Author Topic: book/novel quiz  (Read 7760 times)

Dagi

book/novel quiz
« on: October 18, 2007, 06:50:33 pm »
Hey girls and guys, I'd like to start a new game, and I'd be very glad if many of you participated!

I'd love to start a

book/novel quiz.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all well read, but I love reading, so....the game is as follows:

I ask a question, and in case you know the answer you quote the question and post the answer. And In case you know a good question, don't hesitate to post it, no matter whether you knew the answer!

So, let's start with an easy one:

What is M. Tolliver's nickname?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: book/novel quiz
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 06:59:10 pm »
Can I answer this even though I haven't read the books? I Googled it, and Michael Tolliver's nickname from the "Tales of the City" books about San Francisco by Armistead Maupin, is "Mouse." So cute!!

I loved that Mouse said, "I would love the people who loved me back, and loved me unconditionally."

One time I began reading one of these books that was printed in the San Francisco paper, but only a few parts here and there. I want to read one of the books all the way thru, now!!

More questions, please!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Dagi

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:06:01 pm »
Can I answer this even though I haven't read the books? I Googled it, and Michael Tolliver's nickname from the "Tales of the City" books about San Francisco by Armistead Maupin, is "Mouse." So cute!!

I loved that Mouse said, "I would love the people who loved me back, and loved me unconditionally."

One time I began reading one of these books that was printed in the San Francisco paper, but only a few parts here and there. I want to read one of the books all the way thru, now!!

More questions, please!

I highly reccomend the last one, Michael Tolliver Lives! And your answer was right of course!

Okay then, next question:

In which novel does someone called Cloud get to eat grass quite often?

Dagi

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:03:06 am »
Well, I'm totally flummoxed.  Rarely do I read a novel in which a main character eats grass, much less ones named Cloud.   :P  I'm wondering if Cloud is a horse. 

Cloud is an animal, yes, one that looks a little like a cloud.  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:46:13 am »
Hey girls and guys, I'd like to start a new game, and I'd be very glad if many of you participated!

I'd love to start a

book/novel quiz.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all well read, but I love reading, so....the game is as follows:

I ask a question, and in case you know the answer you quote the question and post the answer. And In case you know a good question, don't hesitate to post it, no matter whether you knew the answer!

So, let's start with an easy one:

What is M. Tolliver's nickname?

MOUSE!!!!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 08:04:16 am »

I
       Its a horse right..I saw that documentary like that but I dont know a book like that..But cloud was a horse!!

Was it green grass of Wyoming?  just a guess

Beautiful mind

Dagi

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 09:06:39 am »
I
       Its a horse right..I saw that documentary like that but I dont know a book like that..But cloud was a horse!!

Was it green grass of Wyoming?  just a guess

What do clouds look like?  ::)  wooly?  Just a hint.  ;D

Dagi

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 06:21:40 am »
Was Mary's little lamb named Cloud?  Oh wait, that was a nursery rhyme and not a novel.   :P

Cloud is a sheep, yes, and the book it´s in changed my view of sheep drastically . Every time I went by them I expected them to behave like in one of Gay Larson´s comics the moment I turned my back.

Hey, Gary, here´s a place to brag a little....maybe you want to post a question and let us guess?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 06:36:09 am »
In which novel does someone called Cloud get to eat grass quite often?

Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann ?

I googled too -- are we allowed to do that?  :P ;D

Fun thread, Dagi!

Here's one from Jr. High: **Dan and Ann are main characters in this book.**

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 05:00:56 pm »

Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann ?

I googled too -- are we allowed to do that?  :P ;D

Fun thread, Dagi!

Here's one from Jr. High: **Dan and Ann are main characters in this book.**

Of course you are allowed to google...and the answer is right!!

Shasta sweetie, you did it! NIce to see you here, BTW!

Now I´ll have to think of another question...*scratches her head* - I´m too tired at the moment, I´ll do that tomorrow. And who ever feels like posting one, feel free to do that, please!

Thanks for posting a question, Shasta, but I have not the slightest idea...