Author Topic: French-Canadiens developping Wyoming or BM would not have killed Jack nor gays !  (Read 11711 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Like Annie says that her family in some ways started some area(s) of Wyoming, she possibly found out that French-Canadiens living in Wyoming would not have killed gay men nor Jack!!

Nor Ennis!

Any comments?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

Awaiting your replies.

In the gallery, i did talk at lenght with another artist last night, here. We do think that some BUCHERONS French-Canadiens had  their lovers, especially some in camps for a few months! Like my grand-papa did as a bucheron!

Awaiting your replies, ideas, etc.,
hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
You bring up interesting points, Artiste. I'm sure you're aware that Annie Proulx is of French-Canadian heritage herself. There are people of French heritage in Wyoming, and many French trappers passed through there during pioneer days. A river in northern Colorado is called Cache La Poudre. Wyoming is a place where many cultures have collided, some violently. The cattle ranchers and the sheep ranchers clashed, as well as the ranchers versus the farmers. Proulx talked about how the law abiding people and the outlaws clashed, as well as those building the transcontinental rail systems and highways. In the oilfields of today there are large mancamps where workers live in barracks or trailers. Some places such as Riverton have more workers living in camps than they have residents. Wyoming is a place where cultures and industries collide in many unpredictable ways.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Thanks Front-Ranger!

Yes, Annie's ancestors worked there and she is of some French-Canadienne descent!

When I was young, I too worked for months with men in oil camps for men, and no women there at all; should I have dared maybe find another gay man there and play with him then? Maybe a French-Canadien so not to be klilled for having a gay affaire??

What do you think?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Thanks Front-Ranger!

Yes, Annie's ancestors worked there and she is of some French-Canadienne descent!

When I was young, I too worked for months with men in oil camps for men, and no women there at all; should I have dared maybe find another gay man there and play with him then? Maybe a French-Canadien so not to be klilled for having a gay affaire??

What do you think?

Hugs!

Interesting point Artiste. Are some cultures more homophobic, perhaps more violent towards Gays than others? Do Gay bashings occur in Francophone countries? I'm not sure. When I was much younger back in the late 70's I traveled frequently to NYC to meet up with a close friend. We would from time to time go up to Montreal. I learned a great deal about the city, found Montreal a wonderful place with very interesting men. All of the men I rendezvoused with in Quebec were very closeted, but in a way more accepting of themselves than the closeted Texans I was much more familiar with. Perhaps you have made a good point, and I have noticed a similar more accepting attitude in Spain,Mexico and Argentina when I visited those countries. Very closeted men, but the tenor of the homophobia was not a sharp as here in Texas.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I don't know about this question...LOL.

French Canadians DO get into brawls, ARE or CAN be homophobic but in practice I doubt they are violent about it.

And we have to remember BBM is a story, it is not a history....

However:

Up in Wyoming last year we were in the truck stop in Casper, at about 2am. It was when me, frontranger, edelmar and a few others met Annie Proulx. At the next table were sitting a blond cowboy, a darkhaired cowboy and...Alma. They were all about 21-22 years old. The dark haired boy was passionately demanding the blond stop drinking. The blond cowboy had been so drunk he had FALLEN OUT OF HIS SADDLE 4 days previously. He  was so drunk in that truck stop he simply couldn't walk. Darkhaired cowboy told him he was shitting on their love, that he couldn't take it anymore, that if he didn't stop the drinking he would walk and find someone else to love even though they had been together since the second grade. Alma said "I can't take this. You are always drunk. You do not care for me or him, do not care what you DO to either of us my husband, , yet you claim you love us BOTH."

Then she ran into the ladies room, where my wife followed to comfort her.

"Brokeback Mountain, circa 2006"

LMAO!!!!!
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

Thanks brokeplex, and thanks brokebackjack!!

Yes, I believe that certain cultures are indeed much less violent towards gays, like the French-Canadiens accept much more gays like in the province of Quebec, than the English Canadians like in Ontario, Canada. I have not known nor read of cases where gays have been killed in Quebec just for being gay, but I know of many in Ontario who have murdered gays, some getting away with it even in the courts!!

I do think that religion has something to do with accepting gays or not!! But the islamic religion(s) murder ALL gays! We must fight against such a so-called religion: Islam!!!

Other religions can tolorate gays.

Any accept gays?

Hugs!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
The ultra-conservative forms of Islam are anti gay. Oh yeah, very anti gay.

In the more sophisticated centers of Islam such as Turkey, there are plenty of gays. It is traditional. Hell, Suleiman the Magnificent was magnificent because he was as queer as they come!
In Istanbul, the people referred to Jihadists and the Taliban as hilbillyaru---HILLBILLIES.

They are.

There is all the difference on earth between the sophistication of Turkish Islam in a sophisticated country with a genuine world city like Constantinople [istanbul] and some back woods ignorant mother&^!)^#**% jackass out of Herat who throws bombs and murders people in the name of a religion.

Artiste, I mean this---Islam is as split as christianity, but the splits in Islam are very very dangerous for both Islam and the rest of the world. If the fundamentalists win, the world is in for a very very bad time before their inevitable defeat.

IMO there are only 3 'normal' islamic countries. That's it. THREE COUNTRIES where you can live freely

Turkey--which is the cream of the developing world, and quite sophisticated, and yet Islam has 'stress cracks' even there! The saudis pour huge amounts of monet into the poorest sections of the country to build mosques etc. So they are  trying to reverse the tolerance of Turkish Islam, so far with little success.  Wahabbist islam, the saudi variety, is too outlandish for a sophisticated very westernised nation like Turkey. It's a good country. If Turkey goes, the battle is lost

Malaysia
A democratic Republican autocracy made of multiple Asian Kingdoms. It is very easy going. It has to be. It's a democracy, a republic, and a bunch of kngdoms.

The United Arab Emirates.

richer then god and small. with small members. The most conservative of the 3 and the one I know least about.

The rest are a real mess. To one degree or the other they have rotten governments and rotting societies. So people turn to religion....

Offline ifyoucantfixit

I dont know if I am a pollyanna or a simple dumbass.  But I for one dont think you can legislate, or beat
anyone into changing their mind about homosexuality..Any more than you can do that to achieve any other
mind set.  People have so many different reasons why they are believing the way they are..
      Personally I think education and example are the only ways to change peoples minds..They need to come
to know what real people are like, and see how they are.  Not just stereotypes they have heard about or
misconceptions they have formed thru all the negatives they have been exposed to.
      This is one of the reasons the war we are now waging is almost impossible to win..We think we can beat
them into becoming democratic, and forward thinking...impossible. Never going to happen
      But to say that if people were to go to Canada, or Quebec, or any other place because there is no
homophobia or intollerance there..is purely naive.  Refusing to see what you dont want to see.

Beautiful mind

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
 " But to say that if people were to go to Canada, or Quebec, or any other place because there is no homophobia or intolerance there...is purely naive.  Refusing to see what you don't want to see."

Yup. Can't say I ever heard it put so simply in here, m'dear lol!

Offline Artiste

Thanks ifyoucantfixit, and thanks brokenbackjack!!

Brokebackjack: I do NOT say that there is no homophobia in Canada, in Quebec nor in any other place!! There is certainly less of it in Quebec, and more of it likely in the rest of Canada, according to my experiences; and maybe much more elsewhere, plus certainly DEATH to gays in too many countries (like the muslim ones) to-day!! There is more and more intolerance to gays, and to Canadians plus Quebec born now in Canada, because too many muslims are entering Canada to destroy it nowadays!!

As you say: Refusing to see is purely naive; that to me is what the Brokeback Mountain movie is about: it tells us of death coming to gays and others who are tolerant, because bad like animals-criminals (so-called islamic religions as one type) are taking over; that is what Annie to me is forcasting!

What do you think?

Ifyoucantfixit: You HAVE to legislate against homophobia!! Too many idiots do NOT think and will murder a gay man for being gay!! Some of those potential murderers will not murder if there is a law against killing, beating up, stealing, etc., a gay man!!
There is a similar law to that in Canada, which was brought up into legislation by a gay open member of the Federal parliament!! I think that I would have been not only beaten but killed had it not be for that law!! (As you know 4 beat me up!!)

