Author Topic: I may be the only one  (Read 3535 times)

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
I may be the only one
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:22:34 am »
that didn't know about this site...these little music videos are just awsome, and quite , gulp, lets say emotion envoking...enjoy...

It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: I may be the only one
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:00 am »
YouTube saved many a life in the days before the DVD release!

O0

Heathen

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 02:47:04 am »
that didn't know about this site...these little music videos are just awsome, and quite , gulp, lets say emotion envoking...enjoy...

Definitely, and "Renouncement" is probably the most well thought out and professionally edited of them all (that I've seen) - and darn if that music can't make me cry on its own anyway...  Anyway, it may be a little "tacky", but the BBM video with the song "Up Where We Belong" had me chocking back tears also.  You just know that lots of love and dedication goes into these clips.  The "U-W-W-B" clip even seems to match the images of Jack versus Ennis with the vocals (Jack's the girl apparently).
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

moremojo

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:55:46 am »
I discovered youtube when hanging out on TOB on IMDb. Had many a frisson, a few smiles, and few more tears by using that resource. The last time I checked in there was within the last week or so, to watch the SpongeBob Squarepants 'Brokeback' parody. I love me some SpongeBob and Patrick!

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:32:29 pm by moremojo »

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 11:28:48 am »
Awh damn.... and I said I wasn't gonna watch BBM for a good while and cry anymore, but this was like watching the whole movie in just a few short minutes...   and yeah, I cried, like you Chirs and probably so many who see even this "Renouncement", I cried again.  It's good.

Rayn

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 12:34:45 pm »
I'd seen this one before, but it is very moving each time! Watching it again now, it struck me again how devastating it must have been for Ennis, getting the 'DECEASED' postcard! I mean, how horrible.. You postcard just being sent back to you with a big fat red 'DECEASED' on it... Numbing.. Everytime, I fear for Ennis being run over by a car in that scene..

Chris, do you happen to have the link to "Up Where We Belong"? I can find it, I guess, but just in case you have it bookmarked..  ;)

~ j U d E
[I have my youtube in the making. Though it's rather a collection of pictures, than videos.. I'll post it, when it's finished]
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 03:23:57 pm »
Thanks for posting that, Gaylee. Even though it made me cry and froze my computer about six times, it was well worth it. I have bookmarked it. (I don't own the DVD, so I rely on YouTube between viewings.) And you're right, Jude, for some reason it really emphasizes the devastation of the postcard scene! Maybe because in general that particular video is sort of Enniscentric.

My other favorite YouTube music videos are

L'amore conta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CVRSsfpTZs&search=brokeback

Everything (which I'm pretty sure is by the same person as Renouncement)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXNWlU-BjU&search=brokeback

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:15:28 pm »
Chris, do you happen to have the link to "Up Where We Belong"? I can find it, I guess, but just in case you have it bookmarked..  ;)

Sure do, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSFV4eDSTU&search=brokeback%20belong
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 07:08:46 am »
Sure do, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSFV4eDSTU&search=brokeback%20belong
Thank you Chris! Will watch it later at home!

Those too, latjoreme!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -