Author Topic: Depression  (Read 4420 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Depression
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:53:31 am »
Why does depression suddenly hit you between the eyes for seemingly no reason atall?  I woke at about 2 am this morning, and laid in bed  crying my eyes out. I was so cross with myself, but I just couldn,t stop. For the past week or so I,ve just had this: "I don,t give a shit about anything" attitude and it,s still here. This isn,t me atall. I,m a happy person, not this gloomy miserable person. I have no idea what hell is wrong with me. I,ve just put it down to my age, and maybe I,m having an early menopause or something, who the hell knows. Anyone else feel like this or is just me who has the miseries today? :'(

injest

Re: Depression
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:01:58 am »
shoot, I have been in a horrible mood too the past couple of weeks.

I think it is the time of year (well partly)

I know a lot of people that are in a funk, I told  my friend that we couldn't ALL be in a bad mood at the same time. SOMEBODY has to stay cheerful to help bring the rest of us up..

Don't be so hard on yourself. It MAY be hormones but whatever it is, Souxi, you have a right to feel how you feel. If you woke up and found your child crying would you think they were silly or be angry with them? Be kind to yourself. Try to think of something to do that will comfort you.

{{{{{Souxi}}}}}}

let us know how things are going.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:27 am »
Thanks injest, your a sweetie. Your quite right of course. If one of my kids woke up crying I wouldn,t tell them off of course, but with me it feels different. I mean at 2am!! ffs. I just feel so stupid. I can,t shake it off, and I have NO idea whats caused it. The only things I can think of that have happened this year are:
A few months back my youngest was extreemly ill with tonsilitis, his temp was 103 and he was shaking. I,d been up ALL night with him as I always do when the kids are poorly, and the doctor came and gave him antibiotics etc. Then he had a tonsilectomy, and I spent the night in hospital with him. He took ages to get better, and we had many sleepless nights, but he,s fine now. Then there was last week when I couldn,t find him, and it actually did make me physically ill that night, with a temperature etc. I had NO sleep atall, but after a couple of days I was ok. But surely it can,t be all that? It,s just too stupid for words, as my dad would say. I,m so annoyed with myself and I want to tell myself to get a grip. I,m going away on Saturday down to the coast for a week, so maybe some good sea air will do me a world of good. I sure hope so, I,m sick to death of being such a misery. Thanks for letting me rabbit on anyway, I appreciate it.
Souxi. xxxx

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:04:29 am »
These thing can have many causes, season, hormones, etc. I face the same thing from time to time and can usually find a reason why but ocassionally I am stymied and have to work my way thru it.

Do you exercize? Get some andorphins going in your system, a trip to the beach would be great for that. If it persists, you may want to consult your physician.

(((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))

For what its worth.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 11:54:37 am »
I agree, I was reading that an episode of depression is not uncommon. Short lived episodes of depression are okay long as it does not last too long, if it lasts 2 to 6 months then its Clinical Depression. This time a year is what I call a "happy time", the air is crisp, the leaves are a beautiful color (not here "but if only in my dreams") and its great to get a lot of work done and a great time to get tagther with family and friends with all the fun Holidays coming.

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 01:59:11 pm »
Sorry to revive this "depressing" topic again, but I thought I,d let you know how things are at the moment. I went away for a week, thats why I havn,t posted. The first couple of days were awful. I wanted to come home. I really felt down. I cheered up a bit and by the end of the week I was feeling nearly human again. I,m glad I,m at home again now though. Are there any natural ways to combat depression? For example I read that diet is supposed to help, ie eating oily fish and lots of vegetables. St Johns Wort, a herbal remedy is supposed to help too. I did take prozac years ago but I decided I couldnt take it forever so I stopped. I really do have to get a grip here and stop being such a misery. I,m sick of me. On a lighter note I am taking up writing again. Dont worry I,m NOT delving into the world of BBM fan fic, I,m nowhere near clever enough for that, but just some other stuff I,ve got going on. I started a creative writing course a few years ago and gave up on it, because I thought I was useless,(thats the depression I suppose), now I,m keen to take it up again. I doubt I,ll get anything published, I,m not in the same league as the likes of Lousie and Leslie, hell I couldnt even manage a drabble lol, but I,m getting there. Thanks for putting up with my miseries. If my posting this thread is depressing anyone please tell me and I,ll stop. The last thing I want to do is make everyone else miserable as well.
Souxi. xxx

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 03:08:53 pm »
{{{{{souxi }}}}}}

share what ever you like, you are among friends here.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 05:32:21 pm »
I've heard taking St. John's Wort tea regularly helps to stabilize mood swings and aids with depression.

I suppose St. John's Wort tinctures might do the same thing.

I cannot say I've tried it myself and of course, you would want to look into any possible health issues with taking an herbal remedy.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 06:33:03 pm »
   Sioux

Depression is hell.  It takes over your whole life.  I understand that in spite of all the different remedies that modern
medicine has found.  There is still no easy answer for it.  It effects most people, at one time or another.  It has
different degrees of devastation on everyone.  I wil think of you all the time.  I know that the better thing for you
to do, is to remain connected.  Talk  to people as much as you can...Just never disconnect.  Keep talking.  Keep on keepin on.  As hard as that may be for you to do...    If you ever need to talk..Just send me a pm.  I will be
there for you always.
      Sometimes the reason for depression can be as simple as the weather, and hormones.  The problem is when it
continues for a prolonged period of time..Then you should seek help.  Don't try to self medicate.  That will only
be putting a bandaid on a broken arm.
                                                                                                 (((((((loveandkisses))))))))))    janice

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 06:46:34 am »
I doubt I,ll get anything published, I,m not in the same league as the likes of Lousie and Leslie

Will you allow us to judge that for ourselves when you post your stories in the Creative Writer's corner?  :) :-*

Good luck with your writing, Souxi! It really helps to forget about things and just dive into your story and characters!