Of course islamics do NOT obey laws of a country, and therefore, will murder gays in a line up once they take over!! And kill before when they can one by one... as they did to my past lover-buddy (islamic MD murdered him in the hospital and gets away with it)!!

I would be good if a person can have a good heart towards gay men, but too many do not, no matter how kind you are, right?

...................................................................................

Hugs! Hugs!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Artiste, mon ami!!!

you MUST get a better translation program from francais a anglais. :'( The one you are using is not good and does not express what you are trying to say in terms which we can understand. :-\
Your translation program is baffling everyone who reads your posts.

Hugs back! :-*

jack

ps-- I attempted to translate the above post into french and had my neighbor look at it. I used the most common translation program. My neighbor is from Paris, and she had no idea what I was saying!

Offline Artiste

Thanks brokenbackjack!

It is surely clear to you, my expressions, most of them. At times, you are not clear neither. Nobody is that clear even in English! Look at Churchill: he was born in expensive (ha, ha) stock in England, and his spelling, was utmostly bad... failed his english in class, but since he wanted to learn once an adult, he became a good writer, right?

A Frenchman born in France is not better neither!! Too many in Paris borns do not even understand each other!! Same in the USA and England... there are variety within one's native language.

At least the subject here is French-Canadiens developping Wyoming likely would NOT have killed gay men!! Right?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
Thanks brokenbackjack!

It is surely clear to you, my expressions, most of them. At times, you are not clear neither. Nobody is that clear even in English! Look at Churchill: he was born in expensive (ha, ha) stock in England, and his spelling, was utmostly bad... failed his english in class, but since he wanted to learn once an adult, he became a good writer, right?

A Frenchman born in France is not better neither!! Too many in Paris borns do not even understand each other!! Same in the USA and England... there are variety within one's native language.

At least the subject here is French-Canadiens developping Wyoming likely would NOT have killed gay men!! Right?

Hugs!

Hi Artiste: I didn't know that you were using a translator program, I was curious about your sentence structure. But, I do understand what you are saying.

I agree with you that there is a great deal of homophobia, and for that matter misogyny in the Islamic world. But, Brokeback Jack is correct there are degrees of tolerance in the Islamic world. He sites in an earlier post Turkey as an example of a more secular and tolerant Islamic country. Based upon my experience, this is definitely true.
There are many, many tolerant cosmopolitan Muslims in the world, that just want to be left in peace to practice their faith, and they wish to leave others alone to practice theirs. The problem for the liberal, tolerant West (USA,Canada, W. Europe) is with the radical fundamentalist Islamic movement which has spawned a violent terrorist faction. It is these "Islamic Fascist" terrorists that I am very much afraid of. I  am concerned that many well-meaning tolerant people here in the US and W. Europe, do not seem to see this movement as posing the type of danger to our societies that I believe exists.
have a great week!

Offline Artiste

There are no proofs at all of islamic countries being tolerant; not at all!

They do still murder gay men, even those of their own religion, to-day! And they will... continue to kill because a gay man is gay only!

Have you not heard of hundrenths murdered in line in Iran last year in the Spring,  just lined up by the hundrenths? By their own gouvernment and religion!! To me, Annie tells us of this blindness in them and in us too!!

Hugs!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
But Iran is not Turkey, nor is it Malaysia.

There are many Islamic countries, some are fine and some are terrible. Brokeplex is right, it is the rightwing Islamo-fascist groups who are a danger. A terrible danger. To counteract them we need to support the most tolerant nations.

Nobody is murdered in modern Turkey for being gay. Nobody. They are not arrested. They are not harassed. I know gay people in Istanbul who say they felt more awkward and endangered as gay men in Italy then they had ever felt in Turkey. Half the Sultans of Turkey were bisexual! And the Ottoman sultans were Caliph -al-islam, the Islamic 'Pope'

You cannot say islam as a religion is vile. Some of its' practitioners are vile. And those vile ones are indeed a danger, for the whole world. But Islam as islam? No

Offline Artiste

Thanks brokenbackjack!

