Author Topic: How to replace too much booze in the gay world??  (Read 27995 times)

moremojo

Re: How to replace too much booze in the gay world??
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 06:55:25 pm »
What do you think guys??
I think we're all on the same wavelength and on the right path, Artiste.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 07:02:51 pm »

Everyone that knows me knows I love hugs.  And I agree with you they are a great way to
connect to others.  You give and receive at the same time.  How better can we do in this life.
My maternal grandmother taught me to hug...Man oh man could she hug....

Heres a big hug for all !!!!!!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS++++++++++++++++++++++}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}   

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 07:13:37 pm »
Wonderful, wonderful you guys!!

It used to be seen were some articles against poppers as possibly helping AIDS! Maybe gay organisations should or could accentuate thus again?? Plus that of booze.

I recall that Coors beer was ANTI-GAY firing gay men who worked for them; I know that this booze nut had to re-think their ways because we gays boycotted them and Coors nearly went under!! I wonder why gay men purchase now that booze? I do not anymore.

Do you think our gay organisations should tell about booze??

Hugs!!

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 07:37:27 pm »

Everyone that knows me knows I love hugs.  And I agree with you they are a great way to
connect to others.  You give and receive at the same time.  How better can we do in this life.
My maternal grandmother taught me to hug...Man oh man could she hug....

Heres a big hug for all !!!!!!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS++++++++++++++++++++++}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}   

Thanks Janice,

Ain't Gramma's great!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 07:50:01 pm »
Wow!

I feared always hugs!!

And need to create hugs my way!!

Hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 03:40:14 pm »
I think too that it is not only a matter of alcohol being so important to gay people, but a matter of moderation.

You take a group of people who have been, or spend a lot of their time isolated, comming together to be theirselves, they want to celebrate, but sometimes take it too far. I see nothing wrong is a drink or two or three, as the case may be. Sometimes it is the social lubricant needed to open up. Look at Jack and Ennis and the pint they consumed, that left him with a top grade head ache the next morning.

Alcohol has a place in the scheme of things, but when it exceeds that place it destroys. SO replace it,no. Replace our attitudes, that is the way to go.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 03:50:28 pm »
We have had one or more coffee houses become popular gay hangouts in our community. However, no one goes to a coffee house at midnight on a Saturday night to get laid. As long as so much of gay life revolves around bars, I think replacing booze is a lost cause.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 03:59:04 pm »
We have had one or more coffee houses become popular gay hangouts in our community. However, no one goes to a coffee house at midnight on a Saturday night to get laid. As long as so much of gay life revolves around bars, I think replacing booze is a lost cause.  :(

I think you can still get laid without booze. 

Scott6373

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 04:10:15 pm »
Let's not propagate the myth and stereotype that all gay men and women drink and do illicit drugs more than anyone else.  There is and always has been a large faction of the gay community that have no interest in gay club, yet still have a drink now and then.  It's hard enough dispelling all those silly stereotypes without giving them additional credence here.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 04:20:23 pm »
There are more straight bars than gay ones. Perhaps the booze problem is a people problem, not a gay one.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."