at the second one I took pics around the home to show you the decor.  you can see them in the Halloween thread.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,53527.msg720658.html#msg720658

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17699 on: October 30, 2022, 11:17:51 am »
Still doing yard work to get my property ready for winter. I was out mowing yesterday evening and ran over the extension cord, breaking it, so maybe mowing is done for the season. I was primarily mowing to gather up all the leaves to make a nice mulch. I'm not mowing where i planted new grass as it is still too young and tender. Watering it 2-3 times a day so it is always hydrated.

I got smart this year and put netting over my pond so it would not be choked with leaves. In my spare time I'm making 24 wisteria wreathes for daughter's class to decorate. Have to have that done by mid-November. First I cut and braid the wisteria into a rough circular shape and then put them in a washtub so they will dry perfectly round. Once that happens, I spread them out so they can dry some more and the leaves fall off. They need to cure for at least 2 weeks.

Another chore is to bring all the plants in. Before I started that, I mopped the sunroom and all the other floors upstairs and cleaned the baseboards. The new windows and patio door and clean floors really spiffed it up. I'm trying to clean all the pots and saucers before I bring them into the sunroom. When did I get so many plants? It's a mystery. I'm taking the afternoon off to go to a performance of Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit. It has a spooky theme but I doubt if it would appear on one of your lists!

Hiya Lee!  Sounds like you've been busy!  How is it going with the wreaths?   Are you nearly done with them?