Since you brought up that subject, there have been recent documentary reports saying that Turkey is over 90 per cent islamic and that even if there is a present law, that the women more and more are obliged to wore veils; so it is going back to disobeying reasonable laws? To having ladies becoming slaves again, as in other islamic countries?

Even in Canada and the USA, we see now veiled women!! And that is freedom?? I do NOT see them females as free!!

Concerning the canadian laws, they are more and more disobeyed by the islamics here!! And they beat up or murder their own who talk FOR FREEDOM!! Here now!!

Yes, in many islamic countries there are men dancing together in bars, because they do NOT allow women in ANY bars!! And yes,  some men there do seem to be gay men, but even them will kill or be killed in the name of islam!!

You know that?

Hugs!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration

Concerning the canadian laws, they are more and more disobeyed by the islamics here!!

Do you have any proof for your disciminating statements?

Offline Artiste

Thanks Penthesilea!

One example: in Quebec now next year, it will be against the law in Catholic schools to teach catholic religion, as it did for hundrenths of years, in Canada!

The islamics have twisted our laws, and continue to do so! You know that?

Hugs!

Scott6373

Thanks Penthesilea!

One example: in Quebec now next year, it will be against the law in Catholic schools to teach catholic religion, as it did for hundrenths of years, in Canada!

Hugs!

This is a very ill-informed statement.  Muslims are no more responsable for the current state of the Catholic Church than I am for the increase in the heterosexual divorce rate.  I would love to read the actual Canadian law that states that religious education will be illegal in private Catholic (or any other private) school.  Perhaps you have misinterpreted something.

Islam, Catholicism, or whichever religious tradition you may call your own, is not the culprit.  Narrow minded ignorance is.  That is what we should be fighting, not perpetuating.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Thanks Penthesilea!

Hugs!

I have a couple of Muslim friends Artiste, and they are not like that at all. They respect me. It's like someone said earlier, the problem is with the extreme religious fanatics; not the main stream Muslim population. Most Muslims are moderate and not anything like we see portrayed in the movies and the media.

I grew up in Indiana. Indiana was/is Ku Klux Klan country. They were very powerful and influential here. In fact, at one point they almost completely took over the Indiana state government. The KKK are nothing more than violent, racist, homophobic pricks. And they are also Christian (or they claim to be anyway). I think these Islamic extremists are the Muslim version of the KKK. And it's not fair to lump all Muslim people in the same group with them. Just like it wouldn't be fair to lump all Christians into the same group as the KKK.  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Turkey is not 90% Moslem. It is 98% moslem. Women nowhere are forcvedto wear veils. They ARE wearing headscarves, to protest the corruption of modern Turkish politics, and the AMAZING corruption of the Old Boy Network which rules behind the scenes. They are also forcing change.

I don't see how islam has anything to do with Catholic schooling in Quebec. I find it very odd that a government would forbid the teaching of religion in a religiously affilliated school...

what is the story on that?

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Artiste, for canadians to accept a law which makes religious teaching in Catholic Schools, as least asI know Catholic schools--I went to catholic grade and high schools-- is  bizarre. Canada is a free nation, I cannot see them telling religiously affilliated schools that they can't teach RELIGION.

Unless the church runs the entire school system in Quebec province???

Offline Artiste

Thanks brokebackjack!!

You bring up good points as well as good questions!!

1- May I say that I do NOT think that you know the islamic situation in Turkey that well, nor do I !! However, there has been some documentarries on TV about it lately. It is said that more and more women are wearing veils, that as a FACT! Even if there seems to be a law there against it, it seems to me, if I remember properlym the veils are more and more popular! Can you check on that? To me, such forms (veils) of anti-women rights are DANGEROUS because those islamic men and that so-called religion are beaten or murdering their wives if they do NOT wear veils!! Probably murdering gay men too!!

2- Concerning the Catholic religion that will be illegal in schools in the Quebec, Canada, schools, that is a FACT. Some Catholics and others were on TV last week protesting such a law that has been passed!! Note also that the protestant schools, it will be also against the law to teach their religion in those schools too!!  Muslims schools are now too in Quebec, and they teach their own islamic religion only, you know that? But will it be illegal now too? Schools, I think now, even if private ones or public ones, will have to salt and pepper (if I may say that) religions now: that is give an apercu (what is the english word, could it be: an briefing?) of VARIOUS religions!! You found that out too?

The world is changing rapidly even in our democratic countries, but will it remain democratics ones??

Hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Artiste, I have to be honest here. You have a fixed view or agenda in your mind  and I'm sorry, I DO know the situiation in Turkey. I'm not going to respond to any more of these, I simply do not understand where you are coming from.
You seem to think that only you have the right answers. What would you have us all do, start another war in North America? Talk to the French, they KNOW they are being outbred by immigrants and will soon be a minority in theur own country.Apparently they don't think it is worth fighting a race war over...

Enough alllready.

Offline Artiste

Thanks brokebackjack and others!

Indeed it is a hard subject(s) to talk about, but we can surely NOT give a blind eye to that and to others difficulties in our countries; we must SURVIVE as gay men and as for our religions and non-religions, I say; plus make sure that our educated women NOT be murdered because they have education and do not were veils, etc; as there are such dangers coming and some have arrived!! You know that?? !!

Yes, if more immigrants from islamic religions are taking over the United States, Canada, England, France, and other such democraties, there will be no more gays killed, because they murder gay men in line ups; and, they murder also women who are educated. There are many proofs of that in those islamic countries and other they took over already!! Radicals do that only? The twin towers... innocent persons died because of such islamics? Moderate islamics are rare who help to save lives of innocent persons... more on that later, as even them get beaten up or killed by radical islamics here if they talk on TV for  our democraties, are such reports here on TV stations this year and last year!!!

WE like it or not, the USA, Canada, England, we are at war; ilamics did place bombs... and abuse our democraties. And are getting away with it!!

Concerning that in Quebec, there was over an hour long TV special on that last night; yes, it will be against the law to teach catholic religion only in catholic schools, to teach protestant religion in protestant schools, etc.; that will be so in ALL the schools, public and even private ones, in a short time; ( I will refind the date for you all, as I think that will be in a year or two, as the law has been passed). More on that? That seems to be a measure of protection for us?

So now it will be a salt and pepper effort in all schools, of all or many religions to be named and briefly (I supposed) to teach what they are, like the many islamic religions included.

French-Canadiens there in Quebec are waking up and trying to save their culture... and there is talk!

AS I said, I do think that French-Canadiens would not have kill Jack ( as in the BM movie because he was a gay man, nor Ennis), and that is so in the province of Quebec then and now, but since immigrations too much from VIOLENT countries, this is changing as more and more are against gays living at all! WE must not keep a blind eye on that?

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

Think that China should NOT be in Tibet!

Nor in Canada!

Nor take over the USA!

At least French-Canadiens would not allow China to invade Canada and the uSA!

Food for thought?

Hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Every group will gradually take over every other group, it has always been that way.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

Is to-day your birthday?

So you think China will take over Canada?

The USA?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Well yeah.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

Thanks Shakestheground!

Well yeah. 

To all the above??

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY  Birthday!!
Full of health and fun, with all the desires you want EVERY DAY!!

So how will China take over the USA?

You are too young to have worn my boots, right? You still have your baby boots?

HUGS!!

Offline Artiste

Thanks

But I really believe the subject of my thread!!

However, there must have been some murders of gays, yes, in Quebec, as I know that some were in the rest of Canada!!

You say:

Sorry, I lost your post.  Will try to find it and come back!

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

I still think so...

Offline Artiste

Many like one of my grand-papas was a lumberjack!!

Lumberjacks lived in the forests for many months with OTHER MEN!!

And they learned that male-to-male sex and/or love was naturel!!

What do you think?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
is that you Artiste?

Offline Artiste

What do you think?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
I don't know, I guess it is you.

Offline Artiste

If it was a bit like moi, would that be OK pour toi, yes for you?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
of course Artiste! your appearance is very attractive. go focus on your paintings!

Offline Artiste

Funny!

You managed to make me smile!

And make my day!

Eh stud!

Seriouly, certain cultures are more pro, that is for accepting gays?

Au revoir,
hugs!